China coach - unfair Tactic?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by virusvoodoo, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terry

terry Regular Member

But why LiMao didn't help LCW on this?

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I dont think LCW's mental distracted by LYB's comments. Mainly he is affected by 2 bad line calls during the crucial final points during the match, this is costly...

3. jumpjump

jumpjump Regular Member

maybe he didn't want to create mishaps/.

4. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    If LYB really say those words...He is making the china team disgrace...As a coach,he ought to be professional and shouldn't just thrown out whatever he wants to say..Maybe on his point,he think that this is nothing but actually it is serious...His words really can't accept by me..maybe others peoples feel that it is just nothing..Anyway,i do no whether he really say those words but i hope it is just a misunderstanding...Sports should be fair and just...

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    We are proud of you chong wei

So Lee Chong Wei lost and we all are mad and still mad! Li Yongbo is Li Yongbo and this not the first time we come to know him as "ass%&*^", both during his playing career to now so call "head coach".
    Stay calm, Chong Wei, the whole country is behind you and you didn't dissappoint us, just unfortunate the event turned out this way by the un-educated shameful rascal.

6. jumpjump

jumpjump Regular Member

then still he's not that strong yet. you just accept the fact that humans are the ones taking care of the line calls, meaning they can have mistakes, not to be distracted.

7. chilaverto

chilaverto Regular Member

That's right. and the comments by Chinese Coach are just reactions. When we watch soccer or any other sport competitions, I believe we would shout and scold too. These are just reactions. A loss is a Loss, Congrats to the victory side, but the defeated side shouldn't be giving excuses. Blame on yourself, not others. I believe if BCL was to be on LCW's shoes, those comments will not cost him anything.:cool:

8. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Is is already proven that LYB say those words???

9. jumpjump

jumpjump Regular Member

LCW is a very good player. just not his year.

10. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Thats physical action. Not psychological. Michael Jordan was one of the greatest trash talkers of all time. Seriously i don't see how Li Yong Bo saying 'I'm going to break your legs' could make a professional athlete lose. Thats almost pathetic. How are you expected to be number one in the world if someone can say I'm going to break your legs, or something obscene and you lose. Thats dumb.

Top athletes have to be able to rise over anything anyone says to perform at a top level regardless of whatever obscenities are uttered.

11. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Some times what we say are definitely easier that what we do...Just imagine if you are him, are you sure you will not bother even a little..We are all humans so we have feelings...It is hard to denied...

12. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Well then, we will have elwin81 as the witness then. He said Li Yong Bo shouted a couple of times 'shut up' during the match.

Here is his post in another thread:

ok guys, I think this is not the first time LYB did that to an umpire.

I am also extremely angry with what LYB did today. He is very rude to LCW during the match against BCL. LCW complain the bad line call to the judge and LYB was not happy with what LCW did. He shout at LCW from around 20 meters asking him to shut up. He did this several time during the match. Even after the match both LCW and LYB looking at each other fiercely. Both of them is so angry to each other at this time. Who do you think is right in this incident?

13. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    LYB is really low class..Sorry to say that...As i understand,coaches can't interfere the players when the competition is playing and the players are definitely has the right to complain to the judge if they are not happy...So...why LYB must asked him to shut up and in fact he is the one who should shut up...

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Badminton is no longer a gentlemen sport, sad to admit but is true. :crying:

15. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    LYb is in the wrong, how can he do this during the match? and worse, threatened to break lcw legs?
    .... i think the badminton federation should look into this

16. Malaysianfan

Well, if you read LCW's statment carefully, he didn't blame his loss entirely on that. He said that BCL played well yesterday.

Well, i think that the action of Li Yong Bo pointing fingers at LCW during and after the match was unreasonably.

17. jumpjump

jumpjump Regular Member

past is past. LCW was defeated. next year ehh...maybe he'll win, its in malaysia...hehe.{:

18. Malaysianfan

Well, this is not abt LCW's loss. It is abt Mr Li's attitude.

From new straits times:
    Chong Wei accused Yongbo of unsporting behaviour after the Chinese coach kept shouting to Chunlai to "break Chong Wei's leg."

Yongbo made the comments from the adjacent court's coaches' chair where Zhang Ning was playing England's Tracey Hallam and later repeated the calls from the stands.

"Due credit to Chunlai for playing extremely well. He played well and I can accept the loss. After all, winning and losing is part and parcel of sport," said Chong Wei.

"But what I cannot stand is the way Yongbo was shouting asking to break my legs. He did this in Hong Kong, he did this is in Macau.

"What kind of a chief coach is he? As the head coach, he should be more responsible. He also kept shouting asking me to shut up from the next court."

19. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

LCW's mental strength is not that strong ??? I think my mental strength, or in fact many in this thread, lack the mental strength to accept assault like this. If LYB did that to me, I probably give him a finger and refuse to play until he apologize personally and publicly to me. Giving excuses to accept this type of verbal harrassment is plainly WRONG and should be forced to stop.

20. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Thats right LCW, the whole country is behind you. Next time when you see LYB and his baby Lin again, just shout out loud to him ******** (ok, use your imagination, I censor it myself) :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.