China Super Series 2007 - Day 6 (Nov 25) - Finals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    XD
    Sudket/Saralee[THA] VS Nova/Liliyana[INA]
    The Thai pair has yet to win any major title, had come close few times but failed. However, I notice Sudket is playing with mission and urgency against the Chinese and I hope Thai pair can keep the intensity. Is a 50-50 ball and I pick Thai to win.

WS
    Xingfang XIE[CHN] VS Mew Choo WONG[MAS]
    Non-Malaysian fan has discounted Mew Cho from round 1 against Zhu Jingjing and now she is in the final against Xie Xingfang. It depends on how the games goes, if Xie engage into long rally then Mew Cho has decent chance to win! Don't under-estimate the importance of stamina and running ability can bring in badminton, though not fancy, not spectacular, not in ESPN high lite reel but most effective! Mew Cho boleh.

MS
    Chunlai BAO[CHN] VS Chong Wei LEE[MAS]
    Chunlai torn Park in pieces with his variety of strokes, acute smashes and netplay, you name it and Bao has it. As much as I love Chong Wei, I think this is most probably the hardest test of his career as Bao still has a fresher body. If Bao able to play like yesterday then he shall win else he will again be "the second best". Bao win 2 sets.

WD
    Jing DU/Yang YU VS Ling GAO/Tingting ZHAO[CHN]
    Unless Li Yongbo interfere, Gao/Zhoa shall win.

MD
    Zhendong GUO/Zhongbo XIE[CHN] VS Markis/Hendra[INA]
    Now that XD is out of his way, Xie can go all out with his attack, however, this Chinese is not as balance as the Indonesians so I expect to be a one-sided match. To play against Kido/Setiawan, you need to have very fast flat attack/push so Kido doesn't have time to set his devastating smashes.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    XD and MD, I concur with your take. Bao is fresher and he played one of the best baddy I have seen him played, very confident and I share your take he might win. I go with XXF to win over WMC. LYB would not interfere, isn't Gao/Zhao new combination and needs OLY qualifying points, they would win;)

3. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

LoL
    indra ur such a character!!
    i support both Indonesians too!:):)

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yeah, I brought this up once before but nothing seems to have changed. It's always a "wish" rather than a "prediction". I even tried to give some of my PAW points away to elicit realistic predictions but Sandy vetoed my idea. Gets annoying but it shows who the thinkers and who the followers are. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

What did you expect? He was playing against someone in diapers. How often do you come up against that? :D:D:D

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

My takes for the final:

XD
    Sudket/Saralee[THA] VS Nova/Liliyana[INA]
    For me this is a toss up. The Thais were really impressive in the semis and made the CHN pair look like rookies. Sudket was flying all over the place and seemed really inspired. Nova/Butet handled the Emms/Robertson with more ease than I expected, never letting them get ahead. Seems like they have got their confidence back. Their earlier win against Flandy/Vita was a big factor too. It's time for the Thais to claim victory.

WS
    Xingfang XIE[CHN] VS Mew Choo WONG[MAS]
    Who knows what WMC is going to conjure up tonight. She has pulled off upset after upset and is in a supremely confident mood. Against XXF, she will have to work doubly hard as the long and lean Xie can get to virtually everything. The two keys are 1) what form will XXF be in? She's been known to turn on and off. 2) Can WMC duplicate her incredibly sharp net play? I've rarely seen ZN dominated at the net like that. WMC will as always give her 100% but ultimately, it'll be XXF that dictates the outcome.

MS
    Chunlai BAO[CHN] VS Chong Wei LEE[MAS]
    BCL was awesome yesterday, putting Park to the sword with ease. He was able to read Park's shots and put away his own smashes with authority. Park's lack of offence also made it easy for Bao. LCW, on the other hand, had his hands full with CJ, and rightly so. CJ was on the attack most of the match, forcing LCW to dive left and right to retrieve his smashes. LCW, who appears to be still bothered by his knee injury, was restricted to playing an "old school" game. This is where the difference between LCW and PSH comes in. While both adopted defensive stances, LCW is infinitely more astute tactically and can turn on his lethal offence. The key will be who out-thinks who. Will Bao be able to handle the variety LCW throws at him? Bao will be pumped with the home crowd roaring behind him but his record against LCW is poor and there must be a reason for that.

WD
    Jing DU/Yang YU VS Ling GAO/Tingting ZHAO[CHN]
    This young pair certainly has a bright future. I only predict a win for them if team orders are put aside. Otherwise, it'll be the other way around. In either case, it's the least attractive tie of the evening.

MD
    Zhendong GUO/Zhongbo XIE[CHN] VS Markis/Hendra[INA]
    Xie looked out of sorts in the XD semis but came back with a vengeance in the MD semis. Hi and Guo really put the boots to the old folks from MAS. Their smashing was relentless and deadly. In Markis/Hendra, they have an opponent with both power and touch and this will be the main difference between them. If the INA pair can control rallies and keep the CHN duo one dimensional, I'm certain the outcome will favour The Indonesians.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Han, what you didn't take into account in your analysis is that LCW is no PSH. Park let Bao dominate him with a strangely passive approach. LCW will not let this happen. Yes, Bao did look impressive and I do expect a very close match. In the end I think LCW has that X-factor that will give him the edge.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Very well broken down. Many excellent points:) See my predictions above for some additional analysis on this match

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

PSH is kind of a passive style. However he has trouble moving the very tall BCL around, and his defence is not good enough. LCW is different. Also he seems to read opponents' minds much better recently.

