Chinese Team back to China

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by ants, Aug 24, 2005.

1. SImplelenna

SImplelenna Regular Member

Hi, i new comer in this forum, well, i think you're right, LD mental is not weak, but he already tired match against Peter, as i know if LD in team his mental very strong not like Bao Chun lai , he never win a big events although he can, not like My Fav. player in past "the legend Yang yang, well i ever met Yang yang in Jakarta int 1990, even Li yong Bo too, he is very arrogant no wonder the young players very afraid of Him:) well, i think no one player want to lose any match, but they're Human too...I must admit that in Hand of Lin Dan Badminton more beautiful and interesting to watch, am i right?

2. chika

chika Regular Member

student
    whaaaat???? really.. hu hu hu.. hope they will change the schedule of IO..

3. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

That why many good players are leaving the country.

I think even he himself is not as good as players like candra or sigit or Rexy
    not even close to. It was happened that during his peak time there were no outstading player arround. He is only best among average!!

#23 ggsam, Aug 26, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  4. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Well, there were at least Park Joo Bong/Kim Moon Soo and Razif Sidek/Jaelani Sidek to contend with. I personally wouldn't call those two pairs "average." ;)

5. viver

viver Regular Member

I think you can also add Eddy Hartono/Rudy Gunawan pair.

6. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

Razif and Jalani pair is too defensive. I admit their defend are superbed, but their attack is poor.

Park Joo Bong and Kim Moon Soo are superbed, they played smart and brilliant games, thats why they always have advantages over LYB team.

Frankly speaking, i personally does not like LYB much. He is ego and rude. Just see his attitude on court. Tian BY always be his victim. Really feel pity to Tian. Look, how polite Tony G was during WC final, after Bauch making ton of mistakes. This is the type of attitude we should have on court, encouraging each other not wigging each other and putting pressure to the weaker player.

#26 ggsam, Aug 26, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  7. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I think this is why several of the Chinese players are arrogant in this aspect. Under Li Yong Bo's coaching they are bound to behave in a way that Li Yong Bo expects them too. I would think Li Yong Bo would be more considerate of their feelings as well as others, players and non-players. I mean if you look at it, he wasn't that great of a player. He only won a World Championship and an All England yet he acts as if he was the legendary Yang Yang or Park Joo Bong. The pairing of Park Joo Bong and Kim Moon Soon was more consistent than Li Yong Bo and Tian BY.

I agree ggsam here that players should follow Tony Gunawan and Kim Dong Moon's example. Undeniably, both are considered as the all-time best players of this generation yet they do not act arrogant like Lin Dan or Li Yong Bo. Both are very humble and polite and that's how professional players should behave like.