DinkALot's Racket Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Invitation1

Invitation1 New Member

hey dink, would it be a hassle to add to the table, their respective frame shapes? for examples iso wide body (ns 7000), oval wide (carlton airblades), iso thin (ns 8000), etc.
    Invitation Letter

2. yanzhi0714

yanzhi0714 Regular Member

Student
    wondering if our dear Dink tried some Kimoni racquets before? or Karakals?
    :D

3. quintesson

quintesson New Member

Balance Point

anyone care to tell me how to read the BP measurement. how does it measure from, from the head down or from the handle up?
    the heavier the racket head the BP should be higher or lower and vice versa? what is the BP for a balance racket? i read thru all the 34 pages but nothing to it.
    just got VHS 1800, played a few games. feelings really different from the normal racket and i like it.
    anyone from Malaysia or Singapore knew where to get this Kason Carvel and approximately how much does it cost? TQ

#563 quintesson, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  4. yanzhi0714

Student
    quintesson~ seems like we're after the same sort of racquets hahaah
    i also juz played 2 games with my new vh1800.

bp is measured from the end of the racquet (the tail of the grip) as i know. head heavier = higher numbers for bp. if not wrong :D

im currently looking for a light racquet as well~ haha~

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Okay, not speaking for Dink here, but.... He has tested something like 150 rackets, you really think he still does requests?:p
    I believe his latest stance is "if you send it to me, I'll test it"

(second part, this is not a reply to you Yanzhi, just in common)

With Sotx I've had like 40 requests regarding reviews (imagine how many Dink gets) and mostly it strikes me as somewhat odd....
    A player wants a review of a certain racket, but doesn't want to "just buy it as a guess"... So instead, they PM'd me, in hope that I would "get it just to test it", and report back to them if they should spend their money on it.
    I mean, the logic behind it is just....awefull :eek:

6. yanzhi0714

Student
    Hello Jerby, it's ok~ :) was just wondering if the most experienced few in this forum has the chance to get a hand on the racquets. no intention to specially ask for a test ;)

anyone in BC has Kimoni/Karakal racquets? please do tell me what they think about them? thank you~

7. quintesson

quintesson New Member

thanks for the reply really appreciated it.:)
    not only we are using the same racquet but also the same thought too of getting another lighter racquet. so which one are you looking at?
    i'm looking for Kason Carvel since it is highly recommended by 'god' Dink unfortunately can't find it at my place for the moment :crying:

8. yanzhi0714

Student
    No worries. hope I got the concept correct though :D

yea~ haha~ used vh1800 for 2 times...felt heavier as I thought...arm still recovering now... hahaha...

looked at Kason Carvels too...but they're quite rare on the internet haha~

so i went on and found some Kimoni...designs very clean and nice...but not sure if they're as durable. and price is around RM280 with postage included to australia for a medium range... (this made me hesitate...as apacs top range e.g. Super Light, or even Tantrum 200, AMPs are only around early RM200ish...)

then I found these Gosen racquets...they're available from a thai and a hk website....top range USD109 (w/o shipping). found some nice pink light racquets on their Japanese website....but....kinda disappointed as cant find any on the 2 webs...mid-lower range are ~RM200ish...as well...

Makes me think for thousand of times...which should I get? lol~

9. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Dear Sir Dinkalot,

have you try any of the X Feel Babolat Rackets? Will be great if you add a review on it.

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    There's been quite a few review on X-Feel, use the search feature on the forum.

I have the X-Feel power and it is very good. I was considering between the Power and the Blast and was worried the blast might be too stiff for me so end up with the power instead.

11. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Yeah i did saw the thread.

12. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

Can you tell me where on the internet you can buy these? I'm looking to buy the tantrum 200 apacs racquet from Malaysia but can't find an internet supplier!!

13. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Tantrum n : An outburst of anger typical of a young child.

Something majorly got lost in translation when they went looking for a good racket name. lol

14. betterback

betterback Regular Member

Hello everyone!

I need advice on racket selection. I am a very average, senior (over 60) player. I can't smash like I used to, and my reflex is slowing down too, but I love the game! I am playing exclusively double or mixed double. I am using a cheap Yonexx right now (Iso 30DF) which weighs about 110g with string. I am looking for a lighter alternate racket at a very affordable price. I am thinking of either Kason Carvel U3 at $61 or Apacs Nano Power 9900 at $48. Any recommendation?

15. bolts

bolts Regular Member

The Kason Carvel is a great racket but is severely lacking in the power department. That said it is a lot of fun to use due to it being highly maneuverable and the sound is pretty good too.

I suggest put 5 dollars aside per week and wait a month or two, That way you will have a much greater selection or rackets available with your new budget bracket.

So far every racket I've tried described in Dink's review has been spot on, including the carvel, the MP99, the carbonex 30 muscle, and I just recently got a woven7 which I am dying to try :)

I can recommend the review and would be confident to say that Dink's rating will be very reliable, whichever racket you would be inclined to choose.

I got my Carvel on Ebay btw, been over a year now but it might still be worth checking out.

bolts

#575 bolts, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
  16. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

agreed. It will more than make up for your reflexes/ make you play even faster.

try playing videogames. it works

17. betterback

thanks bolts.

DinkALots's review is very helpful. The Carvel U3 and Apacs Nano Power 9900 were both rated as excellent in his review. I picked Carvel U3 because of its light weight and high maneuverability. I picked Apacs Nano Power 9900 because of its power. Both are available on internet at decent price. My budget limit had been set by my significant other ;). Right now, I am not sure if I should give up the power for maneuverability, or sacrifice maneuverability for power. May be I will ended up with a coin toss...

18. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Sounds like you already have :p

19. bolts

bolts Regular Member

LOL

couldn't have said it better :p

20. betterback

LOL :D:D:D:D

meet my significant other...:D:D:D:D