Custom Badminton Strings?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by badmintonbois, Jun 30, 2018.

1. badmintonbois

badmintonbois New Member

So I've been wondering, I know yonex aerobite is 2 seperate strings, and as I've heard, it is aerosonic and ngb99. What if I strung my racket with 2 seperate strings, but of my choice such as bg80power and nbg98, bg80power for grip, control and power, and ngb98 for durability etc. Basically it definitely is possible to for me to get my racket strung like this, but will it work or have the effect I want it to?

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The thicker string from Aerobite is not NBG99. But sure, you can try different setups yourself. I tried BG80 and No. 1 once, didn't like it much. But I'm not a fan of hybrid setups, so don't let that discourage you.

But I think you wouldn't want NBG98 for durability; it's even thinner than BG80P.

3. badmintonbois

badmintonbois New Member

Thanks! I've just been wondering about hybrid strings ever since my doubles partner has been praising his aerobite. I currently use ngb98 and although it is a thinner string, the coating reduces friction to increase durability, which is why I would use for durability. It also has a good balance between repulsion and durability which is why it's my go-to string, too bad it's very expensive :(