I agree with you that BCL beating PSH easily doesn't imply much about how his game against LCW will go. CJ looked formidable when beating PG, but he was easily moved around the court by LCW and could not find a way to break himself free.

That said, if LCW is not "hiding" anything yesterday (which means he is tired or injured), I think BCL has slight edge. It's extremely hard to beat BCL using mainly defence.

10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Bao made some changes on his game after much complain that his game is lack of initiative and too defensive.. His game is much more aggressive between the PSH.. But i still think that LCW will wins over Bao. Another exciting Final to watch....
    P/S: LCW defense is really tight like "a drop of water also cannot pass through"

11. super__gao

super__gao Regular Member

i agree, nobody should underestimate the importance of stamina and running ability, however, you need to remember that WMC has had two matches where they went to three games. whereas all of XXF's matches have been finished in 2 and nobody getting more than 15 points on her.
    i'm willing to bet that this is going to affect WMC's game.
    it's going to be an interesting match i think.

MS.
    last time i saw them play was in france and denmark. in france LCW destroyed Bao but in denmark Bao won in 3 games. if i were LCW i wouldn't be too cocky about playing Bao, last him he did this was at WC06 and you all know what happened there.
    i saw it's a toss up between the 2

MXD.
    thai's are good. no doubt. they also took out the top two chinese MXD teams and AC/DK so they are the team to look out for. haven't seen either thai or indo team play in a little while. thai's proved they could play well under pressure. i'd give the edge to the Thai's 55:45 but again, anything could happen

MD
    again a toss up. GXD/XZB are playing out of their skins right now. XZB making it to the semifinals and finals of 2 events should be applauded. he has played well through out the tournament. fatigue could be a factor for him. the indo pair are world champion and china open defending champion so they've got a good shot as well. last time they played was denmark, although the chinese lost it went the full distance and was an amazing match. again anther toss up

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Certainly Chong Wei has more arsenal than Park but I don't think Chong Wei attacking is good enough to kill Bao, it has to be long rally plus deceptive shots in order to get the job done and that requires tons of tons of energy which I think Chong Wei will not have enough if it go into rubber. Of course, Chong Wei can also easily beat Bao if Bao being Bao again like in the past Final.
    I really want to see great games like yesterday, regardless the outcomes out, both Chen Jin and Chong Wei held his head high and be proud of their performances.
    You know me, I pick Bao but my heart is with Chong Wei.

13. Andi Sumantri

Andi Sumantri Regular Member

Four title for NUSANTARA......

14. kimchipride

kimchipride Regular Member

Student (High School Sophomore)
    Go Park Sun Hwang!:eek:

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Sorry no such player featuring in today's final :(

16. Tunococ

Tunococ Regular Member

Can I suggest you can post in other languages, but please translate into English in backets. This, not only everbody can understand your postings, also a good opportunity for us to learn other's language in BC

17. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

my prediction

MS: Bao Chun Lai vs Lee Choong Wei,

I put LCW a 55:45 edge as he Has performed so well so far even though has been forced to play 2 consecutive rubber matches with Sony and Chen JIn..Bao is having a big opportunity to take vengeance from his lost in French open and prove he can be a champ in front of his public, but beating LCW never been so easy even for his world no.1 compatriot LD, and gifted genius TH(my president :D). LCW performs so consistent so far, that's why I think he'll win this China SS MS title, tight straight set for LCW.

WS: Xie Xinfang vs Wong Mew Choo,

Of course, this final would be a huge chance for WMC to achieve her first SS title, but I do believe, Xie Xingfang will win it based on her experiences, consistency, and tough mentality under pressure, an edge for XXF, straight set

WD: Du Jing/Yu Yang vs Gao Ling/ Zhao Ting Ting

I do like Gao Ling, she's definitely a very valuable player for CHN, able to be paired with everyone both in WD or XD, awesome skilled, and experienced, but I don't think she'll reach her champ with Zhao Ting Ting, Du Jing/Yu Yang is more prominent pair in term of team work and collectivity although they're younger, but it doesn't mean that They are lack of experiences..Du JIng/Yu Yang edge in tough straight set

MD: Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Guo Zhengdong/Xie Xhongbo

It's time for the world champ to prove they're the men, and do once again beating all the crowd and defend their title, XXB/GZD is not bad pair at all..but with Kido deadly smash and Hendra unpredictable soft placing (if they're in their form), I predict the world champ will prevail in rubber set.

XD: Sudket P/Saralee T vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir

Another test for another world champ, It would be really tough for Nova/ Butet as they were lost from this Thai pair in previous danish open..this Thai pair has proved that They able to beat any XD pair, and they're really dangerous pair right now..I would say 50:50! unless Nova/Butet play with performance they've shown in world championship when they beat Gao Ling/Zheng Bo, then they'll have the edge to win this SS, otherwise The Thai will win it..but I'd go into rubber set prediction for this match rather than who'll be the winner, LOL :p:D:D, of course I'll be happy to see Nova/Butet lift up the crown of China SS :cool::p:rolleyes::D

my support for Indonesian players play in China SS final:
    INDONESIA BISA, INDONESIA JAYA!! AYO INDONESIA!! :mad::cool::D:D

18. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

i ll support Indonesia pairs .... gogo indonesia...
    indonesia 2 mas 2 china 2 ....fair enough

19. well-son

well-son Regular Member

fair enough, but it is impossible to happen.
    2+2+2=6 titles?:confused::rolleyes::D

20. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Should be the 4th. LCW treasured his Japan SS win a lot. If he makes it, it will equal LD's record of 4 SS wins thus far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.