Copenhagen Master 2010(27-29 December 2010)

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by miksss, Nov 19, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Game 1: MB/CM-MHC/TWK 21-10
    Game 2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 0-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 2-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 3-1
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 4-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 6-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 7-3
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 8-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 10-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 11-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 15-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 17-7

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Game 2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 0-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 2-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 3-1
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 4-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 6-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 7-3
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 8-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 10-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 11-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 15-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 17-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 18-8

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Game 2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 0-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 2-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 3-1
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 4-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 6-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 7-3
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 8-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 10-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 11-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 15-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 17-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 18-8
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 19-9

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Game 2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 0-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 2-0
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 3-1
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 4-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 6-2
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 7-3
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 8-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 10-4
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 11-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-5
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 13-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 15-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 17-7
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 18-8
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 19-9
    MB/CM-MHC/TWK 21-9

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Match over
    Game 2: MB/CM-MHC/TWK 21-9

MB/CM are just too strong for MHC/TWK.

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

aiya... his gf is waiting for him to go for post-xmas shopping spree... he still BOLEH?

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i am real surprise this tournament has only 28 players playing ms, md, ls, ld and xd :D unbelievable lol

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    when is the 2nd set? :D

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's not that surprising for the Copenhagen Masters to only feature a few players as it has traditionally been an invitational tourney. In previous years, some events like WS, WD, or XD are not even played (eg: WD not played for the past 2 years and XD also not played in 2007 and 2008).

Only MS and MD are consistently played considering the strength that DEN has in these 2 events.

Not surprising also to see Daren Liew and Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong get beaten. Consider it a free Christmas & New Year holiday with all expenses paid.

#149 badMania, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Traditionally? It (still) is an invitational tournament and indeed only the events where they can compete with the best are played ... A couple of interesting articles in the danish newspapers about the history, still have to read thoroughly. Maybe can post it tomorrow ...
    I think the rise of the Super Series has killed the strong participation there used to be as it is just about the only rest period in the schedule.

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Most likely Dane players will scoop all 4 titles unless Ponsana siblings could create an upset ;)
    Tine >< Salakjit, time for revenge as Tine lost to Salakjit at R/16 of her homeground SS last October.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If there was a PAW Game for this tournament, I would PAW for Salakjit. She has been more consistent lately. And I don't see Tine as fit as she used to be.

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    wow...MB/CM dismantle MHC/TWK this time???

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

The weather is too cold up there in Copenhagen... blame on the climate change... BOLEH?

15. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Analysis !!!

My analysis based on Daren Liew's game in this tournament :

Most of his errors are hitting the shuttle at the net and his jump smashes are not consistent.Why does someone keep hitting shuttles at the net?.......Simple--> lethargy, tiredness, lack of fitness, lack of concentration and lack of mental strength.
    My conclusion is Daren needs to work on his stamina, fitness and ability to handle pressure.Either Daren is not training to the maximum or the coaches are not pushing him to his limits in training.
    I saw the article where Lee Chong Wei stated that even with the Great Tang Hsien Hu coaching the Malaysian singles players, it will not bring much change unless the singles players are willing to take the initiative to train harder and push themselves. Chong Wei followed by saying Rashid, Misbun and Hendrawan can only do so much but the rest is up to the player's initiative.Well, I reckon both players and coaches have their part to play.Players must be willing to work harder and push themselves in training and in competitions and coaches have to also push the players and not be lenient with them.I am just afraid the malaysian coaches tend to babysit and spoil the players in training.
    I am very sure this sort of problem does not happen in China.The players are so disciplined.Waking up early to reach training 30 mins before warmup and having the mentality to strive to become better.China players are very detailed in their preparations in training and before competition which is synonymous with the Great Jose Mourinho.
    My suggestion if these group of backup shuttlers( Daren Liew,Tan Chun Seang, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng and Mohd Arid Abdul Latif) don't come through by the time Lee Chong Wei retires in 2 years time from now, I hope Misbun,Rashid and Hendrawan will place more emphasis on the juniors who are around 17.18.19 and 20 years old.( Iskandar Zulkarnain, Mohd Syawal Ismail, Zulfadli Zulkifli and Misbun Ramdan.
    Out of the backup shuttlers, I rate Tan Chun Seang highly based on his performance before he was seriously injured and if not mistaken needed to go for surgery, if not because of the serious injury he suffered at one of the super series tourney this year, he was progressing quite well and creating upsets.Unfortunately he needs time to get back that form. From the junior squad, I rate Iskandar Zulkarnain who is 19 years old and currently under training with Hendrawan.He was the 2008 or 2009 world junior championships men singles runnnerup.He lost to Huang Yu xiang of china in the final.
    Comments and replies are welcomed.:eek:

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Why they didn't invite chinese players or LCW? It would be more interesting though:D

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

How's their performance in that match? I didn't even show sign of interested to watch that match tough. Well, i think the final scores says it all though?:rolleyes:

18. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Most of these elite backup shuttlers are around 23, 24 or 25 years of age.By the time LCW retires, they will be around 25.26.27 years of age. If they do not show any results by then, I am very sad to say that BAM has to seriously consider allowing them to leave and end their careers in international competitions. I think our junior team has brighter prospects as that group are in their late teens and under Hendrawan who is reknowned for his fitness, stamina and mental strength in his prime should be ablet o drill a better foundation into them.I still feel we need a coach from China as this gives our coaches the opportunity to use different training methods and systems whereby the chinese coaches seems to do so well.

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i would agree with most of what you have analysed:)

but i am rather lost at some point :eek:

as you mentioned hendrawan is known for his fitness, stamina and mental strength,

you still feel there is a need to bring in a china coach.:eek:

would you or can you share with us what you know of these new training methods

and system from china? :D

20. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

I feel there is a need because of the past record we had with China coaches.Look at all the great singles players we had in the past for example, Misbun, Rashid, Wong Choon Hann and Lee Chong Wei just to name a few, they were all coached by chinese coaches like Fang Kaixiang, Han Jian, Zhou Kejian, Li Mao and not to mention even the junior batch from Bukit Jalil plus Iskandar Zulkarnain when he was runner-up at the World Junior Championships were coached by Sun Chenhua from China.The record speaks for itself.
    The problem is I don't even know why the BAM is not even willing to give it a try.

Regarding your question of systems and training methods, it could mean junior development programmes, analysis of matches, sports science and fitness levels.Hendrawan himself was coached by Tang XienHu just before Tang left Indonesia for China. Even Dionysius is coached by the Great FangkaiXiang. Either the BAM are scared or terrified by the chinese training methods or they cannot face up to the tough regimented training of China.

One reminder, in terms of badminton we are considered like England in football. Meaning we are not like countries like Argentina or Brazil, where badminton is still growing.We have the talent and infrastructure in place, so why are we lacking behind other countries especially China, South Korea, Japan and I hate saying it but Thailand and India as well in terms of singles.That means we are lacking something in our badminton system and I have a strong feeling its because of the BAM's attitude of disregarding the competence of China coaches.We don't need 10 years to play catchup.If we have the right system in place from junior to senior, it would need maybe 3-4 years max to get it right with the proper coaching setup.(Hope whoever is reading this especially someone from the Malaysian coaching panel will take thiss piece of advice seriously)