Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Do you miss the old Chinese team from 2012 era?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by zhuangcorp, May 12, 2019.

1. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I feel very uninspired by the current team. In every event, the current team just doesnt stand out as compared to the good old days.

In MS, 2012 had Lin Dan and Chen Long. In 2019, they are still around, but not as strong. Shi Yuqi isnt bad at all, but not quite the same level.

In WS, the current squad has nobody worth mentioning. 2012 had Wang Yihan, Li Xuerui, Wang Shixian. It was such a golden era.

In XD, the team was so exceptional with Zhao Yunlei and Ma Jin and Zhang Nan as standouts. Today, Zeng Siwei is a standout player, and Huang Yaqiong is pretty good.

In MD, of course the legendary Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng. Today, Zhang Nan is great. And Lijunhui/Liuyuchen are very good.

In WD, 2012 was so awesome with ZYL and Tian Qing and WangXiaoli. Today, I dont see any real standouts.

In total, todays team is such a letdown compared to 2012. Anybody else miss the good old days?

gelopisan and Justin L like this.
  2. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Yes, I do miss them. Father time won't wait for anyone. Moving forward, let the young ones shine.

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

4. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

Lin Dan, Cai Yun, Fu Haifeng. why all the best men of badminton in the same team!