China Master 2007 - July 11 - 1st Round

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by jasonmarc, Jul 10, 2007.

1. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Why? Why would you said that Lin Dan or Bao Chunlai can win and not the others? Hope you won't get mad when i ask you like this...:D:D:D

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Same I can ask you, why would you have to say others, instead of LD or BCL? :cool:

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LYB was very furious with the 2 Chens today. With the exception of Chen Hong who was not the offical China Team.

4. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    I say like this because other player also have the chance to win it...
    I just asking and i don't have hard feeling towards the chinese players... I'm sorry if i might hurt someone's feeling.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Mostly, I agree with you assessment but I would not call Wang Lin beating Meulendjks a not-so-surprising upset. WL is the defending WS champ and all CHN WS players are world class, capable of challenging/beating the best from the rest of the world. WL beat out, I think XXF and ZN in last year CHN Open.

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats right but since then Wang LIn's performance is down..LYB gives more flying time to Jiang, Zhu Lin and Lu Lan, ....tough to repeat her winning this time...

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Last year is last year. Based on form alone I would consider this a mild upset. Have you been following Wang Lin's recent form? It's been inconsitent at best, falling to several times to lesser opponents. Of all China's up and comers, she's slipped the most.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, wang lin beat zhang ning and xxf like a walk in the park style in 2006 china master. I even thot she would be an 08 olympic finalist back in 2006. I hope she regain her form.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW baddy career has been almost pronounced 'dead' prior to the IO07 Open and Sudirman and since then he has been praised one of the greatest and strong contender for WC07 and CO07. WL, I agree has been down in her play this year, but she certainly has the ability of playing big and ...in fact all CHN WS players are excellent players and tough to play against. Like LCW down and resurrected again, what to say if WL cannot rebound. With so many CHN players out so early, the law of probability, I am thinking out loud that WL would do well in the tourney...next we will know.:p

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big supporter of Wang Lin's. I love the way she plays. I would like nothing more than to see her do a LCW and rebound big time. However based on what I've been observing lately, I think she still has a ways to go. Let's just say at least she's on the up again.:)

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    When LCW was down, he was never out of the top 10 (or maybe even top 5, not sure) of the world rankings. He never had to go through the qualifying rounds. Wang Lin had trouble making the main draw. It's a different kind of down.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer

13. indra

indra Regular Member

Final will be

Taufik vs Sony = Taufik...because it is an international match....If it is a domestic match...then Sonny will win....

WIth CH out, the road to the final round is smoother now....WCH is a good player but not as dangerous as CH....WCH's style of play will not pose significant threat to SOnny.....

Then Sonny will play either SImon or KJ...I guess Sony will have no problem playing against either Simon or KJ....

Then...in the Semi Final, SOny will meet Bonsaak...I guess this match will be very intersting...but Bonsak will have been very tired by then.....

And Final will be Sonny vs Taufik....:D

14. indra

indra Regular Member

I am not surprised at all....Chinese players usually don't perform well in front of their own crowd.....

15. indra

indra Regular Member

Crying over spilled milk:D

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Sound like MAS players in Malaysian Open, and INA players in Indonesian Open ......

A case of overconfidence, or is it crowd pressure?

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Today I think the wins will come from LCW and WCH for Malaysia. WCH is on a roll. He will beat Sony...his confidence is at an all-time high after last night's win against Chen Hong. Sony is unlucky to meet him this early !

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm afraid WCH's brilliant win against CH yesterday would have taken a physical toll on him as his rate of recovery is understandably slower than the younger Sony. I'd say it will be an uphill task for WCH. But nothing is for sure as he has already done the almost impossible against CH. :D

19. indra

indra Regular Member

What!!! Sony unlucky...He is personally very very happy to play WCH....
    If WCH can defeat Sony today...I will send you my photo to your address:D with my autograph

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's only R2, not final,so WCH should still be fresh.Anyway Sony lacks Vit. S like all INA players . All WCH needs to do is make him run around like RS did in SO07.