Difference in stiffness between arc 11 new and old

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by orberen, Mar 15, 2018.

1. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Any one else have both the old arcsaber and the 2017 repaint?

I'm not sure if I just got an unlucky set but it seems like the shaft stiffness is stiffer (8/10 stiffness) on my old arcsaber 3ug5 vs a more flexible shaft (6/10 stiffness)on my new arc 11 (2017) edition.

I was gonna buy another new one but they play completely different due to the change in stiffness and I don't particularly like the new model having a flexible shaft

Can and one confirm or deny if the new recolor plays different then the old arc 11?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

2. xzavire

xzavire Regular Member

Engineer
    I’ve got both new and old. I don’t feel major differences between them outside the normal variation. The three that I have are spread in weight so that maybe masking any stiffness differences.

Cheung likes this.
  3. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Thanks for the reply, my friend was claiming he felt significance difference between the two, probably just difference in weight then most likely

4. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

there has been some saying the thickness of the shaft is quite different, with the new one being slimmer. Apparently the slimmer the shaft the more power and faster, or so yonex is claiming

5. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Oh if that's true that might explain why it feels more flexible cause of the thinner shaft, I'll have to go compare the rackets

6. epyt78

epyt78 New Member

Technical assistant
    i have both, i measured the thickness of the shaft, the new one have bigger shaft diameter than the old one.
    The new also stiffer compared to the older version