Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Do you know how’s Shi Yuqi’s recovery right now? Wish he’s back soon, great guy and great attacking play. One more contender to challenge Momota

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Let fate decide. With the current state it looks like daunting challenge for China MS to continue Olympic gold tradition after Lin Dan (2008, 2012) and Chen Long (2016).

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No matter what, Shi Yuqi has to be back competing actively next month, full steam ahead, no time to lose, only four months left for him to play catch-up in the Race to Tokyo.

I'd expect him to register for all the tournaments available from January to April, can't afford any break in-between, and unless he performs very well in the higher tier events, he won't have the luxury to skip the smaller events for a much-needed rest.

Must be pretty tough and stressful for him. What to do, if he misses this Olympics, he'll have to wait another 4 years. At age 23, how many four-year cycles does he have for the quadrennial Olympics?

I do agree with you, Shi Yuqi has the potential to be a serious challenger to Momota. At the Sudirman Cup, the way he trounced Momota, as well as their previous two encounters, gave me the impression he was on the cusp of another breakthrough in his career, if not for the unfortunate injury at the INA Open in July.