Chen Jin ( 陈金 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 9, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Excuses? kah kah kah. It's obvious you dont follow the Msia media reports on baddy tournaments. In terms of LCW's lost to CJ, these are criticism towards the Msia players, cos it means they didnt play well, not excuse or discounting CJ's abilities. :)

Of course when they lose, the press will bug the players & coaches as to "why you lose?" not "why your opponent win?".
    Of course one needs to look into one's own weakness, they cant just say "My lower ranking opponent played better", not in public, not so near OG, sesssssh such statement would draw even more critism. I.e. saying that in public would mean the players are giving excuses, lazy, mentally weak - get the picture?

Saying his own weakness means LCW knows his shortcomings, he apologised for those shortcomings, will work to improve. That augurs better with the sports authorities & public.

Did you actually read the press reports? Do you know how upset the NSC, BAM are, that such failures are unacceptable? That they want meet up with the players after Swiss Open to ensure it does not happen again?
    On KKK/TBH's lost, Rexy did say Sakamota/Ikeda played "exceptionally well."

#41 eaglehelang, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I watched a bit of the AE MSF. To me, CJ is really boring to watch; no style, not special in any areas. I found LD's footwork to really have deteriorated; he's practically tripping over himself when he was diving, he used backhand so much, and in general, looked way out of it.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, watched the game last night as well, LD looks to be fooling around, i've never seen him so completely unbalanced so many times in a game before, and from what i could see, this wasn't really due to any shots which CJ made.

in any case, it seems that CJ is injured now anyway, which can only be good news for LCW.

4. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I am happy that Chen Jin won the AE, but I do not think he is the man to beat at this year's Olympics. Watching the final, Lin Dan was playing injured (or half-heartedly) and just pretty much kept the rallies going with no intent to kill the shuttle. Chen Jin seemed to be trying hard to finish the rally but Lin Dan just stood his ground, and in the end, Lin Dan forced deuce in both sets.

Chen Jin really lacks substance in his play IMO, its seems like he is well rounded, but does not excel in any one area to be able to win rallies.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

LOL....so now the finger pointing goes to Lin Dan, despite his "generosity" of gifting the AE title to Chen Jin :eek::eek:

6. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah me too... I want him to be a great player! But even though his results say he's doing well, I just don't feel he has as much potential as I once did. I hope he proves me wrong though :).

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

as many have mentioned, he lacks a significant weapon. LD has his speed and power, LCW also has amazing speed, fitness and fantastic court coverage, TH has the best backhand and his net play is terrific.

CJ is well above average in every department, but he's more like a jack of all trades, master of none.

8. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    Why all this talk of Lin Dan throwing the match or being injured.

1. All Chinese players follow orders. Cheng Hong and Bao Chunlai as to who had the better record against Taufik, and as such who would win their match and face Taufik in the final before, etc.

2. Even if Lin Dan was injured... well done to Chen Jin.

3. Chen Jin looks a good outside chance for Olympic games:
    2000 Taufik was favorite, Ji Xinpeng beat him in the quarter final.
    2004 Lin Dan was favorite, Ronald beat him in the round of 32, Taufik won.
    2008 Lin Dan is favorite...

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think we have over discussed the LD vs CJ final and reasons now.

#49 jamesd20, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  10. NiKYEAM

NiKYEAM Regular Member

Student

I disagree. I think Chen Jin has made loads of improvement. From playing at junior level in the World Juniors a couple of years ago to winning an AE title is no small feat. Definitely, he is not as good as LD, BCL and CH but at his age, he has plenty of time to make up for it. He has a rather big headstart against the other competitors his age, playing in big games and gaining valuable experience and confidence before any of them. When we finally see LD, LCW and TH getting older and their game slowing down, CJ will be there to bring them down.

Just my 2 cents. :D

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    CJ will have time to improve his skill and mentality too..... I have no doubt.

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

"At his age"... CJ is officially 22 (DOB Jan. 86) now. Let's compare.

LD: At 22 (Oct. 2005- Oct. 2006, DOB Oct.83), LD was simply dominating.

CH: At 22 (Nov. 2001- Nov. 2002, DOB Nov.79), CH was also dominating (Not sure it's 2001-02 or 2002-03, but he was ranked No. 1 for more than a whole year around that time).

BCL: Indeed, CJ is comparable to BCL. :D

The official reason for CJ injury is "he played too hard in previous matches". So it's not clear whether CJ could sustain his speed till LD, LCW getting old enough. :D

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

So you think

discussing an important issue == being excited over one of the outcomes?:confused:

For your information, many die-hard Team China fans are also doing similar analysis. Check www.chinabadminton.com.

CJ's OG qualification is simply an important issue that's worth discussing. :cool:

14. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I think Lin Dan and Taufik were already dominating before age 22...

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    My kkk hit the jackpot in his first year.Thats a big achievement.But yet,start dominating at a young age wont be a factor to determine his greatness.look what happen to kkk now.Special?maybe.To dominate in ur first years is something remarkable.

I think i got ur point but to compare players using their age is not really good way.
    Taufik have a bad days in his career when lost his lifetime coach,Mulyo Handoyo.He start as superstar but that doesnt guarantee he'll be a great player all the time.
    n lin dan. He didnt start really well.I think he is a shadow of chen hong n other seniors before came out a champion.Like Bcl(just that bcl's shadowman is a little bit longer than ld)

Chen jin need some time to show us his true colurs but in future,who knows he may be the greatest champion we are looking for?

16. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i knew about him :p:D the best thing about sports is that there will always be new up-and-comming players that will always come up to pull off a cinderella run ;) no matter what country you're from, you gotta admit that there are plenty talented players around the globe in different "non-traditional" countries that can be world champion someday :eek: here's hoping that in a few years, we have a canadian :rolleyes:

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think we have covered a variety of topics here now- CJ's form, AE Final, OG Qualification, LYB's Team management and finally the merits of an OG vs SS events.

Even though I instigated or assited the development of many of them, if we don't return to the Original aim - CJ's Form then this thread may be closed.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Nooo..

..that can't be!!:eek::eek: ;)...Yes, as in most cases, if just a mention of LYB or team CHN or anything to do w/them, most of BC will break lose..:p
    Anyway, going back to CJ's form leading up to the OG qualification, i think he's got his work cut out for him. Imagine him, exerting all of his energy this next couple of months, just to qualify and be in the top 4!.........But, he's a young chap;):cool:!
    *Btw, good to see you posting and monitoring the forum, again, James! Must be the after-effect of the AE, heh??:);)

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We don't have to worry....Taufik already has that coveted medal that Lin Dan so badly wants safely tucked in his drawer :D

Now, going back to Chen Jin, since this thread is about him right, Chen Jin will of course wants to be involved in the Olympics :eek:

20. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Why some people are glad that China only might go with 2 single players is not the fact that these people hate the players, its the system they dislikes. Look at the recent AE and this Swiss Open. You cant even count the walkover on one hand in the games with CHN vs CHN. That is pathetic and ruins the sport and thats what people dislike.

Chen Jin played very good and cleverly during AE, but its far from sure that he would have won the AE if not LD was ordered to fake an injury. Some people might go with "but LD was injured bla bla bla...." If LD was injured, would LYB then risk to make the injury worse and in the worst outcome loose their best bet on a gold medal in the MS category, the answer is NO! And how can it be that LD has destroyed every opponent so far in Swiss Open including Chen Yu if he was that injured? The answer to this is that China once again have started fixing matches and that is the main reason people dislike that China might go with 3 MS players.