Dutch Open Day 4 (FINALS): 21/10

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by badMania, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Rian was dominant in front side play, netting & drive, Yoke/Rian has good defense and many time Yoke give tricky and unpredicted return.
    They played in fast pace, many error from Rendra, wide smashes.

Good match to watch, so sad I couldn't record it.

#41 Sandy, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Kendrik congratulation u've done us proud, keep it up hurray:)

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    very surprised that Saputra/Li Yujia lost

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now you should give more respect to Kendrick Lee for being the Dutch Open 2007 Champion! In the past, for whatever reason known to yourself only, you have been rather sarcastic and uninspiring towards Kendrick. I hope you'll be more positive from now onwards. :rolleyes:

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

This Dutch Open/07 is balance for 'title contribution', 5 titles spread to 5 countries. That's good and quite surprising result!
    MS -- SIN, impressing performance from Kendrick to beat Lee Tsuen Seng and Wacha in last four and final round
    WS -- CHN, Li Wenyan was runner-up of last year event but still unfamiliar shuttler. Seems she's rare to participate many bdm tourneys?!
    MD -- INA, all-INA-final in two consecutive years
    WD -- RUS, wow a breakthrough from Russian girls
    XD -- DEN, another shock to stun the top-seed

Rian can defend MD title succesfully with different partner, yeah well done! I guess yannie is so happy about this...

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I noticed that Rian/Yoke won quite a lot of pts from net winners in their earlier match against Dean George/Chris Adcock (17 vs 9), so, I presume the strategy is Rian in front and Yoke at the back.

Now, Rian/Yoke is perhaps my second favorite MD pair, after Kido/Hendra. I am looking forward to see them lift the World Championships perhaps in 2009 or 2010 when their playing hours against the top pairs have increased.

This year, the target is top 25, next year is to break top 10 and in 2009, time to be one of the best.

7. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I believe SBA is being very realistic and pragmatic in sending Singaporean shuttlers to GP level tournament. This is where our players can go really far and even a fair chance to win.

The SS is far too competitive and it usually take a combination of favourable draw and a peak in form to see our players go as far as the semi, let alone the rare occasion that they win a SS series.

Players are human too and they need motivation - and being knocked out often in early rounds in SS cannot be good in long run, hence a win or a good showing the GP series would boast their morale and confidence once a while.

Of course, the main goal must still be on the SS and major international events, although these GP trophy are good to have too!

8. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Dutch Open is not even a GP Gold event

Neither is US Open 2004, that's the reality:crying::crying::crying:It bites, aint it? Can we ask for a certain consistency out of Ken-Ken?:p:crying::D:rolleyes::confused::eek:;):(:eek:Expectation is higher now, and guess what do you get this week in Denmark? A 1st round TKO by Taufik in a super series event(that's the key word:ss):crying::crying::crying::D:D:DRead my lips: a win in GP Gold or above=tonnes of respect:p:eek::rolleyes::confused::cool:;):D
    May i add that Li Yu Jia is over over over rated. I saw her match in Macau, she talked a lot with Hendri Kurniawan, who did not give a sxxx about her:p:eek::cool:;):eek:

9. Tommy Susanto

:crying::crying::crying:SIN got 3 TOP SEEDS in 5 events. Do i need to elaborate more?:crying::eek::confused::mad::rolleyes::(:eek:;)

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

very surprise that local favourites Judith Meulendijks lost in the final to Li wenyan of china....

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You are being totally unrealistic and 'revengeful'. :rolleyes:

In this tournament, unseeded qualifier, Li Wenyan became the WS champion.
    Singapore players appeared in six semifinal matches and 2 final matches, winning the MS and runner-up in XD. I personally think this is a good outing for our players and has added to their confidence and exposure.

Haven't you seen or heard of the world's top players like Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Taufik Hidayat, etc, being beaten, sometimes by much lower ranked players and even to 'unknowns'? Haven't you heard of a single country represented in all the final events in a tournament and winning no titiles at all? This is all part and parcel of the game and we must learn to accept it. :cool:

Kendrick Lee was seeded 4 and yet he managed to beat the no.1 and 2 seeds to win the titile. But you just dismissed his performance and didn't even give him credit. Remember Kendrick has also beatean Chen Jin in this year's Singapore Open.

Do I need to elaborate more? What are your personal motives against Kendrick and Singapore?

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Loh you are on fire ! Blow...blow....blow:)

13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    judging from his name "tommy susanto" i suspect he is indonesian or half indonesian-singaporean.. ... hhmm i forgot ... :p congrats to kendrick on winning ductch open 2007 ...

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am optimistic Rian-Yoke will be INA's #2 MD pair once Luluk-Alven retires... :D They are surely more potential than Joko-Hendra AG and Bona-Ahsan...

Yoke is unusually talented. His shotmaking variety is fun to watch. He is fearless ...to the point where he takes unnecessary risks, though... :p And sometimes he looses focus during the match. :p Oh well, youngsters are like that... As for Rian, he is the dependable powerplayer, similar to Candra Wijaya in many respects, but not as experienced (yet), of course... :D From what I understand, Candra-Tony often practices with Rian-Yoke in Djarum's courts. Their mere presence is an inspiration for the youngsters... :cool:

Oh, furthermore, both Rian and Yoke are reasonably tall & good-looking and will invite the attention of many female fans... ;) Badminton needs as many fans as possible and should do whatever it takes to bring people to watch (thus attracting sponsorship interests)... Maybe next time we can arrange a Nina Vislova - Rian Sukmawan XD pairing just to get press attention... :p

15. Tommy Susanto

Chill it Loh, it could have been you and some young SIN posters:rolleyes:, you know?:pWhy drag the entire SIN into this:crying::crying::crying:

16. Tommy Susanto

Facts: no one gives a JACK who i am and who you are;). Let alone, if you are from INA, SIN, LA, CAN or HKG:pCouldn't be clearer now, isn't it:D