eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    As about his "bad records"......if I am the customer buying rackets, I wouldn't buy my rackets from him.

They could be high quality fakes, but I can not be 100% certain. However, sometimes pictures can not be trusted because he would ship you another one(as stated in the auction, "I WILL EMAIL THE WINNER PICTURE OF SERIAL NUMBER AFTER PAYMENT, WINNER WILL RECIEVE THE RACKET WITH THAT EXACT NUMBER. "), so you are NOT getting the one exactly as in the picture.

I wonder what is the reason not taking a picture (of each racket) and show the serial numbers for each racket in each auction he is holding. Or he could've just mention in the description about the numbers in plain text.
    It's the same work amount comparing to email the buyer again about the serial numbers. Is he afriad to show the serial numbers? Could they be all the same? This is something to find out before bidding.

You can retract your bid if you don't feel safe about it. There is a a link inside the bidding history you can use if you ever need it. (But you can only do it before the ending of the auction)

2. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

U can cancel your bid anytime in ebay.

3. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

Thank you BlueJeff for bringing this up again. I was very close in bidding one of these DE models to replace my old racquet. Until I see some guinea pigs :D from BF confirming that radioheady2000 (aka earring1st) is the real deal, I wouldn't put money into his items (or should I say "HER" items since the person is a she, or is it :confused: ). However, so far, there is no feedback saying that her items (tennis racquets) are fake. The only negative feedbacks are from the unusually long shipment.

As one person mentions, the quality of fake AT800 is pretty hard to tell, and one cannot judge the authenticity based on the pictures, so take more time to research before buying.

4. firehorse

firehorse Regular Member

Comp. Engr
    I sent email to this seller. Asking a lot of question(SS#, close up photo of top of the head, grip, shaft etc), she replied but did not answer any of my question except saying that her racket is real.

I replied back giving link to this thread, telling her she should respond so the people in this forum might be convinced. She replied that she did not have time.

Than she told me that I can bit on her auction with "buy it now" option for $139 without the shiping cost of $18.

I found one auction she had without reverse and just tried to bid on it , and what happen was that I was banned bidding on her item.

This is very fishy. Be carefull guys. I assume that she suspect that I might be able to identified the real AT800 with the fake one, so she would rather not deal with me. I have a perfect ebay feedback afterall.

5. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

Thanks guys, i think there are a few people who has outbid me...so no retraction is necessary i think....

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Good work!! :) Sellers that are not willing to answer questions are indeed fishy!!
    Perhaps they know what they are selling and perhaps, they cannot answer the questions.

$139 and without the shipping cost of $18? that's like winning a lottery in buying AT800 racquets, in the real world this will never happen because that's really no gain of selling UNLESS the racquet is so cheap, as cheap as $50 or under......which means........... ;) you know the word.

7. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I won't draw my conclusion just based on the price itself. Various region (i.e. special source) might provide cheaper price. I believe her rackets are SP?

I mean, there's a person in my club brought back 2 MP99 (TH) for his friends. In US, MP99 is around $170+, but in TH, it's about $105. Of course, I examed them, and both are real. :)

9. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

I Guess if you take a look at the Paint and compare that to what Antz have elsewhere in the forum (real vs fake at800), it should be the real thing doesn't it. The D is overlapped and the O has both green and red......

But then again who knows :D

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    $139-18 is close to $120, and ebay fees, box, labor, tapes, SP rackets shipping to HK ....etc all cost money. UNLESS the seller is an anthorized Yonex dealer who can get the dealer's invoice price. (I used to auction rackets on ebay, so I know ebay fees and miscellaneous fees cost a lot.)

However, that's not making sense.
    If the seller is selling real ones now, why was he(or she) selling fakes before? and there are other areas (no exchange, no money back because the way of payment is one-way.......) indicating the person is NOT a Yonex authorized dealer.

Which means, if the person selling real ones, this seller probably got the racquets with retail prices, then, $120 will not be enough to cover the cost, and this eliminates the possiblities that the person is selling real ones from retails.

So, the seller is not a Yonex dealer, used to sell fakes before, and rackets are not from the retail stores, which leads to the last option - if the rackets are really "cheap", which means fakes, and that's the only option I see now is making sense.

11. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

There is one thing that may make a difference to radioheady2000, in saying whether she sells real or fake. She is a verified seller with square trade which protects buyer up to $250 if items is deemed to be fake..... does this make any difference at all?

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    She got that less than 10 days ago, and currently, it's free to join that program. Let's wait and see if she is still in that program after the 30 days.

"The SquareTrade Seal is only $7.50 per month after your 30 day free trial"

Guess what, I just tried the square trade, and it says I am qualified to join for free 30 days. So, I guess that the seal doesn't mean much since it's not hard to get.

Also, it's hard to prove a racquet is a fake racquet without the formal authority, which would be Yonex. Most of people can not distinguish between a real and a fake racquet if they are not familiar with badminton stuff.

I spent over 3 months on chasing after a fake racquet seller last year, and luckly, I got my money back. I doubt if there are that many buyers having the same patients as I did last year. So, people need to be careful on buying racquets online with unknown sellers....Ask all your questions and do the researches (in here :))....otherwise, it's going to be lots of hassle in order to get your money back.

13. JChang04

JChang04 Regular Member

sleeping at home
    Report For Fake AT-700

This is another Fake racket!!!

You are bidding on a Yonex ARMORTEC 700 JP badminton racquet prestrung with YONEX BG-65 . This racquet has never been used and it has an original plastic wrapped on the handle. This is 100% brand new from the Yonex factory. This racquet is the beginning of a new series that incorporates several new technologies.
    The ArmorTec 700 introduces Yonex's Power Armor System or titanium alloy construction Instead of using conventional graphite and pieces of titanium mesh. Other new technologies includes a new cone design at the handle for switching quickly to backhand and faster after-serve response.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3685363814&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

14. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar

how do u know that its fake??? :confused: :confused: :confused: from the pic, it seems quite real to me.

15. JChang04

JChang04 Regular Member

sleeping at home
  16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    And I don't think the bag should have "700" on it as well. :rolleyes:

17. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I have a friend showed me some auctions going on in Yahoo Auctions in Taiwan. There is a seller from HK using the same pictures and nearly the same description as the AT800 auctions above, so I would think they are the same person/seller.

The interesting thing is, that seller set the selling price to be NT2500, and that's including shipping and stringing. NT2500, for your convenience, is about $70~75 USD.

Personally, I doubt if the racquet is genuine. I think it's the same situation as before, the pictures on the web might be real rackets, but the seller will ship you another one (the fake one), and since the seller said in the auction, "no returns or exchange", you will not be able to return it. Even if you contact the seller about the one is the fake racket, he/she will not listen to you. In this case, you have no one to talk to now, and you simply just can not do a thing.

18. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

19. firehorse

firehorse Regular Member

Comp. Engr
    Thanks. I emailed her back on why did she banned me. No reply so far. It has been more than a week with 2 emails. Fishy..fishy...If a seller does not respond to potential customer, imagine once she/he has your money.

20. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member