China’s chance to win the Thomas Cup for the 4th time in a row (POLL ADDED!)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by AlanY, Apr 19, 2010.

?

Who will win the thomas Cup 2010?

Poll closed May 12, 2010.
  1. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Denmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indonesia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Korea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Malaysia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (please post to specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

In fact such line up shows that LYB does not have as much confidence in LD and CY/FHF as he did in 2006 and 08.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    should be not have as much confident in cj and fhf/cy
    not ld
    he dare not let cj play as the 1st ms if he lost,and the 1st md lost
    it will be 0-2 already
    so put lindan back as 1st ms is the better choice(and not another way around);)

as for cy/fhf
    they need to get extra fit and top form to keep them unbeaten AGAIN as 1st md(like previous edition) as they are already 30/26
    so,better to play as 2nd md,having some slight advantage

3. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I think FHF/GZD will be a good pair and Im quite sure they can beat Lars/Jonas and Msia's 2nd MD...FHF/CY dont have good records against Lars/Jonas while GZD/XC have never won against Boe/Mogensen
    As for Msia...Cai Yun/Xu Cen beat KKK/TBH before...
    We all know that FHF/CY are not as good as they were

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but not everyone agree this;)

5. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Sometimes gambling works

6. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

That's the fact..and not everyone can accept the fact :p

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    admit the truth is another thing;)

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    This TC10 is very interesting...CHN has the best hope of winning but not unbeatable. FHF/CY is still top 5 MD, split-up now will be risky and DEN may take both MD and 2-0 up. PG plays very consistent lately, if LD could not get back to OLY08 form, that is 50-50 between them as PG does play well in MAS and currently in good form. JOJ plays CJ, who knows, even though I would say CJ has better odds. What if LD plays 2nd MS, then we have PG plays CJ, eeek! Not good for CHN:eek: Still keep FHF/CY together, move them 2nd MD, that is better strategy;)

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Other times gambling fails... :D:D Let's consider the following two situations.

Suppose you are almost guaranteed a 3:1 win. But if you gamble, it's 50% 3:0, 50% 2:3. Would you gamble?

How about, suppose you are almost guaranteed a 2:3 loss. But if you gamble, it's 50% 3:2, 50% 0:3. Would you gamble?

In the late 90s China often falls into the 2nd case. In 06 and 08 they are definitely the first case. This year... :cool:

10. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    However we like to put bunch of variables into the scenario, past history has proven that China will emerge as winner with its' dominating depth and strength. Of course anything is possible just like how Malaysia managed to win in 1992 but that history is quite unlikely to happen again as only MS1 and MD1 have a fighting chance for team Malaysia.
    I also think Korea has better chance than Malaysia as the 2 MDs are very solid and more consistence then Malaysia counterpart. The same can be said about Denmark, if Peter manage to steal one point from team China then Malaysia fan will be cheering on their side and the 2 MDs are very solid. On paper, Indonesia seems like the weakest link, with all big names but not in their top form.
    Just look at the top 4 Chinese MS, anyone of them is capable of beating any MS1 from any country including world #1 Chong Wei! The only weak link in Team China is the MD, putting Fu/Cai as MD2 may backfire ...
    Like I've said before, regardless how I throw in variables, I think is pretty obvious China will win the title again!
    Salute to China for dominating for such a long period of time.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

*SIGH* This is such an irrelevant thread. The TC is pretty much guaranteed to be in CHN's hands once again. Predicting the runner up (as some have already mentioned) is much more interesting.

Sometimes I think threads like this are set up by Jia You fans simply to glorify their idols. We all know how superior CHN is so there is no need to tell us how great they are and how easily they will beat up on everyone else.

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree with you, except on FHF/CY at 2nd MD backfires, why? CHN top MD pair with major titles (AE,WC), experience and still very fit playing the 2nd stringer MD from INA (who's that?), MAS (Fuzzy? huh?), DEN (some competition I guess), KOR (same as DEN), that would give CHN way better chances of getting 1 pt than playing 1st MD. Now, with CHN 2nd and 3rd MS almost guaranteeing 2 pts, that is almost like $$$ in the bag;)

#92 OneToughBirdie, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

cant agree with you more. LYB also has an option, depending on who they are up against, to put CY/FHF as MD1 and a scratch pair or the young and inexperience but fearless CB/ZN as MD2.
    I also mentioned in other thread that if CHN keep LD as MS2, LYB should have more options.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    CY/FHF are not as fast as before, but they are still good. At least the focus is still there, just witness the World Championships last year.

But of course, the Danes may be trouble and your suggestion to mix 'em up or even play CB/ZN might pay dividends. Then again, CB/ZN have to grow pretty fast because this is a pressure cooker environment.

15. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I do not think LYB will split CY/FHF even for Thomas Cup even when they meet Denmark. CY/FHF Vs Lars/Jonas is 50 : 50. Splitting the pair is not a guarantee that they can win against the Dane.

All China had to do when they meet Denmark is for LD to win against PG. Though he lost in Swiss Open, overall LD had a very good record against PG.

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

LP/JR has to show back their AE form. Staying in top form at 34 years old is no easy feat... ;) Good luck to these two uncles, they need it. I noticed that Malaysia, Denmark face a somewhat big trouble to obtain a third point and their first two is not even close to being assured, while I can see INA taking points from 1st doubles and 2nd and 3rd singles, although it is also far from being assured, which is why I rank INA as No.2. Or perhaps I overrate Simon Santoso and Sony ;)

17. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Malaysia to try to win... thats all i can say

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i was really surprised that no one voted for Korea, yet!

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

vote

Can I change my vote ? Or vote twice ?

I want to vote for Indonesia instead of China. :eek:

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

They are relying on their doubles pair to clinch 2 points for the team:cool: