Day 7 : TC semi 2 : DENMARK vs MALAYSIA (May 5, 5pm)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by svp97, May 3, 2006.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is amusing to read that so many people think Peter Gade (PG) will beat Lee Chong Wei (LCW), and even more amusing when there are claims that Kenneth can beat Hafiz.

Both are at their peaks --- LCW just came from a recent big win in the ADF after the Commonwealth (he is fitter than a melee bull). Hafiz is looking solid and vanquished the Korean in double quick time (especially the way he finished the guy off in the second set). Both are injury free and breathing of brimstone fire (confidence). They have the devil in them (let not anyone cross their paths!).

The way Tan Fook and Wan Wah are playing (the way they di not give the Koreans a chance) I think the Danes must be shitting in their pants --- they know they are in for a bad time.

My bet is we will 'kill' them on the night and stand to boast about it for a long time coming. Let us not even think about Chong Ming and KuKluxKlan who would definitely get up against the two Danes !;)

Kuan Beng is an unknown quantity (he is young and strong) and eager to raise his game 10 times (he will be the unsung hero of this Thomas Cup). He knows a RM XXXXXXX waits for him when he wins.

I think the Chinese and Indonisians can not be too keen for the finals. They should lose their games to save the agony of facing the Malaysians. Malaysia will win the THOMAS CUP --- even a fool can tell.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. we need more Denmark fans out there. the support in the forum is quite lobsided.

maybe i should start supporting Denmark to tip the scale back to balance.

can any body tell me how to cheer in Danish??

3. markchan

markchan Regular Member

can any body tell me how to cheer in Danish??[/quote]

Ahem......"skoll ?" ......ahahahahahaha lol

....but it is pointless, becos it will be us who will be shouting "yum seng".....
    at the end of the match....

4. stevenhyx

stevenhyx Regular Member

all Danish going to watch live tmr...........

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    You asked for it!

Many posters have tried desperately to turn Wong Choong Hann's sad injury into a good thing for Malaysia. I fail to see the logic behind that. It is a definite weakening of Malaysia's team, and where it hurts most -- 2nd singles which is a "must" for them. So, I find the Malaysian fan's predictions very optimistic to say the least, and I'll lend myself to the same thing but from a Danish fan's perspective:

Gade vs LCW will be a good fight, but Gade is on form and has even improved under the 21 point system. Gade wins in straigt sets.

Kenneth vs Hafiz... I am a bit uncertain about Kenneth's form, but the same is true for Hafiz, so sorry guys but I see Kenneth as the winner here. Hafiz had trouble with Nicholas Kidd, and... no offense to the Brit, but that's just not convincing.

Jens/Martin might lose 1st game to CCM/KKK, and then completely thrash them in the 2nd and 3rd. If they meet LWW/CTF, it will be over in 2 games, as the Malaysians will have lost the psychological match even before the game begins.

3-0 to Denmark. :cool:

6. thiery

thiery Regular Member

According to the track record or history....Malaysia always prevail in the semi-final.

Take year 2002 and 2004 as example. They beat denmark and china respectively to move to final.

The history might repeat again!!!!! That's what all Malaysians hope for.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Agree with you against China, disagree with you against Indonesia. KBH had beaten Simon in the TC qualifiers earlier, so he has an even chance. However for this to happen the tie must go to 5 matches, which may not happen anymore. Anyway we haven't passed the Denmark test yet, why talk about Indonesia/China?

WCH's absence actually means that while Malaysia still has a chance, it is lessened to the point that 3rd singles strength is reduced to cover for 2nd singles position. From the position of 2nd/3rd singles of almost equal strength, we now have 2nd singles significantly stronger than 3rd singles. At this point, team spirit, player experience and true grit would make a difference.

