Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

if i am the coach i will drop Sun Yu, He BingJiao & Chen Qingchen

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    And field whom the raw juniors, who have negligible ranking points. Most of them will end up in Reserved list, and even if some of them do get in the main draw, R1 against TTY/CM/SJH/PVS/RI/AY won't help nobody.
    SY may be a gone case,
    But HBJ has proved herself in past, although she's now an open book to the world now, she's still got her strokes and LH advantage. They need to completely reorganize her training periods and she'll be back as a world beater. Age is in her favor too.
    CQC is finest talent world has seen in the doubles scenario in the past few years. Drop her? Lol how can anybody even think that. Her loses (few) can appear to be disheartening and because of other illustrious compatriots the youngster may seem to fall away a bit lately.
    It's the CHN team pressure. If she was a part of ROW she'll still be the Breaking News in the nation.

antssantss likes this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

With the conclusion of IndonesiaOpen, WomenSingle remains the only sector in SuperSeries China have yet to win this year.

4. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    What a disappointment. Two tournaments The Yonex Taipei Open and the Celcom Axiata Malaysian International Series has no players from China. Could have been a good opportunity for the juniors. Looks like the there isn't going to be a change in the CBA's training programme for the juniors.

5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

All Chinese players will be busy with the National Games qualification tournament to participate in any outside tournaments. See http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ational-games-september-2017-question.170769/

pcll99 likes this.
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

7. RedShuttle

The information is in the above link.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's the week immediately after the Glasgow WC.

9. antssantss

Retired
    H.Yuxiang as usual makes too many unforced errors. He is not a "thinking" player. He rarely win points by using power and speed and expects mistakes from his opponents. His instinct is to place shots in every corner as quickly as possible i.e. he doesn't try to kill the shuttle.His opponent in this case, Sai Praneeth is aiming to kill the game at every opportunity. So the difference between the two is one is trying to win points the other is trying to place the shuttle in the corners.
    Tian Houwei on the other hand has matured as a player. He has improved his stamina and therefore his speed and his footwork is so much better. He anticipates his opponents return and is always trying to be early to the shuttle. And he doesn't make so many unforced errors!! The variety in speed and power is evident. And he enjoys playing and is much more confident. Well done. Looking forward to his next match against Lee Hyun ll. It will be a test of his improvement and confidence.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly, full agree with you. CBA got to start sending their promising juniors to the pro circuit earlier as most of them are losing out to their peers in terms of exposure and experience of world class competition.

Just look at the CHN players who are the same age as their counterparts, He Bingjiao, Chen Yufei, Shi Yuqi, Sun Feixiang, compared with their rivals in their junior days who are already relatively more experienced and considered senior to the CHN players when they enter the senior pro circuit, such as Akane Yamaguchi, Intanon Ratchanok, Tai Tzu Ying, K Srikanth, P V Sindhu, Busanan Ongbumrungphan, Viktor Axelsen, Tanongsak S, etc.

Generally, the non-CHN players with potential have a good head start in their professional career.

11. antssantss

Retired
    Is it possible that the coaches are not experienced enough to take them overseas. Homesick or just hate travelling, giving the reason that they have enough world class players at home for the juniors to spar with?
    I am getting so cheesed off with their performances that i will soon be cheering another country.
    Sad but getting there.

12. RedShuttle

Zhao JianHua, the head coach of the GuangXi provincial badminton team, talked to a reporter about his players. http://www.ttplus.cn/publish/app/data/2017/06/23/62917/share1.html (the translators can't seem to work with this link.)

On Lu Kai and Chen XiaoXin (both are GuangXi players)
    Looking forward to the Chinese National Games

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How does Zhao Jianhua view the current predicament, the lowest point, of Chinese badminton ? (Let me humbly translate the relevant parts from the link address provided by RedShuttle http://www.ttplus.cn/publish/app/data/2017/06/23/62917/share1.html)

" In my personal opinion, the national team is definitely facing a difficult situation, no matter women's singles or women's doubles, previously they gave others a feeling of hegemonic (dominant) status, but in the wake of senior players retiring, the younger cohort was unable to quickly assume the mantle; as a result, in comparison with other countries, some players are competitively in a disadvantageous position, whether we can return to the summit is certainly a problem. However, after a period of accumulating valuable experience and knowledge, we can rise up once more."

As to how the national team will revive itself to its former glory, Zhao Jianhua's suggestion is :" Tactical skills is a matter of individual comprehension, we've to raise not just the various aspects of each individual's tactical skills, rather we should begin from all aspects of training methods (methodology is my preferred word - Justin). In particular, we've to upgrade the current standard of the provincial and municipal teams, that's because the national team members all come from the various provincial and municipal teams. As their entire standard is raised, the level of players they deliver to the national team will be high, that way, they can quickly produce results and achievements in international competitions."

pcll99 likes this.
  14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What did he say about Lin Dan ?

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As we can see, Zhao Jianhua is not pessimistic about the slump Chinese badminton is in for the time being.
    No mention of Lin Dan.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Surprising. I thought he would mention the areas where Lin Dan needs to improve to enter Top 5.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

First, I think Lin Dan doesn't need any advice ,he is mature, experienced enough to know what's to be done;

Second, other than his coaches,I doubt anyone else would feel they are in a position to advise him,apart from his teacher-mentor Grandmaster Tang Xianhu.

Third,I believe CBA is more than happy to have Lin Dan still around to contribute and play his part for Chinese badminton but at the same time they don't expect too much from him, understanding that at this late stage in his career, his personal goals and motivations are very different from the rest of the national team, and the only call of duty they can expect from or demand of him is to do his duty for China in the team majors when called upon.

Humbly speaking,if you ask me what Lin Dan needs to do to get into top 3 (why top 5 only?), I'd say he has to work on his fitness more as there's not much anybody or anything can do for him as far as his motivation is concerned. I mean, for a player who is the most decorated, having won all the coveted titles available, and at the end stage of his career at age 34 this Oct , what do you think he wants in life ? Not more of the same, and what drives him can never be the same as it was in his younger days when he was still chasing his dreams.

Perhaps, he really means it when he said he wants to carry on until his son, who is not even one year old yet ( nine months old now, if I'm not wrong), is old enough (five years of age ?) to see him play. And the other is his wish, still considering, not firm yet as his aunty divulged to the press recently, of giving himself one more chance of trying again for a third Olympic gold. The problem is one's commitment to training is driven by one's motivation and, as we know, Lin Dan's motivation is no longer as high as before . Let's see how it goes.

#1217 Justin L, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, I meant to edit my post , not reply.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  20. antssantss

Retired
    Chinas juniors were beaten by korea and thrashed by Japan in the Asian junior championships in Indonesia. The downturn has not ceased. What of the future?
    Has the CBA lost interest in the game? The Japanese player Kodai Naroaka who is only 16 years old won in straight games. The Chinese junior had no stamina in the second game and lost 21-6. I can't believe that you can have no stamina but can represent China in a top competition. What are the coaches doing? Stamina is the basic skill you need most of all. Without stamina you can't execute your shots.
    There is something structurally wrong in the CBA that constant setbacks are not being addressed. The Chinese coach admitted that they were not seeded because they didn't take part in many competitions. He also brushed off the loss to Korea and said that he was sure the team can deliver a good result!! Ha Ha Ha.
    I think something drastic has to be done like getting a new broom to sweep clean the mess that is existing in the CBA. All the incumbents should take responsibility and just go i.e. resign.