CHINA Masters SS 2012 (11th-16th September) - Comment on Matches

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Masters 2012' started by CLELY, Sep 10, 2012.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I don't think it was impatience, Sindhu did the right thing in the last two rallies - taking the attacking initiative. Like Lin Dan during tight 3 game scorelines.

Only difference is the experience and execution.

2. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    tight match. but jyj definitely deserve to win though she had some mistakes as well. good game.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Doesn't that mean pretty Ashiwini Ponappa is forced to follow suit?

4. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Sindhu almost proved me wrong... WOW! I am surprised the she sustained the whole match with such frail body.... In fact she did prove me wrong regarding my fitness and stamina remark about her.... but she certainly lacked the power in her legs and most importantly experience... With this close match today she instilled some confidence in Indian badminton that she wont be a flash in the pan and she's here to stay...

On the other hand Jiang won today purely on her vast experience.... Jiang was as expected sweeped past the first game but was thoroughly outplayed in the second where as third was a much closer affair. I am glad Jiang won.

I thought Sindhu will win the match until she made a silly mistake where couldnt put away a sitter when Jiang was completely out of balance.

Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the game especially the second and third games which were very entertaining. This match gave me a glimpse of bright future of Indian women single's badminton.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You may well be right, Lin Dan's a hard act to follow. But I should have thought going for rallies would have given Sindhu better chances at winning the last two points seeing how worn out Jiang was - just my humble opinion, you're the expert.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yup, Sindhu does need more leg power - she is slow on the turn going backwards. If she could just move faster, she could play ala Tine Rasmussen to fire deep attacking clears from the back with deceptional shoulder turn.

Mistake at the net - even experienced players make those. It is more about over-eagerness.

In the end, JYJ relied of her safe game to take her through at the tail end of the match.

7. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I would have loved to see how she tackled Yihan Wang. Will have to wait for some time. If she keeps herself injury free, she will be a major force to reckon with in next couple of years.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Only recently came to know that Hu Yun is already past 30, surprisingly; only goes to show experience and maturity do contribute in no small measure to a player's rise, so to speak.

9. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    will have to watch out how sindhu fairs in japan open ss. there will be huge burden of expectations on her in the absence of saina. she showed here that she's ready to move to the next level, just needs to be polished a little and improve her strength. Glad that she has gopichand as her coach. this is just the begining and this experience will help out in the big league.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sindhu has the height and reach plus youthful vitality and exuberance. Add to that a dedicated, capable coach in Gopichand, I believe she will soon shine and even outperform her better-known senior, Saina. Just a bit concern that she doesn't let the Indian media affect her too much, crafting an image of her for their own purpose and interest, and influencing her moods for better or worse.

11. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Even though P V Sindhu lost to JYJ 10-21, 21-14, 19-21 in the SF match of the LN China Masters 2012, the commentator Gill Clark said that Sindhu is already a star who is capable of taking on the big guns and wins.
    PVS's time has really come and so the Chinese have to be wary of this new Indian star.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Notice that Sapsiree is playing both Singles and Doubles. Not a good idea if she wants to do well in either. I thought Thailand has enough female players with potential not to have to resort to that.

Overall the Thai cohort is very respectable and proving a force to be reckoned with. The MD Issara/Jongjit is coming up nicely though not quite there yet. Their XD (apart from Sudket/Saralee) and WD have much to catch up but the MS is lagging behind the most, still no-one in sight to step up to the plate once Boonsak retires.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just switched my TV to another sports channel, showing the ITTF (table-tennis) world tour Czech Open. What I want to say is the female commentator sounded so much like Gillian Clark, not just her tone of voice but her manner of speaking. Could it really be her, the resemblance is just too much to ignore?

14. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

I sooo hope that she doesnt let the Indian media get to her..... Unfortunately even Sindhu lacks the capability of putting the point across eloquently..... I hope she learns this art in due time.... She should realise respect for an opponent is of prime importance when doing a post match press conference. This art is important as it can make or break a sportperson's image.

15. topseed

topseed Regular Member

Self made
    Seems like India's campaign ends today :D

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thai MD Issara/Jongjit just managed to force a rubber in G2, 21-19, after losing G1, 18-21, to the JPN top seed Endo/Hayakawa.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unfortunately,the Thai pair lost it being outplayed in the rubber, 21-11.

Whereas Sapsiree is off to a good start vs Wang YH, was 5-1, now 7-3 up.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Once again, Wang YH demonstrating what a fighter she is, trailing early on only to run away with G1, 21-13.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, Wang YH stamps her class in G2, romping home 21-9 for a crushing victory. Hard to entertain any thought Jiang YJ could end her own title drought tomorrow, a tall order indeed. Wang is well rested,has a point to prove and is in fiery form so far, simply unstoppable.

However, surprisingly,their head-to-head is only 7-5 in Wang's favour and,if I remember correctly,their previous encounter was in China where Jiang emerged the winner. Even so, I doubt Jiang is in a position to upset Wang tomorrow.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For me, of the four titles you listed, only the Olympics and the Asian Games, which to me is equivalent to the world championship for practically 8 out of the top 10 players,at least the first 6 presently, are from Asia, matter more than the other two which shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. So basically she just needs to garner the first two mentioned titles to complete the Grand Slam, if that's what you mean.

The Asian Games is next year so quite achievable while the quadrennial Olympics, we'll have to wait and see but I'm willing to jump ahead and say she will be a prime contender.

#200 Justin L, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012