Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

She has a power smash which any of the curent chinese womens singles players don't have and she won her first grand prix gold title when she was 18. I think she doesn't know when and where to use her power smash. She also makes lot of silly mistakes

2. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Chinese mens doubles in a serious problem. Han chengdkai,he jiting,huang kaixiang need new partners. Their ablities are being wasted by current partnerships.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cai Yanyan is still only 19 years old and in the second year of her professional career. I think she impressed Xia Xuanze enough last year to be selected for the Asian Team Championships in place of Li Xuerui.

Admittedly, she hasn't been making steady progress since capturing two titles last year, the Aussie Open WTS300 and the SaarLorLux WTS100, apart from her maiden senior title, the Macau Open in 2017. I supposed we have to give her a bit more time to raise her game another level and achieve a breakout performance. For now, she is outpaced by her peer,Han Yue, also 19 years old , who despite winning only one title, the Syed Modi IND Open WTS300 in 2018, is higher ranked at WR13.

Even Chen Yufei when she was 19 only has one title to her name, the Macau Open 2016, none in 2017, and achieved her breakthrough tournament in 2018 (age 20) clinching the Fuzhou China Open WTS750.

Personally,I'm hoping to see Han Yue, Cai Yanyan and Chen Xiaoxin make a breakthrough each by end of the year or latest next year. At the moment, CHN WS is being led by Chen Yufei , the only one who poses a serious threat to the top few whilst He Bingjiao, WS2, is without a title win since capturing two Superseries and one GPG titles in 2016,her best year. At the just-concluded MAS Open WTS750 event, CHN reaped four titles, missing only the WS which is unrepresented in the finals.

I'm sure Xia Xuanze is anxious to see a couple of CHN WS join Chen Yufei as soon as possible to reinforce their fight for supremacy in the World Championships, the Olympic Games,and the Team Championships, as that is his KPI (Key Performace Indicator) as Singles Head Coach and Deputy President of CBA, I believe.

4. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I think Chen Xiaoxin and Cai Yanyan are going through an adjustment to their game which may explain the many errors they are suddenly making. Thus causing me to think they are not talented enough. I agree they have potential and if my guess is correct hopefully they can turn around soon.
    I say this because I am amazed how the coaches have turned around a" wooden" player like Huang Yuxiang and I believe this is what these two WS players are being made to learn. I also think Lu Guangzu is going through the same adjustment process. If I am correct they will be showing improvement soon. In fact CXX has already got better suddenly and LGZ having played three tournaments really badly suddenly overcame Tommy Sugiarto and even took a game off Victor Axelsen

5. antssantss

Retired
    Li Xuerei played very well against Sayaka Takahashi, winning iin two sets. She is a naturally deceptive player. ST is not an easy opponent for anybody. If only LXR can be fitter and therefore faster she would be formidable.

Justin L likes this.
  6. antssantss

Retired
    Surprising discovery in the Ciputra Hanoi Vietnam International. China has two WD playing later this evening. They are Xu Wei partnering Yang Manlin and Wei Yawen with Wu Qianqian. Two 21 year olds paired with two more senior at 25 and 26 years. They have strong opponents and I wont be surprised if they fail to advance.

7. antssantss

Retired
    If Han Yue is the hope and future of Chinas WS, I am sorry to tell you there is no hope. She is a newer version of Sun Yu. If you saw the match against Ratchanok you can see that she has no clue how to win points. Ratchanok is always there to punish her returns because she has no variety or deception. Whenever she tries to vary her game she makes a silly mistake. Its pathetic and pitiful even. She needs to learn how to delay her shots so that the opponent doesn't know where she is returning the shuttle. She also has no anticipation of the returns from her opponent. Look at the Japanese women, they are there at every shot you return.

8. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I don't think so. Sun yu is slower on the court but han yue is a runner. She need more power in her smashes

9. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

No one in CHN camp is good enough for you, you criticise everyone. No instant results remember?
    Han Yue just started to play on senior circuit for a year or so, don't compare it with RI or AY who started at very young age.
    Just give these young players more time to prove themselves.

Baddie lover likes this.
  10. antssantss

Retired
    Talent, thats the reason why RI and AY started early. HY is a runner she is not a player who thinks during the game. She just hits the shuttle the same way and the same speed such that RI was waiting for her return and knew where it was coming. She is so readable. I have hopes for Wei Yaxin and even Cai Yanyan and Chen Xiaoxin as they have firepower. But as far as HY I am afraid I would be very happy if I am proven wrong.
    Yes i am afraid I am very critical. But I have hopes for the junior MS.

11. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

More like in their countries not much internal competition easier for th to get sent for, to have experience playing against players from other nations. As for in China lots players to compete with, no chance for juniors to play abroad.. Lucky those times over, thank to Zhang Jun :)

Han Yue and other young WS still have room for improvement. Let just wait and see. Oh yeah Wang Yihan isn't a great talent too still shes able to achieve a lot. Talents not everything, Taufik H is a true talent but he was lazy no self discipline, his achievement is small potatoes compared to LDs.

antssantss likes this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Han Yue didn't play well today compared with her previous encounter with the same opponent, Intanon Ratchanok, at the IND Open then. In fact , against Nichaon Jindapol yesterday, she wasn't that convincing in victory either.

I suspect Han Yue is feeling jaded. She's been playing a lot lately, for a 19-year-old about one-and-a-half year into her pro career, she's not used to it and it may be a bit too much for her. But, I'd say that's what is needed if she is to improve her game and gain the much-needed experience in the shortest possible time.

For a young, developing player to have such ups and downs, it's quite normal what's she's going through.

antssantss likes this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Han Yue played too monoton against the gifted Ratchanok Intanok, yes she's a good runner to retrieve all the shuttlecock but still have no real weapon how to stop the rally with precise shots.

antssantss likes this.
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

In Wang Yihan (born 1988) case, the current competitors (Tai TY, Intanon, Okuhara, Yamaguchi, Sindhu, Marin) were still in their early career. What happened in 2015-2016 when Li XR, Wang YH, Wang SX still exist? China started to declining trend in women's singles discipline. Chen Yufei and He Bingjiao face tougher task to overcome more established opponents than trio Wang + Li Xuerui good days.

Agree, still prematurely to talk about Han Yue, Cai Yanyan and other China back-ups.

gelopisan and antssantss like this.
  15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

LD is the most talented player of all time in my humble opinion. His range of repertoire far exceeds Taufik's.

Taufik was a very sophisticated player with his style. Lin Dan is like a still tank.

16. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Yes both are very talented players. But to me Taufik is a true natural talent everything comes naturally to him, LD has improved his skills thru hard work, intensive training etc.
    Back then I didn't idolise him (LD) to me he was all about smash :D.

17. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

If cai yanyan can reduce her silly mistakes she can beat any player. She has a lethal smash. Chinese coaches should focus more on her and han yue.

Justin L likes this.
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And add Chen Xiaoxin's name to your list, I definitely will,

Yes, Cai Yanyan is just too error-prone, unsteady and unfocused,play too many loose shots,and has a weak defence. You defence must be strong enough so that you can safely go on the attack, and the only weapon she possesses is her killer smash which I sometimes feel she can sacrifice power for accuracy to get better placement and force the (weak) return she wants to finish it off.

I'm disappointed with her game today, and I fully agree with your comment, just not that sure she can beat any player , most, maybe,as she's still not experience and mature enough. Nevertheless, she has the advantage of youth at 19, time is in her side.

19. antssantss

Retired
    She is too weak, no leg strength, and loses at the front court when she is pulled in from the back. She has no defensive lobs and sends them half court allowing smashes from Sindhu. These are two main weak points in her game. She is also impatient and loses points from rushing to kill the shuttle. Lovely strong smashes but without stamina and strength it won't last the match.

#2339 antssantss, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

But, apparently, Cai Yanyan is in her coaches' good books ,they think she has good potential; otherwise, she wouldn't be selected in place of Li Xuerui in last year's Asian Team Championships and also chosen as one of the four CHN WS for the upcoming BAC together with Chen Yufei, He Bingjiao and Han Yue. I'm a bit surprised Chen Xiaoxin wasn't in the list(perhaps, some slight injury problem bothering her lately ?).

Maybe, CYY impresses the coaches during training but, as Cai Yun used to say, your tournament performance is what you really are. Anyway, she's still young at 19, born 15 Nov '99, same age as Han Yue, born 18 Nov '99, and in the formative stage of her game. Let's hope she starts to tie up her loose ends and play to her strengths, the sooner the better.

antssantss likes this.