China coach - unfair Tactic?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by virusvoodoo, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I am sure the Malaysian team will lodge an official complaint, but only if it is true. If not, the insinuations should stop. Perhaps this is one good opportunity to have the chief Chinese coach banned from any championships for 6 months, ala the same fate that awaits Taufik. But is it?

2. terry

terry Regular Member

SO we do have a witness here!. What Mr.LI did is very annoying. Yes, is true wat ants said...is all about winning but Mr.Li strategy is not right.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    gentlemen (and ladies),

we are discussing a sensitive issue here. while it is understandable some might get slightly emotional, i want to point out that we should also watch our own language. ironically i have to delete a few expletives here while we are criticizing LYB's.

so please be civil and watch what you say.

4. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

ok guys. As what kwun said, we should watch out what we say here, it is indeed very sensitive.

I will keep an eye on the chinese coach and see what they will do today. Have they got the right attitude or behaviour? I just want to tell the truth. Actually, some of the audiences were annoyed by the ´shouting´ of LYB.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

How did they react? Did they say anything to him or just look annoyed? Did you hear any comments yourself?

6. badmad

badmad Regular Member

i am not favoring anyone but going by the credentials, to belive LCW would be less problematic than not believing LYB. china has world class players and LYB should avoid these cheap tactics, be it in any form. It projects a bad impression about them.

maybe if I was in place of LCW, i'll grab LYB by his collar outside the stadium.. :p but again, i am not as humble as lcw... :rolleyes:

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

hehe, madbad followed by badmad. Coincidence??:p

8. badmad

badmad Regular Member

i too noticed it... good to know that there are many mads for bads... :D ... badrad is another guy who is around... his username also rhymes... :p

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hehe i think Taufik might do that if its him. Just joking only... peace :p

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Well, hang on here. Put two explosive characters like LYB and Taufik in the same ring and.... "Ladies and gentlemen, let's get ready to rrrruuumble...":p :p

11. sopho

sopho Regular Member

LeeCW Defeat

LCW play with too much pressure, thats a fact. his skill is much better than any malaysian all this year.
    But look at his performance, even if he pass BCL, i don't think he will beat Lin Dan. It is not easy to be a Champion.
    Hope his skill will march to a new level the next time he play.

LYB!!! he is a person with that kind of character since he was a player time. ( never like him ....and his team )

12. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Some of us are not trying to find an excuse for LCW's loss. Even LCW himself admits that Bao played some excellent badminton today. What bothers him and many of us here are the things that Li Yong Bo said. Based on what I've heard about him in the past, it sounds like something LYB would do. Yes we are taught to ignore these inflammatory comments but no matter how much we try, it does hurt us psychologically, a little or a lot.

Having someone like LYB as a head coach (who's supposed to be the role model for the Chinese players) it does not surprise me why some Chinese players like Lin Dan does not have any good sportmanships. Hopefully, Chen Jin and future Chinese youngsters will not act like them.

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, I'm Malaysian and you can accuse me of being biased, although I try not to be, but if it were LCW's words against LYB's, I tend to believe LCW. It's pretty strong accusation, LCW must have been very angry to blurt it out like that. Give him another hour to wind down, and perhaps he wouldn't have blurted it out to the reporter.

However, the bottom line is there is really nothing you can do about it. LCW will just have to grow up. It's part of life. This sort of things happen in many other fields and levels (although I wish we can limit these negative elements in badminton). You will just have to be as devious as your opponent. If LBY asks you to shut up, you shout even louder. If he says to break your leg, you jokingly jog around to show that your legs are just fine.

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Being of Chinese ethnicity, I also support the Chinese players (after the Malaysian team, of course) but I really can't stand Li Yongbo.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    elwin, maybe you can tell LYB to shut up when he starts to get excited!!

On the other hand, Would LYB say 'break leg' to a non-chinese speaking player? Please try to listen carefully.

16. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Dont think Lee Hyun Il can understand that :D .

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:cool: Agree with you. Would probably make me play better even. Someone like Gade wouldn't be affected for sure. Only reason it could have an effect is when there's some muscle behind it and they've paid a visit to the dressing room or something.

Also agree that if he was saying it to BCL it was meant as a figure of speech telling him to wear him down, make him move alot. Just like breaking his spirit ;) . But telling to shut up after winning a point is classless, just like a little boy that can't stand loosing.

And finaly: I wonder how someone can literaly break someones leg in boxing; below the belt you know ;)

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Gade wont be able to understand what is he talking :rolleyes:

19. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    Li yongbo could not say that,I think LCW hear the ambiguous words,he is too tensional then.

20. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    the China coach Li Yong Bo, is shouting to Bao Chunlai saying break Lee Chong Wei's legs well i dont know how, but that is way too much for the chinese, so what if they are champions
    now only that, one of the chinese fans shouted out from the crowd "stop talking" to LCW, when LCW was interviewed, LCW was angry over the match

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.