Disaster of Korean Men's double

Discussion in 'World Championships 2003' started by yowkee, Jul 30, 2003.

1. yowkee

yowkee Regular Member

Both Ha Tae-Kwon/Kim Dong-Moon and Lee Dong-Soo/Yoo Yong-Sung conceded walkover to their rivals at second round yesterday.

I was upset with the retire of my fav pair Kim/Ha. Ha seem injury-prone, he injuried his ankle while visiting M'sia for the friendly match. Is it due to aging? Or whoever playing the heavy attack is getting more risk (like Ha and Yoo)?

Anyhow, it is very unfortunate for them. I would hope Chong Ming/Choon Eng seize this golden chance to get their best ever WBC.

2. modious

modious Regular Member

Yes, now Chan/Chew has a very realistic chance of winning the MD title in the WC. But I think the favs to win are still Candra/Sigit. But you'll never know.....

It's unfortunate for Ha to get injured while attempting a smash during training a day before the match though!

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree. now that the best two Korean pairs are out, the path is wide open for Sigit/Candra, Chan/Chew and the Danish pairings. and may be even the Chinese if they turn out to be as good as they were hyped to be by the Chinese press........

Sigit/Candra still stand out as the most technically skilled and also most experienced pair.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think this is the last chance Ha plays in WC. However, such a sour result.

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I won't rule out Chan-Chew but somehow I don't really think they can outdo Chandra-Sigit, not yet. Chandra-Sigit has lots of experience in comparison to Chan-Chew.

First, Chan-Chew must get to the semis, THEN we talk about their chances of going up against the Indonesians.

6. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    You guys talking about Chan-Chew and Chandra-Sigit, but you forgot the other pairs.
    I also hope Chan-Chew face Chandra-Sigit in the final.

If we look at the drawing :
    Chan-Chew must beat Yulianto-Hadiyanto, the young Indonesian pair who want to set their foot on the badminton ground, not to easy for C-C to beat them;
    If C-C can beat Y-H, they are waited by Mathias-Michael od Denmark, seeded 8 or the chinese pair Sang-Zheng. These two pairs are alo not easy to beat.
    If C-C pass through to semi, maybe they will face the other Denmark's pair : Lars-Jonas or Jim-Michael. Don't forget there is also Tesana-Pramote od Thailand.

In the other side Chandra-Sigit :
    If they can beat Korean's pair Kim-Yim in quarter, I am sure they will face their 'enemy' in semi : Jens-Martin of Denmark.

On the paper, Chandra-Sigit have a smoother way to go to final.
    Ok..... we will wait and see.;)

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Actually Ha and Kim are only 28. Lee and Yoo are only 29. Michael Sogaard and Jens Eriksen are both 33 and still the top double players in the world. Unless having serious injury, if they want to continue to play, they should be able to remain on top for 2 or 4 more years without problem.

8. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

Choong/Lee are only 28 and 27 respectively but are contemplating of retirement after SEA Games!

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Must be the injuries. Choong's knee might have a lot of damage to the cartilage (he's no lightweight). Lee is prone to minor injuries.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    1 title is better than none

presentation

Attached Files: