DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters 2021 Nov 16 to Nov 21 WT Super 750

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by samkool, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Ever since the 2 errors of judgement. Antonsen is back

2. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

3. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

nice win by KM, it should boost his confidence

4. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Whenever he played confidently in this match he was on another level

5. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Sometime I wonder whether they get rid of Fukushima purposely so that Kento can concentrate more on his badminton.

6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Nan Hirota is injured.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Precisely! I could not fathom how the WT or SS titles are more important than the WC or Olympics title.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Its important yes but 1OG or 2WC titles wont make other pairs better than them. Thats the thing.

and yeah if its incomparable, then off course they can keep their SS titles too and all the leverage being WR1. I dont think anyone can have everything, maybe he has 80-90% of whats left. almost perfect career.

Hendra has every titles but i dont think he earned that much money and fame compared to Kevin.

I feel like Kevin looks temperemental. It's not emotionless on the court. In the past he can makes mistakes but now he feels under pressure when making mistakes. Anyway, if he played better they will have won. Even so Gideon will not blame him.

If its the other way round, you can expect rackets on the floor, etc.

#428 Yoji, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  9. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Yep. It is Momota's first tournament win since the accident. He will certainly be relieved.

Quentin11 and KhoaHa like this.
  10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

MS final was probably the most boring final like ever....

nokh88 likes this.
  11. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

In this particular event or as a whole?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2021-11-21_17-43-15.png

Japan scoops three titles meanwhile it's huge disappointment for the host...

The most surprising final result presented by Hoki/Kobayashi who have inspiring run en route to bag MD crown here, defeating reigning World Champions the Daddies, 7th seed Astrup/Rasmussen, Tokyo OG bronze medalists Aaron Chia/Soh WY and score first ever victory over world #1 the Minions, slow start by the Indonesians then regrouped quickly in the second with their fast dynamic style but didn't replicate same pattern in final game as the Japanese duo inject the pace and more aggressive, Kevin unables to stay focus in mid of deciding game and being targeted by their opponent. A tremendous development by current JPN number one, just in time when their seniors call quit.

Two lopsided finals in XD and WD, looks like Tang/Tse thought yesterday was final day, what a contrast performance how they faced Thailand top-ranked pair as Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai trounce HKG pair without any serious trouble. Then Matsuyama/Shida are too solid to beat, they outplay the less experienced Jeong/Kim who have quite monotonous and predictable attacking shots.

In WS repetitive showdown, Akane Yamaguchi produced too many mistakes than her usual less error style. The battle of solid defense, agility and endurance between two finalists who have been familiar each other and displaying similar type of play saw the well prepared An Se Young avenges previous defeats to clinch WS crown here, second S750 title after FRA Open 2019.

MS match closing the final day, it's reversal of 2019 edition outcome, Momota gets back the winning way to pocket title finally after experienced a series of unfortunate events and fluctuative trend since won MAS Masters, January 2020. The Japanese iconic star found tough time in opening game, Antonsen delivers good fight to challenge his more fancied rival with excellent net play and several disguising dropshots that pressuring Momota but patience is the key as the Dane lost the plot when Momota dominates second set, dictating pace until his rival committed error. Both players need huge point to upgrade Road to Bali ranking and secure their place in World Tour Finals in next couple of weeks.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

He's lazy, it's been their problem since like forever. gideon tired himself out because of this and in the end people still gonna blame him. imagine that not only he need to work really hard from the back, he also expected to be the more steady player out of the two and sometimes it just too much for gideon. I'm starting to wonder whether kevin can be successful playing with other player, not many player have gideon work rate.

You're asking too much from kevin, like it or not he has such a diva attitude and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

nokh88 likes this.
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Notable points in this Tournament:
    ‐----‐-------------------------------------------------
    1. Kento regained his full form
    2. Srikanth reached semifinals of a Super 750 tournament after long time.
    3. Hawk eye's huge blunder noticed.
    ( Even though they have given apology and given some reason behind it, I felt this blunder, I have noticed many times ).
    4. An se young is becoming more and more formidable.
    5. Kevin sanjaya's chemistry with Gideon is going downhill rapidly.
    6. Japanese WD looks formidable than their senior compatriots.
    7. Sapsiree is the only one player I guess, from decent Singles ( even reached GPG level finals I think) shifted to double and winning all level of tournaments.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Item 3 - Think it's not the first and only time. I sometimes see the shuttle out very far and hawkeye will show in or very close to the line.

samkool and Cheung like this.
  16. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

In which match did the haekeye blunder happen?

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Mens Double semi-final match between MAS vs INA. Match point of the 1st game.

ant01 likes this.
  18. Bigbag

Bigbag Regular Member

Agree, was hoping for more in both singles matches. The whole of finals day was a bit meandering tbh though, a sign of fatigue from all player maybe?

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Just now, the Indonesia team got awarded 5B rupiah from their MainSponsor for winning TC. Expect GV to give at least 10B rupiah as well + the other sponsors. Big money boon for the young players in the team.

Cheung likes this.
  20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Kevin/Gideon vs Malaysian pair in the semifinals.
    At first game point for Malaysians, they served OUT and it was clearly visible in the side camera and the hawk decision shown it as Touching the line. I wonder how they calculate the shuttle angle and all. It seems like they dont even match the exact position of the 'real time'shuttle.

Cheung likes this.