DRAW for Indonesia Open 2013

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by dohdoh, May 28, 2013.

1. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Yes, there is no guarantee whether he will actually show up.
    Too bad, indeed. :( But I hope he will.
    Even if he finally comes, I think he will lose to LCW, assuming he passes R1.

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    You are sharp, as usual, badMania... Too bad you can't be in Jakarta (yet again!) this year, hahaha... We will wait for you next year... ;) You have to experience INA Open...

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yeah....from next year onwards, I will try to attend BOTH INA SSP and SIN SS :)

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Read somewhere that you were going this year or was it someone else. Got mixed up.
    However, I think next year won't be as interesting as this year.

5. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Too bad bro... I'm informed this year would be the last year where Djarum sponsor INA open

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    That is shocking news! :eek: :( Is there any information on the possible reason why?

7. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Hmm... It's still unofficial.

Rumor says that the current governor of Jakarta, doesn't favor cigarette company to sponsors sports events. Thus, his policy is to seek sponsorship from non-cigarette company.

Nevertheless, Djarum is a conglomerate group, I think they would try to shift the sponsorship from Djarum company to other affiliated company, which engages in non-cigarette business.

Let's wait n see its realization in 2014. For this year, I'm enjoying the promos / supporting events held by Djarum for INA open 2013 :D

8. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Based on this below news article, I think it's already official. It also says that Blibli.com, an online store affiliated with Djarum, will be the next sponsor of the 2014-2017 Indonesia Open.

Djarum Badminton Sponsorships Up in Smoke

By Ami Afriatni on 4:00 pm May 3, 2013.
    Category Badminton, Sports
    Tags: Badminton World Federation, Indonesia Open Superseries, tobacco ban

[​IMG]
    A file picture dated June 14, 2012 show Yu Yang, right, and Wang Xiaoli, left, of China during the main round of the Djarum Indonesia Open 2012 in Jakarta, Indonesia. (EPA Photo/Bagus Indahono)

Indonesian cigarette company Djarum announced that it will end its sponsorship of sporting events held in the country starting next year following an anti-tobacco campaign issued by the Badminton World Federation.

“Djarum has decided to end its sponsorship in next year’s Indonesia Open as well as other badminton tournaments, including local events on the National Circuit, to support the campaign. We are fine with the ban as long as it is not only for Djarum,” Yoppy Rosimin, the Djarum Foundation’s Program Director for Sports, told the Jakarta Globe on Friday.

However, Yoppy said, it does not mean Djarum will halt its sponsorship efforts in badminton. Blibli.com, a new online store affiliated with Djarum, will be the next sponsor of the 2014-2017 Indonesia Open.

“Blibli will be the next sponsor to help develop the company,” he said. “And I assure you that the tournament will be as big as before, even bigger. We will increase the prize money every year.”
    Djarum has been adding to the tournament’s jackpot since it was upgraded from a regular Superseries to a Superseries Premier back in 2011. That year, the offered $600,000 in prize money; for 2013, the pot will total $700,000.

BWF Communications Manager Gayle Alleyne said in a statement that the world badminton governing body agreed in June that all of the sport’s tournaments that bore a tobacco sponsor would be given a one-and-a-half year period to conclude such partnerships to comply with the BWF’s tobacco ban, which takes effect January 2014.

“This decision is in line with the global standards of protecting sporting integrity and health-related values within the realm of sponsorship. Given this, many countries already had domestic legislation preventing tobacco sponsorship and therefore very few badminton events were affiliated with tobacco companies. This fact made it easier for BWF to effect this change,” Alleyne told the Jakarta Globe by email.

“The BWF appreciates that sponsorship is vital for maintaining and upgrading high-quality tournaments. The world-governing body is constantly working to attract new sponsors, and its efforts have borne fruit, most recently with multiple sponsorships for the BWF’s major events.”
    As for the BWF World Superseries, Alleyne said, no hosts apart from Indonesia have tobacco sponsorships.

“The other Superseries tournaments have successfully attracted support from other sponsorship categories, and Indonesian badminton authorities are optimistic of doing likewise in the near future,” said Alleyne.

source:
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/djarum-badminton-sponsorships-up-in-smoke/

#48 otidh, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Don't worry about it :) BliBli.com is an affiliate of Djarum :p Technically speaking, Djarum is still sponsoring "behind the scene" :)

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Nothing bad for me as I know Blibli.com will show the same support or even better than Djarum :p

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Surely, these phrases will reassure you guys that next year's tourney will be as big or even bigger than this year!

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    The theme color will be blue then...:D

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

What about Red Bulls sponsoring tournaments in China? This highly caffeinated energy drink made by this monster company is very unhealthy to take in to your body.

14. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    from hauge twitter: Han Li wdn, Bellaetrix to main draw, and Ana Rovita to Qualification.

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

FYI, Red Bull is also a sponsor to BWF.

16. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    nokh88, any particular reason why did you say that?

the same question :D

17. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Hopefully LD wont joining Li Han withdrawal

That's good news for Bella and Ana though :)

Anyhow this yr Ina Open gonna be so interesting as usual, TH farewell, Djarum "farewell"

So many Ina new WD scratch pairs

I personally already like the old usual pairs, and I hate to see they are splitted like this :(

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    But the Blibli girls were not as, ahem, revealing as the legendary Djarum Girls .......

So to experience the last of the dying breed ..... must go this year ......

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

As always, make sure you share ;)

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You guys would have to endure a very very very loooong wait ..... trust me on this one, wakakakakaka ........ yup, much longer than all the rest of the Djarum INA Open photos I put up those last few years.

As the say, save the best for last!