Day 5: FINAL - China vs Indonesia

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by apontoh, May 14, 2005.

?

Who wins the Sudirman Cup?

Poll closed May 16, 2005.
  1. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Indonesia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

fair line up for both sides would be MD then MX then MS

the girls last to be fair to the indos

2. badplayer2004

you saying the indos would FIGHT HARDER if they are the underdogs? :p

3. badplayer2004

look how the koreans (THE cup defender in this tourney) got KILLED in this semi finals.....a walk in the park for the chinese merely due to match order line up

if the XD won...there would be matches to 4 or 5 with the MD a chance to win....

by gambling.that is what he got..3-0 and in the semis..not even finals..ugly for a cup defender

the match line up handicapped(not fair?) to the koreans?

it would be more sporting and entertaining for us badminton fans if MD is the 2nd or 3rd game and MS the 3rd or 4th one in the sino-korean fight....

MS as SECOND is quite OVERWHELMING PSYCHO ADVANTAGE to the chinese team...the 3rd match (WS) is just a formality....:( if only they do the MD first earlier on.....

i THOUGHT we want to be ENTERTAINED FIRST.....us fans i mean... :D

the match line up order already doomed the koreans IMO......

hmmm...how/who are the match ORDER decided by?

#43 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
    Last edited: May 14, 2005
  4. badplayer2004

pssst....WAITAMINUET......

how come on the eveningt? does someone KNOWS matches wont reach up to 5? only 3?

should have started sunday afternoon.....hmmmmm....:rolleyes:

so that if its over by 3 matches..no more evening session...which will be reserve only (if there is any) for match 4/5 :p

5. badplayer2004

so far..circumstances.."location", "crowd" and now.......

"time" favors the...:eek:

if it quacks like a duck..it must be......:rolleyes:

come down to it...indos only got MS going for them as the sure thing

psst..i use to be a las vegas boxing match odds maker.....lol...JOKE..:D

well....indos would need a MIRACLE come tonite.....:cool:

oops...correction......MIRACLES!!!:p

#45 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  6. badplayer2004

sorry for the multi senseless posts...am just too excited:D

(maybe i need to get a life outside of badminton:rolleyes: been 2 days last saw my wife and kid:D

here's another joke...

old chinese fengshui master advises taufik's power would be weak if he plays after midnight.....LOL :D

#46 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IMO, and no offense to Korean fans, but the Koreans would lose anyway given the players that they fielded out there..It's not like they're putting out their "top" players out there..So even if the XD would have won, they still have to play the other 4 ties..Thus I don't think it's so much of a matter of match order line-up..
    I thought what they did was quite weird/surprising at first, but I understand their intentions as they wanted to expose the younger inexperienced players in this event, eventhough IMO, they could've fielded Shon, Lee, Kim, Ha and Ra in any of their ties..
    IMO, they(the seniors) took the "high-road" and yielded to their juniors for the sake of the Korean badminton's future..

#47 ctjcad, May 14, 2005
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Surely, if one's an "underdog", hopefully one should have a "fight harder", "us against the world", "our backs are against the wall" and "looser" attitude..I, for one, would have that..

9. badplayer2004

why take the high road? could be any later tournament...they are after all the CUP DEFENDER.....

what if the match line up doomed them.... so. they decided to take the high road.....AFTER seeing the line up

taking the high road means they already gave up....

if they really PLANNED to train the youngsters...why need to drag the oldsters all the way to china in the first place?! they were last seen/ heard to be in their quiet retirement already....:)

10. badplayer2004

they could test run the young ones in the early stages of the tournament but in the later the oldsters is needed...also saw the kinda disappointed face of ra during the semi XD...as if she was not assigned....and coming all this way.....

er...taking the "high road" (otherwise known honorably as sports suicide :D)

maybe to the extreme would be the FINALS..but not the step ladder part in the SEMIS.....as it would sabotage into NOT PARTICIPATING in the FINALS....as cup defender they are ah..obligated to reach the finals as minimum determination :D not "experiment" in the semis first.....

#50 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  11. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    huh?(looking at all those badplayer2004 posts)
    please, we all know that way, korea didnt want to win,,,,,

neway, ctjad, i agree with you about playing underdog style,,,but,,arent they underdogs already? :D so i guess they will play underdogstyle (i hope), but i think indonesia seems to be contented with their underdog status, just like chriastian hadinata stated

GO INDONESIA! yea! maybe against all odds:D

12. badplayer2004

i mean...the korean was FORCED by the match line up to take the high road :rolleyes:

13. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

but that's not good for us fans... i for one, want to see TAUFIK AND LIN PLAY!!!:D

i just hope they order ms and md in the first 3 matches, because i am really anxious to watch them... and let's be honest here, who wants to watch the whole tie get solved by ws wd and xd as the first three matches? i was already disappointed that i didn't get to watch any HOT MD matches during the semis... if they don't have any good matches today, i'm g2 like cry man...

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, they are the Cup defenders but why they didn't field their top player(s) in the SF, who knows...It was a surprising move..I thought the match order was setup *after* all the players names were given, or it's the other way around??..Yes, I thought the Koreans already decided that if they were to meet China in the SF, they would field a younger group...However, i'm wondering what would happen if they were to meet Indonesia, instead of China in the SF??Would they field the same younger group or go with the vets??..That answer we won't know..
    Anyway, do you think it will make a difference in results if the match order was different, except maybe prolong the match into the 4th or 5th ties, given the younger group of players fielded by the Koreans??..
    Hmm, to answer your last inquiry, i recalled another post saying some of the vets were actually "forced" to come and play(see economet's post #17) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23772&page=1&pp=18
    and that they are playing other players for "pension pts reasons"??..

#54 ctjcad, May 14, 2005
  15. badplayer2004

yes....so maybe the MS should be the THIRD MATCH to be fair for both sides as well as us the fans :D

let the TOSS UPS in MD and XD go first.... :p

its already advantageous for the indo if the WS and WD is in the 4th and 5th....already AT the expense of the chinese

lets play fair....using the TOSS UPS MATCHES....FIRST:p

#55 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We would never know the "real" reason why they went this "experimental" route, other than the reasons given in this forum..Yes, it was probably a "high road" approach, unfortunately, but they probably decided as a group that it's time to expose the younger players..Whether this is true if they were to face the Indos, we wouldn't know either..
    On that note, i wouldn't be surprise to see KDM or even RaKM NOT play in the upcoming WC, maybe not even HaTaeKwon..

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I read from a poster (Economet?) that it is mainly for financial reasons (pension for the younger players that must play in offficial tournaments to benefit) that Korea fielded the youngster in the Semis against China.

To an extent it was unfortunate, for had Korea fielded their more experienced players, she could still put up a good fight in the XD (most decisive), MD and WD, just like what Indonesia is now faced with in the Final against China this evening.

Maybe Ra could have given Korea the important point in the first XD match to alllow Korea to stay in the fight until the MD. And if Korea can win the MD with Kim & Ha, then it will be a thrilling finish in the WD and the Korean Lee & Lee girls, who are no mean doubles players, may be able to rise to the occasion to gain Korea the crucial tie and be in the Finals against Indonesia today!

But all these have come to past. Indonesia must not repeat the irrational but emotive and empathic decision that Korea has made and must really put up her best lineup to ensure a win. :)

18. badplayer2004

by ctjCAD

"do you think it will make a difference in results if the match order was different, except maybe prolong the match into the 4th or 5th ties, given the younger group of players fielded by the Koreans??.."

well...at the very least we get extra entertainment watching the MD..:rolleyes:

and not the UGLEE 3-0 result

being STOPPED at the SEMIS for a CUP DEFENDER....

any badminton fan would feel this sour note ending for the korean cup defenders...as if they are a nothing team....:(

#58 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  19. badplayer2004

dont worry..of course MS will play...hopefully in the 3rd..... ;) the earliest....

20. badplayer2004

oh....they can always field the youngsters at the FINALS if they wanna...but they MUST REACH FIRST by going thru the semis......i dont think just a MERE not letting the young kids MISSED the semis would utterly AFFECT their whatever pension plans/schemes...its kinda too stupid reason why to field players in ANY competition...because of their pay retirement benefits.....lol

the COMPETITION...ALWAYS COMES FIRST!!!

for one's NATION/for the defenders.....

i thought COUNTRY EFFORTS/BENEFIT FIRST OVER the individual NEEDS is the THEME?!:confused:

#60 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005