#67 abedeng, May 4, 2006
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  8. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

i tot skoll is swiss for "yum seng"?

if i am not mistaken, the danish word for cheer is "Hurra"
    but i think this phrase is more often used - "let's go Denmark, let's go". :D :D :D

btw. Yannie knows better! Yannie, your job for translation now! hehehe

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    In 2002 Malaysia beat China in semis, lost to Indonesia in final.

In 2004 Malaysia lost to Indonesia in q-final, who in turn lost to Denmark, who in turn lost to China.

Might I even say that in 2000, Malaysia lost to both Korea and Denmark at the group stages.

10. wiyang

wiyang Regular Member

Being a Malaysian... I am quite agree with you. Maybe a lot of times we really overreact... but then... as a badminton nation, our love and enthusiastic for the game is really undescribable... The public cares so much about the game and therefore comes the pressure, the overcelebration and so...
    even though there is no much hope now, still, i wish that we can march to final... and hold the cup again after 14 years... just a little wish of mine...

11. thiery

thiery Regular Member

OOpss....i made a mistake.

It's 1998 that malaysia beat denmark in the semi.

This shows that m'sia either falter in the group stage or final but always prevail in the semi. :)

12. alloh

alloh Regular Member

We can see the match of Hafiz yesterday. He keep attacking, a lot of smashes from him. Maybe this is after WCH got injured, a high spirit on MAS team players. Hope this spirit could with them tomorrow and until Final.

13. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Agreed unless they are the same person or having the same namesake

14. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

well! judging from your prediction and so-called logic, whether WCH is injured or not makes no difference at all to the overall strength of MAS team. with WCH in the team it will be 3-1 and without WCH it will be 3-0.

my prediction will be either 3-2 to MAS or 3-2 to DEN. with LCW and KBH to deliver 1 point each for MAS and JE/MHL to deliver 1 point for DEN. the rest of the matches may go either way.

15. keatm

keatm Regular Member

undergraduate
    my guess for the result will be denmark2-3malaysia. hafiz performance is alwiz up and down. but i really hope tat it's one of his ups moments!
    i think at least LCW, CTF/LWH, Hafiz or KKK/CCM will get points.
    lets hope for the best! malaysia boleh!!!

16. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Den will win 3-0... And meet Chine in the final. Well then bring back home thomas cup to the europe after along time. they will make the history... It is time.

17. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Malaysia didn't beat Denmark in 2002. It was Indonesia and China that beat Denmark 2002.

FINAL STAGE
    (Guangzhou, China - May 2002)

First Stage :

Group A
    China beat Sweden 5-0; beat Korea 4-1; beat Denmark 3-2
    Denmark beat Korea 3-2; beat Sweden 5-0
    Korea beat Sweden 5-0
    Group B
    Indonesia beat Thailand 5-0; beat Germany 5-0; beat Malaysia 4-1
    Malaysia beat Germany 5-0; beat Thailand 5-0
    Thailand beat Germany 4-1
    SEMI-FINALS :

Indonesia beat Denmark 3-0
    Malaysia beat China 3-1
    FINAL :

INDONESIA beat Malaysia 3-2

And in 2004, I think they lost to Indonesia, who lost to Denmark thus bringing Denmark to the final against China whom they [Denmark] ultimately lost to in the final.

18. keatm

keatm Regular Member

undergraduate
    koo~ i saw u playing during commonwealth, melb! u r a great player! juz keep urself calm! and i think u can do it! i read da article in news tat u were abit nervous when u were playing against korea! but it was a well played game! u and CCM fight till the end! good on ya! will alwiz support da m'sia team! u r da best!!! woh!!!:) ;)

19. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

I think I had read somwhere in The Star before the Thomas Cup that KBH had a good record against the Denmark 3rd single.....correct me if I am wrong, then it will work in favour of Malaysia

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Not a bad idea, in fact it is overdue. Unfortunately Malaysia must prevail ...

Although I suppose Denmark winning would boost the popularity of the sport in Europe. In the ladies segment, Netherland and Germany had shown how strong they can be.