Day 5: FINAL - China vs Indonesia

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by apontoh, May 14, 2005.

?

Who wins the Sudirman Cup?

Poll closed May 16, 2005.
  1. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Indonesia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree with your sentiments. Furthermore, if the Korean team can topple China in the semis and go on into the Finals...and WIN (?)...I'm sure the Korean authorities will be overwhelmed and the youngsters will be rewarded, perhaps many more times their pension! :D

2. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

post by loh

"Maybe Ra could have given Korea the important point in the first XD match to alllow Korea to stay in the fight until the MD. And if Korea can win the MD with Kim & Ha, then it will be a thrilling finish in the WD and the Korean Lee & Lee girls, who are no mean doubles players, may be able to rise to the occasion to gain Korea the crucial tie and be in the Finals against Indonesia today!"

lets just say we fans are SORE we didnt get to see ra in action as well as the korean MDs in action!!! :)

just a lousy walk over 3-0 for such a great team!!!:(

3. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Personally i have got 'sick' of the Chinese whitewashes.All i want today is some pts for indonesia.better yet,let it enter the 5th rubber.Or if that's too much to ask i want atleast 1 pt. for indonesia,which is why i will be cheering for taufik today WHEN HE PLAYS AGAINST Lin....EVEN THOUGH I AM DAN_FAN:confused: :crying: :D :p

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Final Line up

This just out:
    China Indonesia
    XD Zhang Jun/Gao Ling Widianto/L Natsir
    MS Lin Dan T Hidayat
    WS Zhang Ning Hari S
    MD Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng C Wijaya/S Budiarto
    WD Gao Ling/Huang Sui J Novita/G Polii

5. RaymondLin

RaymondLin Regular Member

Student/Badminton Player
    Thanx Han

Yes lol Lin Dan vs Taufik :D !!!
    I so want to see this match!

6. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    ^^
    Hypocrite!! :D :D

I agree with some of the afore-mentioned posts that the Koreans really just wanted to give exposure to some of their younger players and to allow them to experience this world level stage. I think the Korean coach realized that even if he fielded his top team, China would still win and thus chose to let the future of korean badminton gain experience.

In regards to China vs Indonesia, I think fielding Bao would definitely be risky business. He can pull of a great victory and seal the deal for China or totally mentally break down and perhaps turn this into the Tragedy of the Chinese Sudirman Cup 05 campaign. With national glory on the line and heavy resentment from losing the last Sudirman Cup, it's not going to be wise for Li to risk this much. But then, he may just be that gambling man! :)

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The key is still Taufik

Nothing surprise, Li Yongbo decided to field Lin Dan to go against Taufik. Wow, what a build up and lets hope Taufik can drag Indonesia into deeper round so we all have chance to watch sugit/Wijaya vs Fu/Cai.

8. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    This lineup definitely looks like one that is prepared in favor of China if going to all 5 sets. But, with the Indonesian's top 2 disciplines (in comparison to China) coming first, things may get very interesting.

Surprising that Zhang Ning is fielded instead of Xie. Perhaps Li felt Zhang's vast experience will be crucial. Not that the WS is going to be of any major concern tho. :)

9. ArmotecDude

ArmotecDude Regular Member

I really hope candra and sigit will give it their all...give everybody something to remember. Do they plan on retiring anytime soon? i hope not. :(

10. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    I think it is quite obvious that Indonesia's chance is on XD, MS, & MD, If they lost anyone of them, that's it, thay can kiss Sudirman Cup goodbye. But my heart still goes to Indonesia.

11. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    i think this is a forgone conclusion... it's quite impossible for hari to win... if she does, or even if she goes to rubber set, everybody will hail her as the new susi susanti!

12. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

XD zhang jun needs to beat up/psyched out the female opponent like he did on the koreans,to win the match :rolleyes:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, so this is the lineup...Well, as long as the Indos win 1 of the first 3 matches, we will see the MD..But by looking at the draw order, it gives the Indos more of a chance to win the SC..
    The key will be the XD, they lose that first match and I think it's basically over..So the pressure will be on Nova/Lilyana to set the tone early..

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

They're only 29 yrs. old respectively, and AFAIK they will still play, at least until the end of this year if no major injuries occur and as long as they're capable while waiting for the development of the other 2 Indo pairs..So not too young or old to still play..But overall speed and quickness could be a factor..
    Yes, they will have to rely on their experiences to hold the fort, if given a chance..

15. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Regarding ur statement, i give u two words:

umm... no.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Pray that Indonesia wins the XD & MS

Shall we all pray for Indonesia to win the XD and MS, which are within reach?
    Then we will get to watch at least 4 matches and the do-or-die MD match between the two great adversaries of all time! :D

17. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    No Natsir played so well!!

Widianto was the weakest

18. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Ooo. Nah best it'd be quick. I reckon LD will take it this time. Not taufik. You never know though. I have a feeling in MD INA can take it if it does go there!

19. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

I am surprised when i watch a video of a young Lin Dan, (posted in video sharing forum) he had used this kind of tactic, (pyschology stressing the opponent) in addition to various other delaying tactics like mop floor, powder the grip, etc, perhaps also to change the stroke of luck.

Practically every match.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

:D..........lol