Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Well done Bai Yu Peng. I was about to write him off when he was behind by 4 points in the third quarter of the rubber set. But he kept his cool and as Kajla Bairaj began to fade after trying very hard, BYP managed to win 21-15. His next opponent is Rahul Yadav Chitiboina. All indian opponents are tough to beat as they are strong attacking players. All the best to him.

2. antssantss

Retired
    Poor Bai Yu Peng. This is the 4th 3 setter he has been playing. I only hope he has benefited from the experience. Now the going will be tough as its the round of 16.Both the MS have qualified . All the best to them.

#2542 antssantss, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. antssantss

Retired
    Another 3 setter for Bai Yu Peng, but a great win against the 8th seed Firman Abdul Kholik. FAK just won the Ciputra Vietnam challenge in April. Next he will be up against a formidable player with loads of experience, Iskandar Zulkarnian, who won the Russian Open last month. IZ is not seeded but is not a pushover even at 28 years old. It would be a feather in his cap if BYP can beat IZ . He has done better than his more illustrious junior Sun Feixiang who couldn't handle Sourabh Verma again and lost in 2 sets.

Justin L likes this.
  4. antssantss

Retired
    I have been able to watch the match between Bai YU Peng and Firman Abdul Kholik. He is certainly the better player. He has improved a lot. He is confident with his strokes and has a really strong smash which he uses sparingly.He played cleverly and used the net to prevent FAK unleashing his powerful smashes. He still has to improve on his defensive returns as he netted quite a few although he guessed the smashes correctly. He has a bad habit of turning around to his coach when he makes a mistake.He has to get out of that. Against Iskandar Zulkarnian he has to stop making these defensive mistakes as IZ won't make as many unforced errors as FAK.
    I remember BYP in the AJC 2 years ago. He played terribly and made so many mistakes.I use to wonder why he was still chosen to play. He was then learning the CL style of play.The coaches have worked very well on him. I can see he has nearly mastered this style of play and with his confidence, good footwork, anticipation, deception and strong smashes I think he is the most promising of the juniors. Sun Feixiang hasn't achieved the mastery that BYP has. It can be seen in the execution of BYP's strokes. What he needs is to be able to read his opponents strength and weaknesses during the match and adapt his game to it. IZ is a great test for him as he is a formidable opponent. Shi Yuqi went through a really gruelling match against IZ. He won because he believed in his skill and kept his calm.
    Best of luck and its not a shame to lose to IZ.

Justin L likes this.
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unfortunately, Bai Yupeng lacks consistency. After playing quite well in G2 against Iskandar with a good controlled game intersperse with suddenly injection of pace and few unforced errors, the same cannot be said in G3 where he simply lost his way , becoming unfocused and error-prone. But I do like the change in him, hope he continues to improve and do better in future as he's still only 19 years old.

6. antssantss

Retired
    Is there a recording we can see, Justin?

7. antssantss

Retired
    Another 3 setter for Bai Yu Peng . But this time he ended up losing.I would have been very surprised if he had beaten IZ. He is still not ready to move up another level.
    Zhang Yiman was quite pathetic. She had no patience and was mentally very weak. Don't think much of her future. Back to the drawing board ,I am afraid.
    On the other hand Thailand has another talented junior in P Chaiwan. She has a bright future for Thailand.

#2547 antssantss, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As it was on Ct 2, I watched it on Sportzone, not on youtube which only screened the TV Ct 1 matches as shown here

9. antssantss

Retired
    Thank you Justin.

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Anyone know the reason for li shifeng withdrawing from yonex akita masters??

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

He is participating National Youth Games 2019.

12. antssantss

Retired
    Any information about the participants in these games anyone?

13. antssantss

Retired
    Just seen the replay between Bai Yu Peng and Ihsan Maulana Mustofa. BYP's lifting is not deceptive and accurate resulting in errors. His second weakness is his net play. He is not confident in this area unlike Shi Yu Qi. He certainly has the confidence in his play but there are too many inaccuracies in his game. If he can emulate SYQ's game which has deception especially at the net area and very good lifts he will surely be a good player. He is nearly there.

14. antssantss

Retired
    Sadly, another promising junior Lin Chun Yi lost to Thammasin Sithikom, the no 1 seed in 3 games.

15. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Bai Yu Peng and Ji Shuting. They are in the quarterfinals of the Akita Masters. BYP has a tough task against Hashiru Shimono who took out the first seed Thammasin Sithikom and also Tanongsark SaensomBoonsuk. Ji Shuting will play P Chaiwan who is WR 50 higher than JS at 67. Tough matches, but a good showing for the juniors. BYP has to cut down his unforced errors if he wants to win tomorrow. best of luck to them.

16. antssantss

Retired
    Great news. A new batch of juniors have been entered for the Celcom Axiata Masters International beginning 20th August in Kuala Lumpur. Tan Ning who was a WS semi finalist at the AJC in July is taking part. There are two new 17 year old taking part. Wang Yi Fan and Wang Zheng Xing.
    Apart from TN another 17 year old, WS player is Zhuang Yi . Looking forward to their performances.

In addition the 2nd national team players , LSF, LHC,WHY, Lei Lan Xi and BYP are in the acceptance list for the Belarus International on 29th August. Lin Dan's name is also included. They must be on the way back from the WC in Switzerland. Looking forward to the matches.

Justin L likes this.
  17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A rarity for China registers players in low tier International Series (grade 3) category where the winner only earns 2,500 point.
    DRAW : http://circuit.badmintoneurope.com/Clubs/CommonDrive/Components/GetWWWFile.aspx?fileID=82182

19. antssantss

Retired
    I don't know whether Bai Yu Peng is being told to concentrate on technique because he doesn't play to win. After the second set he was in control and went 4 up against H. Shimono, who looked like he was going to lose. But BYP lost the next 7 points. At 4-0 he gave away 4 consecutive points at the front left side of the court. It looked as if he couldn't believe the first error and tried 3 more to see whether he could execute it. Of course a clever player like HS saw the weakness in his execution and sent the shuttle there and it was a gold mine!! Now the question is whether that attitude is in his DNA or he is trying to practice and not worry about winning. His DNA being lackadaisical and not smart enough to read his opponents game . I hope I am wrong. He already has the technique and just needs to execute them without making errors, even if its an ugly winning point!!

20. antssantss

Retired