Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Chen Qingchen陈清晨/Jia Yifan贾一凡

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2019-03-12/doc-ihsxncvh1782211.shtml

Ah, so this is what contributed to the success of Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan winning the prestigious All England trophy, aka the mini-world championship in badminton circles. My translation of the relevant paragraph follows:

The night before, Coach Pan Li specifically responded to Jia Yifan's stubborn streak in character when on court by issuing her a 'diplomatic note' saying," if you don't play well in the final, I forbid you to watch your idol's birthday bash" (If I'm not wrong, JYF's idol refers to a Korean movie star or superstar singer as she is known to be a huge K-wave fan, even learning Korean for the sake of it - Justin L).

During G2, Coach Pan yelled:" I want a change (in tactics) !" Jia Yifan said half in jest:" The key to our victory lies in our making timely tactical changes, boldly. Moreover, I was afraid if I didn't do as told, coach Pan would not allow me to 'chase my idol' "