China Super Series 2007 - Day 5 (Nov 24) - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by leonardklh, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    my predictions:

after the controversy and explosion in the Quarterfinals, the Semifinals are expected to be a more subdued encounter.

Bao Chunlai vs. Park Sung Hwan
    Bao is fresh from yesterday's expected walkover from compatriot Chen Hong. While I will not delve in discussing that action, that walkover will ensure that many badminton fans around the world will be heavily supporting Park. Although in normal circumstances, I would support Bao, in this case, I am afraid that I too, hope that Park will win. In terms of technicalities, Bao is superior both stamina-wise and skill-wise. We just have to hope that Bao will display on of his mentally weak performances and Park would draw his confidence from killing several giants en route to his position today. However, it will be hard with all the

Lee Chong Wei vs. Chen Jin
    A rematch of the semifinals of the French Open, but this time, with Chen Jin injury free yesterday. After the explosive words exchanged between him and Peter Gade yesterday, Chen will be eager to make it to the finals of China Open to redeem for the lost of Lin Dan. The hot favorite of this game is obviously Lee, who has been in scintillating form the past week. Ultimately, I think Lee will win this game in 2 sets.

Zhang Ning vs. Wong Mew Choo
    Coming from a confidence high, Wong will be eager to break another record, this time, Zhang's unbeaten record against Wong. Zhang will be anything but an easy opponent, and Wong will find this extremely hard to do. Zhang, although relatively quite old, still has enough in her to fend of the attack of Wong. Zhang in 2 tight sets.

full article: The Badminton Blog - Predictions, Semifinal of China Open

2. night

night Regular Member

Yeahh!!! Like the TV series 'Numbers'... :D:D

3. Andi Sumantri

Andi Sumantri Regular Member

Just wait the interesting match. Lee C W vs Chen Jin. Tomorrow Chen Jin vs Park S H or Lee C W vs Park SH. Another match is boring for me. I have many tape of recording of them all.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Anyone wants to see a BCL in finals yet AGAIN? Certainly not me.

5. kimchipride

kimchipride Regular Member

Student (High School Sophomore)
    What does it mean to have a "walkover?"

When are the matches starting tomorrow Pacific Time?

6. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

hope all malaysian players will reach to final tomorrow
    MALAYSIA PASTI BOLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    wong mew choo rockSSs!!! wong mew choo!! i know you can do it to beat zhang ning!! sure no problem!!

8. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    is there such website? hehe, i would like to know:p

9. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    walkover means player/s concede/s the match to the his/her/their opponent/s, and they are supposed to cite valid reason/s i.e. injury, extreme fatigue as to why he/she/they is/are forfeiting the match. sadly, this reasoning doesn't seem to work in this sport of badminton. sigh....:D

10. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    as far as i know, i may be wrong, WMC was able to win her matches without much controversies regarding bad line calls/bad umpiring... except for one bad call during her match against Zhu Lin yesterday. even that may not be the fault of the line judge, just maybe WMC was so into the match and the scores were close in their first set. any normal human being may think the line call was against him/her especially when the shuttle was so close to the line. but WMC was able to survive unscathed... thats wat makes her true champion:D

11. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Still no match order yet... Can't wait.. As i need to go out.. So i can come back in time to support LCW match...

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Malaysians in action

Women's Singles
    WONG Mew Choo vs ZHANG Ning [2] - Mew Choo has been impressive by beating 3 Chinese (2 from China and 1 ex-China) en route to the semi-final. Mew Choo has beaten all the top women shuttlers from China except for Athens Olympic champion Zhang Ning, her semi-final opponent today. The unseeded has never beaten the 2nd seed in their last 7 meetings. The Chinese will be likely to continue her winning record against the Malaysian today.

Men's Singles
    LEE Chong Wei [2] vs CHEN Jin [4] - Chong Wei has to be careful this time not to be overconfident and underestimate Chen Jin. If the game is fair and both players play 100%, I still think that Chong Wei will prevail.

Men's Doubles
    CHOONG Tan Fook/LEE Wan Wah [6] vs XIE Zhongbo/GUO Zhendong- The outcome of the match will depend heavily on the service and line calls. Hopefully the Malaysians are mentally tough and not emotionally affected by all these eternal factors. If the game is fair, the veterans will have the upper hands but it will be a tough match.

13. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Basically, I think they adjust according to the LIVE telecast coverage, and which match to feature instead of clashing. If the organiser do not accomodate the sponsors and tv station, we can't watch the matches LIVE, dude.

14. block306

block306 Regular Member

#54 block306, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  15. lawcc

lawcc Regular Member

student
    bad luck non stop 4 CHN.

16. vching

vching Regular Member

Student

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Anybody knows the match schedule?

18. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

I am rooting for WMC to win over ZN. On paper, it looks almost impossible, but who is to say. She may just defy the odds and triumph over her opponent after losing uncountable heads on meeting with her. She looks a picture of confidence after demolishing ZL yesterday. Only if she believes in herself, she can do it. It's time for her maiden win over Zhang Ning, like she did over Zhu Lin. Her journey in CO is almost ridiculous, such a tough draw, CHN opponents all the way if you include PHY too (ex-CHN). She has come this far, I know she will not give in that easily for sure.

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

ZN will be bombarding her with all the deceptive slices and smashes. If WMC can defend well and frustrate ZN, she stands a chance.

20. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    agree with ur statement!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.