Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Maybe we'll see Cai Yun as coach? :O

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I've seen FHF in the coaching chair but not CY.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Right now I think it's OK that Zhang Nan plays MD. His XD is only the #3 option, so it's not a huge deal and he can expend more energy in playing MD. The big issue with Zhang Nan doing double doubles in 2015-6 was that his MD and XD would both be the #1 option. This is, I think the same reason why Zhao Yunlei could do double doubles duty at least between 2013-5 without major issue.

Without a doubt right now Chen/Jia and Chen/Zheng are the best WD and XD pairs CHN has to offer, so it seems obligatory that Zheng not seriously play MD. Chen Qingchen would also be helped stamina-wise by becoming more consistent, but I expect that's something which will get better with age.

4. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
  5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Well, depending on how you count it. Based on the concept of residual commission, any new world champions emerging from the current crop of players can be counted towards LYB's total.

He had done many terrible things. Nevertheless, he should be recognized as the most successful badminton coach in the history of the game.

6. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

This's interesting.
    #李永波卸任国羽总教练# 【李永波:如果李宗伟是我的队员或早已是世冠】中国羽毛球队传奇教头李永波是一位极具个性的教练,在里约奥运会后接受采访时曾表示:“如果李宗伟是我的队员或早已是世冠。” http://t.cn/RX7nCC6 .

LYB was like LOL at you BAM for wasting a LCW :D

[​IMG]

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes, considering its China he has done many terrible things now China has waning power in world of badminton. Basically they just dominate one sector (XD) now..

It shouldnt be happening with the resource china has at disposal. Chen/Jia never give the reassuring performances that baoyixin/tangjinhua gave of the years past.Why separate them just because they lost the first round in world championship 2014(think its second round but its their first matc, they are the No1 Seed) . Just because they won 9SS Finals 0Lost( and thats crazy record mind you),dont mean they cant be beaten. But if they are beaten it doesnt mean they wont do well in olympic.(or that they cant lose in the group stage at olympics for that matter). Anything can happen but arent they the best china had at that time. In the end it sucked the confidence of yixin/jinhua to where they are now.

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Tian Bingyi should also be promoted to let FHF and Cai Yun take over. Bring back Deng Xuan , Hui xirui, Qing Jingjing ( if she did not give up on Badminton on her own free will). Most importantly bring back TYT, and let the second stringers and the promising young players each play in at least 5 GP or GPG tournaments per year.

9. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    LYB retiring!! Thats the best thing he has done for badminton in China.He has too much baggage to carry around. Lets hope a good replacement is put in his place, someone with new and better ideas to bring the game in China to a new level.

10. antssantss

Retired
    It would be nice if the new Head can implement some of the Table tennis procedures and methods. Rope in some of the ex Champions and brainstorm together. We hope for the best.

11. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

LYB achievements:
    Not little la.
    [​IMG]

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Yongbo is without doubt the greatest Head Coach in the history of badminton. His sudden resignation coming so soon after his latest reappointment as Head Coach for the next Olympic cycle still puzzles me.

But I see he's resigning of his own accord and probably joining the Experts Committee of The Chinese Olympics, starting with the Beijing Winter Olympics 2022. Good for him.

Looks like despite having been 'forgiven' by top management, he's taking the setbacks in recent years and the accompanying barrage of flak online and in the newsmedia quite hard, hence choosing to do so immediately after his reappointment, a face-saving move, I suppose.

It reminds me of a talk I once heard where the speaker holding a piece of paper to the audience, said (as I recalled), " I have a piece of white paper and there is a tiny black dot on it. What do you see first ? Most people would say, there is a black mark and disregard the rest of the white part. I guess that's human nature, you can have done a lot of good things or have many virtues but made just one wrong step or have one flaw and most people will zero in on that one shortcoming."

Wish Li Yongbo the very best in his future endeavours.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Based on the report, it Zhang Jun who will take over as Head Coach.

I hope he ropes in Cai Yun.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I hope Cai Yun becomes the new head coach.

He has enormous respect for Senior Players and incomparable knowledge about talent and foreign threats.

#WeareallCaiYunIN

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The problem is Cai Yun has never been a coach, no track record,and a bit junior in terms of seniority to jump-start as a head coach in CBA where there are so many experienced and senior or veteran coaches. I hope he can be roped in as a coach or maybe a deputy head coach, if possible, even though there are already two, namely, Tian Bingyi and Zhong Bo.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's the author's speculation, not unlikely but unofficial. My pick is certainly, first, Zhao Jianhua, now that I know he's in the mix; second, Cai Yun (not mentioned by the author, too junior and lacking coaching experience,I suppose); third, either Xia Xuanze or Zhang Jun.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Li Yongbo should get work in BWF as well. He will do well to replace Paul-Erik Larsen.

20. antssantss

Retired
    This is not a civil service appointment based on seniority. Its the best man for the job. Applicants should be viewed not only on their experience but also what he can bring to the job. The interview is vital as he can elaborate on his plans for the the future and how intends to fulfil that goal.