Congratulation Lin Dan@

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by hungle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why not?lcw in swiss open final

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

what about this, 4 consecutive winners (and 5 consecutive final appearance) of MS title of the year (05WC finalist, 06WC winner, 07WC winner, 08OG winner (no WC in 08) and 09WC winner), not to mention AE... what could you say!!! champion of champions, best of the bests,...

is he comparative to Tiger Woods of Golf, Federrer of Tennis, history would tell you he's amongst the legends...

what is more scary, he is now just focus on how to continuously improve himself, not care about WR or whatever... seems now he just has himself as the biggest rival: how to defeat the yesterday LD.. see what he said after 09WC:-

Originally Posted by ESPN [​IMG] http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4402434

"I'm very happy to win three times, I hope in future also I can have better performances," Lin said in a courtside interview through an interpreter after the win.

what a nightmare for other MS players...:crying::crying:

#42 Jonc108, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  3. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

2006 WC, 2007 WC, 2008 OG, 2009 WC (repeating for good measure :p)

Amazing... wonder if the tradition will continue? Doesn't look like he's going anywhere soon :). There's not a single tournament he doesn't go into as the clear favourite.

4. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    I haven't seen his last two matches yet so can't comment on it, but he showed some mental weakness in the first game against Peter Gade. Also, his celebratory carry on was a bit over the top, in my opinion, but that's not totally relevant.

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

come on, are you expecting a human could be without a single second of weakness or human nature flaw? LD is at the end also a human being, cannot be without any emotionally, sentimentally, physically or mentally up and down...

but a real champion like him, is able to control such human nature weakness or flaw to minimum most of the time during the competition, and able to maintain his quality of play till winning the game...

the sports science and information technologies nowadays are able to keep top player physically and technically to a very close range (this is the case in all kinds of sports), however, you got to find out why someone could always outstand themself at big moments above others given such close competition???

it's always easy to pick bones in egg white (just borrow from a Chinese old saying)...

6. Liz Leong

Liz Leong Regular Member

Student
    Yes, congrats to Lin Dan. He is the best and deserved to be up there with the best of the best.

I am sorry to say that LCW is not in the same class as Lin Dan. And I think LCW will finish his career without ever winning a major title *sigh* :(

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yes, congrats to lin dan..obviously a well deserved win for him.