China coach - unfair Tactic?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by virusvoodoo, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

You guys have never failed to amaze me with your double standard and ultra sensitivity. LCW lost the game to BCL fair and square, he only has himself to blame for that. Sure LYB yelled at him during the match -- so did many many fans, don't tell me that you Malaysian fans never yell aggressivly at the Chinese players when they play in Malaysia. The whole point of spectator sports is that the spectators can participate by yelling and shouting to encourage their players and intimate the competition, as long as they do it within reasonable limits, there is nothing wrong with that. LYB yelled at LCW during his game for the same reason and he was perfectly within the rules of the badminton to do so. It's up to the players to block out the external noise and concentrate on the game. If they cannot do this, they may as well just quite the sports altogether. Who's more pathetic? Spectators who yell at the players, or the players who cannot take the yelling when they know perfectly well that the yelling cannot do anything to them?

You didn't call our players village champions? Well, that's probably because our players have been winning tournaments outside their countries ever since they started playing this sport, and it would make you look foolish to call them village champions.

If you don't want to be fair with us, don't expect us to be fair with you. Almost everyone on this thread has been bashing LYB for something he hasn't done. You call this being fair?

2. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

I've never been to Malaysia, but I did do a project with a Malaysian Chinese and I play badminton with them every week in my club, so yes, I think I'm being fair when I describe my own personal experience.

3. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

Who the hell are you to lecture me on manners? There has been 14 pages of solid LYB bashing, and you think I'm being rude? Don't expect me to repsect you when you show no respect to me.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Well, by THAT u assume the whole nation of Malaysia chinese cant speak well in chinese. That is funny :D

5. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

Accusing people for doing something bad is an insult. You don't know for sure what LYB did or didn't, but you just feel like jumping into the negative conclusion.

The anti-Chinese bias has been going on ever since the MO. To be honest, all LD did was refusing to wear a hat which seemed to represent the national pride of Malaysia -- well, he's only human and he was clearly pissed off with himself because of his poor performance, and he most likely didn't know anything about the significance of the hat in the first place. If anything, I wouldn't have taken as much offense if LCW decided to throw away his hat in the HK open -- that'd be rude, but not such a big deal. What LD did in MO was not right, and he's apologized for it, that should be the end of it.

How about you let me be the judge of it.

The "gentleman" part of the gentleman's sport is refering to the players, it's got nothing to do with the spectators. LYB is a basically spectator in the match, he cannot interfere with the opponents more than a someone fromt the stand.

6. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

Well, it's called "looking at a leapod from a tube", if you know what I mean. ;)

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Thread locked

Here's a simple equation:

Pointless debate + namecalling = thread locked.

QED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.