Chinese Taipei Open 2006: SF Day (24/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by seawell, Jun 23, 2006.

1. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

Haha :D ...this conspiracy theory not only happens with China....Malaysia does it as well :(

Hope LCW goes thru to meet LD and prove that he can beat LD on neutral ground....if not, the 'jaguh kampung' tag will be up for discussion again :p

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Does anyone know what time things get going?

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Lin Dan officially became Lin Dan when he beat Wong Choon Hann, the the Malaysian MS #1 & China Open title holder. He said beating WCH really boosted his confidence & that he knew that he had 'reached the level he needed to be'

So if China really still fixes matches,............. then letting Lin Dan meet LCW instead of Chen Jin is bad for their development............. unless they really still do not think Chen Jin is ready for LCW.

Either way, if LCW can win Chinese Taipei back to back with MO title, then that would prove just what great athlethic talent & stock LCW is made of.

LCW you have made us proud already.
    Malaysia Boleh !

4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

Haha,.... i beg your pardon???

Malaysia in the world event level does not have such luxury (yet) to fix its own matches !

We are not the Roman Army, we have no general with minnion following like sheep.

We are the Mercs from all walks of life. We are every man (or lady) for themselves.... That's what makes us Non-boring. Thats why ppl can't stop fixating on our players & juniors when other nations (still) prove to be ahead of us.

5. terry

terry Regular Member

Hope LCW will win again but not with magic ler... straight set maybe :p

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yeah, a bunch of individuals, that's why Malaysia's not done well lately in any team sports–badminton, hockey and especially football.:D :D :D

7. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    Now now, lets not start with any nasty comment :D :D

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think Nova/Butet have not lost to Sudket/Saralee. As far as I can remember, they have beaten the Thai pair in the WC semi-final and ABC final.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Not to put pressure on LCW... just see how he perform this time in CTO. Most likely he will advance to the finals.

10. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya, i feel he will be in the final.I hope he can perform well today.really hope he will win this title and also our double.GO,GO,GO,WE Support You ALL Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My heartiest congrats to Kendrick for his giant-killing effort. Nobody gave him a chance against Chen Hong. Not even Ronald Susilo was able to subdue Chen every time they met.

I only hope Kendrick will continue to do his best against Lee Chong Wei and who knows what might happen next?

Remember LCW performed a near-miracle against Lin Dan during the MO. So there's not telling what Kendrick can do also.

Kendrick here's your chance to prove them wrong again!

12. thiery

thiery Regular Member

Who is KKK/CCM's opponent in the semi?

According to The Star, their opponent is Eng Hian/Rian Sukmawan. It seems that the Koreans are having some difficult moments, especially when their football team lost to Switzerland and was sent out of the competition.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As I wrote in the earlier thread, "it will be a major upset if Kendrick can beat Chen Hong"...and indeed...Kendrick has proven me wrong! I am happy for him! He's still young (will be 22 later this year) and still has room to improve.At least Kendrick is better than most of the Indonesian youngsters we have..(except maybe for Tommy). Even Simon has not beaten Chen Hong.

There's plenty to cheer from the Singaporean contingent lately. Hendry/Hendra once again reached the QF of a 5* event...their second time in a row. Kendrick managed to stretch Bao into 3 sets in Singapore Open and now beating Chen Hong in 3 sets for his best ever tournament. Li Li also stretched Xie Xingfang to 3 sets. Ronald Susilo (despite his injury problems) also reached QF in the Singapore Open, bowing out to the eventual champion Peter Gade.

The only disappointing performence is from Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia...who lost for the second time in a row in the first round (SG and now CT Open) to Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing. Blame it on back luck....

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

NO! It's Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae.

15. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I would not say Kenderick has arrived. But I just hope he could bring himself to consistently get into the semi-finals of the tournaments first. True champions evolves from somewhere step-by-step rather than pops up out of a sudden and then disappears quickly.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's probably the break he needs to step into the limelight! I think a QF appearance in most of the high-rated events should suffice! Even Boonsak and Ng Wei..whom I believe never won a major title...is ranked 10th and 11th respective and they are pretty consistent in their performance in the major opens for the past 2 years.

17. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Do people have to keep saying that "malaysia boleh" thing? Don't they have anything else to say besides that? :D

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Well here in North America we don't get much international badminton, and don't get to see much of the up and coming Asian players like Kendrick. We don't know his playing style or what his temperament (sp?) is like. He sounds like a late bloomer who's improved in measured steps as opposed to leaps and bounds. Would be nice to see Singapore finally producing a top player of their own and not relying on imports.

19. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    It has absolutely nothing to do with bad luck at all. I have been noticing that Li Yu Jia simply made losing her full-time job. She has lost to all kind of opponents and even winning the first set in any games do not even inspire any kind of confidence that she might win. I gave up expecting her to win anything these days and I'll see if she will ever surprise me. She has being teaming up with Hendri for mixed doubles and Yan Mei for women's doubles. And both these pairings always lose. What's the only thing in common among the two pairings?

She does not have power in her strokes and she makes tons of errors. Sometimes, I almost get the feeling that the opponents do not even need to show up to win the match. The only thing she does very well was showing that frustrated face whenever she makes an error.

She should seriously start showing some kind of progress or she should consider playing singles and not become a burden to her partners. Many of the other notable people in the national team has shown some signs of improvement and have fought well these days... except... :(

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Singapore will reply on imports for at least a decade to come. There's no promising youngsters anywhere near Kenderick's potential in the ranks to come... so... :(

Actually, we rarely get to see Kenderick play as well because the TV telecasts always show semi-finals and finals of tournaments and maybe sometimes quarter-finals. As this is the first time I see Kenderick in a semi-finals, its also the first time I may get to see him on TV. :D