Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jctai

jctai Regular Member

The first half of the article is only describing a reporter's experience while the match is going on, nothing important.
    The second half of the article is about Lee Chong Wei's response to his victory over Chen Long and Li Yong Bo's comment about Lee and Lin being past their primes and are no match for Chen Long.
    Lee Chong Wei's response are:
    "I didn't have too much second thoughts on court, I fight for every point. Since I've lost the first game I'll fight for the second. I wasn't thinking about the outcome of the match, just enjoy it while I can. As long as the match isn't over, I'll handle the pressure of every point."
    About Chen Long:
    "He's still young, his stamina is better than old folks like us. He can save every point, even when the shuttle almost touched the ground (he laughed). Everytime I face Chen Long, I have to do the most strenuous preparation to overcome the opponent."
    About Li Yong Bo's comment:
    "Every coach has the right to evaluate their players, I don't care what Li Yong Bo say about Chen Long. His stamina is better than Lin and me for sure, but from the perspective of on court rhythm, every player is different."
    About his coming match against Ng Ka Long:
    "It's his home turf, the pressure will be on me. When playing against star players, rising players have nothing to fear, they will fight with everything they have. But even if I lose, as long as we deliver a great performance to the audience, it is a good thing."

#661 jctai, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Much appreciated.Thanks

3. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    LYB is a perennial outspoken guy .

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks jctai!

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Looks like Chen Long is Li YB's new golden boy after Lin Dan lacklustre performance lately. Lee CW defeated Chen L twice in 5 days, just wondering what's Li YB comment about this fact.

Thanks for the translation :)

6. jctai

jctai Regular Member

My pleasure guys.
    Li Yong Bo is a kind of character that I love to hate, but at the same time he's responsible for making China a giant in badminton world. He's like an CEO of a successful business who everybody despise. We shall see how will China do in the Olympics next year with the rising threats in all discipline except women doubles.

7. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No doubt it's a slap on LYB's own face, forced to eat humble pie, but he's still sticking to his own guns saying Chen Long is at the moment stronger than either Lin Dan or Lee CW,at the same time putting down CL's last two defeats to his underestimation of LCW while also praising LCW for still being able to play at a very high level and acknowledging he is certainly one of the hot favourites for Rio Olympic gold.

9. wangyii

wangyii Regular Member

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I heard that but it's untypical or uncharacteristic of Chen Long, probably pissed off by the reporter's question. Surprisingly, the reporter didn't put it down in writing, not in the article I read. Just like when Lin Dan first made a comeback and a number of reporters kept asking Chen Long what impact it has on Chen Long to which he either responded, 'sorry, no comments' and walked off, or posed the question back, 'why don't you ask Lin Dan ?'.

11. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    By naming " they " he is sure having some one in his mind.

12. ashers888

ashers888 Regular Member

What racket is Chen Long currently using?

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Prophetic words from seven years ago.

Today, at the Malaysia Open, Chen Long showed how he is able to change his game to take on the unexpected.
    After being thwarted in the first game (and until almost midway through Game 2) by a wayward and persistent draught, he overcame the defiant and talent Jonatan Christie 8-21, 21-19, 21-14.

volcom, Justin L and kwun like this.
  14. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    What is a wayward and persistent draught? The definition I can find for ""draught is "draft beer". This quotation makes no sense.

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Actually, you got it. "draught" as "draft", the wind in the stadium :)

On a more serious note, what CL did was what LD used to be able to do. He got himself in an impossible position and overcame it at the end. In contrast, LD could not dig himself out of the hole and crashed out in the quarter-finals.

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

There's English beyond American spellings.
    Google is your friend.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

I'm hearing disturbing but unconfirmed reports that, at the 2016 Singapore Open, Chen Long was instructed to lose to Angus Ng Ka Long.
    Apparently, it was part of some bizarre strategy to eliminate 'the more threatening' Wei Nan from the Rio list.

If anyone knows the ranking system very well, do take a look and see if there is any merit in these reports coming from badminton officials.
    If there is any truth in this, it would resemble an infamous episode during the run-up to a previous Olympics.
    That was Chen Jin's very unexpected 'loss' to India's P Kashyap to eliminate Ajay Jayaram who had all but packed his bags to go.

19. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Wei Nan doesn't seem to be much of a threat to LD or CL, only really LCW and a few others. So surely China would want Wei Nan in the Olympics.

Oldhand likes this.
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Wei Nan gives no trouble to Chen Long or Lin Dan. Lin Dan once defeated him like 21-5 or something. Chen Long smashed him brutually in the Asian Games. So,i sincerely urge you to expose this fake source. ???