Copenhagen Master 2010(27-29 December 2010)

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by miksss, Nov 19, 2010.

1. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

No disrespect to Misbun, Rashid and Hendrawan, obviously they are trying their best and probably the results would only be seen by 2012. But having some input from China coaches is not going to do any harm.If I were the BAM, a good start will be trying to get Lin Dan on a 5 year contract to come to Malaysia with his wife Xie XingFang as coaches.That would really be a coup if that happens since I think Lin Dan will be part of the coaching setup in China.If you analyze all the Chinese greats, they are involved in one way or another in assisting the China state and national badminton coaching system by passing on their knowledge and skills to the juniors.Even Zhao JianHua is coaching and if you look at his technique in smashing or jump smashes its the same technique as Lin Dan.I called it the whip system if you know what I mean.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    ok, thats your opinion, i respect that and i have no comment :D

anyway we are off topic in this thread:eek:

we shouldn't continue :D

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

THey are 22(CKB), 23(Daren, CWF), 24(TCS). Arif is 21.

All that you have said is well & good, the thing is, 1) China coaches still want to come? Remember Li Mao case? After that, personally I dont think any coaches from China will come, for BJSS yes, for national team, no. So, it's not BAM dont want China coaches since they just got 1 to replace Sun CH, maybe they dont want to come.

2) BAM have the funds since they have already spent a lot getting Hendrawan? Even Hendrawan's salary is supposed paid by 3rd party.

Thanks for the interesting long posts, we can continue in Msia Prof Players threads :D

#163 eaglehelang, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    he is correct in 3 days time accept arif :D

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A quick snapshot of the "unique"(?) Yonex shirts worn. Also saw it in yellow worn by HKV; but I guess you Astro viewers already saw it ...

Reminded me of ...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#165 demolidor, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Tine withdraws from final due to illness

Tine Baun will not be playing today's final at Copenhagen Masters. The Danish star is suffering from stomach illness and fever.

- Monday afternoon, Tine Baun qualified for the final in Copenhagen Masters but she will not be able to play today due to illness.

The past days Tine has been suffering from a stomach illness and a fever causing her to be dizzy and unable to play.

That means, that she will not be able to defend her title from last year, and that her opponent in today's match Salajkit Ponsana is the winner of Copenhagen Masters 2010.

-Tine is of course very sad that she will not be able to play. She was looking forward to giving everyone a good badminton experience, but when she is feeling this bad, she needs to look after herself and I fully support her decision, national coach Claus Poulsen says.

At 6 p.m., when the ladies' singles final should have been played, the award Player of the Year 2010 will be presented and furthermore the prize ceremony, where Salajkit Ponsana will receive her prize, will be held.

After that the rest of the finals will be played according to plan.

http://www.badmintondenmark.com/en/...Tine withdraws from final due to illness.aspx

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Thanks demolidor for the updated news, disappointment for homeground fans as Tine walkover.
    Peter Gade won convincingly over Boonsak Ponsana last night.
    Boe/Mogensen failed once again to grab MD title, lost to Jonas Rasmussen/Mads Conrad-Petersen. Last year, Boe/Mogensen also stopped by Jonas Rasmussen paired with his previous partner Lars Paaske.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

DEN will probably rely on Jonas Rasmussen/Mads Conrad-Petersen to go up the rankings table quickly and hopefully also qualify for London 2012.

Meanwhile, Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen should secure a spot. The same will probably go to the increasingly dangerous Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen.

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congratulations to Peter Gade, he has slowly picked up form and despite losing to Boonsak twice this year he managed to take revenge and defeated Boonsak easily after the slight resistance in the match against Liew Daren initially.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Now i know more about that shirt!:D

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, me too:)

zelm came late ...

zelm came only when players start to smash:D

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Dont say like that, Mak/Tan had tried their best, they even tried hard to gained double digit in the first game, thats showed their fighting spirit and their desire to win...was very strong, remember this, its not easy to get double digit score from this WR 1 pair...u know !! They even beaten KKK/TBH before, for your infomation !! LOL

They are still very young, give them more time, they will prove it to you !! LOL

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And for undeadshot, please dont be too harsh on them, Mak went Cophenhagen to 'partor' with his gF there..........

Tan and LDR were there to find their's too.........participation in CM was just to get free flight tickets and accomodation only. LOL

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Mak/Tan were facing our current World No.1 Mens Doubles pair there

Probably, danielwong doesn't realise that Mak/Tan were facing our current World No.1 Mens Doubles pair there. :):):)

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

WR#1 or not I find it unacceptable that they only got 10 & 9.