Danisa DENMARK Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (16-21 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2018.

1. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

well SelenaPiek is quite good.... while nagahara continues being newb (for a worldChamp)....
    upset yes.....but doesn't really surprise me much

2. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Well I am Indonesian so I can tel you AG did mention that Momota changed his style compared to the last time they met. Momota played more sliced and chops which dranined his stamina.
    He feels his net play is not as good because he cant get the 'feel' and that is his main weapon.
    The last few points was unexpected and Momota handled it better.

This is AG comment after the game

PoLLuX, buibui2, Sdrqaz and 6 others like this.
  3. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

more like Lee sisters gonna get slaughtered.....

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Gao Fangjie is fond of the net

5. lurker

lurker Regular Member

under 10 again...

i suppose

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That may be so but the last five points that Ginting lost was not due to Momota's changed technique or playing style, which didn't differ that much, more of adopting a different strategy, and that's my point.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Gao Fangjie, simple errors aside, often played the right shot but wrong execution. She's not steady and focused enough, generally, inconsistent.

8. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

I guess it depends on the definition.
    Playing style = strategy for me.
    Whereas technique is skill or ability which can only be improved after training ( i.e cannot change during the match)

9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

I support this definition

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What I meant to emphasize is that towards the end of the deciding tiebreaker, esp at 15-16 behind after expending a fair amount of energy to close the gap, not to mention the come-from-behind equalizing win in G2, Ginting was more tired than Momota, visibly slowed down while Momota continued the same pace or even inject a little more pace to wrap it up five points in a row.

Skills-wise, techniques, I opine that the two are more or less equal but Ginting has better speed. In fact, speed-wise, Ginting - I once called him a speed demon, is among the top two, if not the fastest, reminds me of LCW, Peter Gade and Lin Dan in their younger days.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Playing style is more than strategy

12. Badtz

Badtz New Member

eagle-eyed intanon with consecutive successful challenges.

poor thing for the line judge also honestly, they all barely clipped the lines so not exactly easy to judge.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well that's what hawk eyes are for. To assist the line judges not to criticize them.. :)

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

If having strong stamina alone could win you titles, I guess CTC should have bagged more than 10 titles this year :D:D

15. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

I know, that's what you're most famous for - your objectivity.

And my charge is of course "baseless", even though you mention stamina issues every single time HBJ loses a match. Notwithstanding that HBJ's "stamina issues" are much less "obvious" this year than maybe in 2017. For example, her loss to Okuhara at the AG team event, where she was down 15-2 in the third and fought back to 17-14 with grueling rallies, or that fact that she won rubber matches against TTY and CM this year, the two physically best players in the world. Don't let these thing get in the way of your objectivity, though. ;)

That fact that she hasn't won a title in two years might have a few more reasons than stamina. It's just too hard for you to admit that.

For CYF, you
    - just most of the time. This forum is really missing a rofl-smiley.

The same way Ginting consistently shows that he's one of the physically best players on the tour, coming out on top in so many long, hard-fought matches this year, but you still come up with that "stamina" nonsense. At 15-19 in the third he still did three brilliant dives to keep the rally going.
    I didn't like the way Momota was playing for most of the match, but he ended it quite well when he upped the pace and actively sought to score the points. Because you don't want to admit that (he is Japanese, after all), it is - again - stamina. So tiresome.

By the way, all of this is, of course, just my opinion - whether you like it or not.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lee Dong Keun takes G1, he's becoming a more steady . mature and experienced player now, at age 27

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Again, even for HBJ , you say 'every single time' as if you never read or refuse to admit I've often criticized her for her proneness to error and , mostly, inconsistency. As for CYF, I often lamented that her game is too straightforward, lacking in creativity and deception.Enough about about HBJ and CYF, it's as usual your red herring or straw man fallacy. Let's just stick to the Momota - Ginting match.

First off, nowhere did I discredit Momota's victory today,I merely pointed out that the last five points winning streak was Momota exploiting Ginting's slowing down due to fatigue by maintaining and even injecting pace at the right time. There's no denying the toll it took Ginting in coming back to equalize with G2 when Momota had him on the ropes , and the extra effort he expended, which drained him further, in fighting back to reduce the deficit to just one point, 15-16, after which he couldn't keep pace with Momota anymore who cleverly seized the initiative to score winning streak and wrap up the match.

And, lastly, I take umbrage at your unwarranted racist overtone in brackets accusing me of not wanting "to admit that (he is Japanese, after all)". It's as clear as daylight that not only are you overly sensitive to imagined slights to your idol, you are also easily provoked to quarrel over apparently inoffensive but not too agreeable views. It's plain obvious you just want to pick a fight and uninterested in constructive debates. Enough of it.

Let's not digress. From this match, we can tell Ginting remains Momota's most tricky opponent (forget about LCW for the time being), their rivalry will only intensify going forward and, the best part is, I believe both of them can still improve their game, the younger Ginting at age 21 maybe more so than the 24-year-old Momota who is in or near his prime, I think.

#257 Justin L, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    melon94 likes this.
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Folks, anywhere to watch Ct 3 ?

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Yufei takes it in two straight sets, when I thought she's losing G1.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chou Tien Chen is a tireless fighter, a mean machine