eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, I don't know this person, so I can't say too much. I just want to point out the feedback are most from sellers, which can't provide too much information on his own "selling" record. :rolleyes:

2. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

I just got a racquet on e-bay from radioheady2000. I will report back in about 14 days or so about the racquet. Hopefully it's not a fake one.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you have a digital camera, please take some pictures for us. :)

4. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

lol, our first guinea pig!!

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Let's hope the rackets are genuine because I hate to see people losing money on fake racquets.

Please keep us updated with the purchase :)

6. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

lol
    great, im a guinea pig now... hahahaha
    hopefully the shipment doesn't take that long...
    probably 2 weeks or so...

7. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

I'm not sure about that...a lot of negative feedbacks seem to refer to the slow shipment. Notice how some feedbacks take about 1 month to write after the auction ended.

8. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

A friend of mine have bought the racquet about a week or so ago from radioheady2000. Will also report on whether we believe they are genuine or not. May post photo as well if i can.

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    That would help, too. :)
    Also, did you guys buy the same model? (such as AT800DF?), if you guys all have the same model, perhaps you guys can let us know the serial numbers, I know some of the fake racquets all have the same serial numbers........

Please Keep us updated! :)

10. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

he got of model i think........

just for argument sake...in this forum somewhere, someone mentioned that AT800 is selling for US$83 in thailand........that may mean these items in e-bay may be genuine isn't it?

Also bluejeff, would the bags for the racquets be the same everywhere in the world...i see 2 different ones in e-bay already....

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I called a few stores, and they sell genuine Yonex bags for AT for only $5. I guess the bags can't prove anything.

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, even it's $83/each, adding the international shipping from TH->HK and the ebay fees (around $10), the original cost (before selling), packaging, related cost......etc is still way over $100 USD. If the seller is only selling somewhere around $120 (since she said the you can bid with $139 without that $18 shipping fee), she only makes less than $10USD per auction, and that's not going to cover a seller's cost, especially she certainlly need 2 people to do the job (one from TH to ship the rackets to her, and herself)

I saw the similar seller in another website with the same pictures and descriptions, also from Hong Kong, and I believe they are the same person. And the price is $75 USD including shipping......that's just too good to be true.

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yes, the bags doesn't cost much, and if you know the store, you can pretty much get them for free since lots of stores have so many of them sitting in the store collecting dust.

14. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

Righto, i think i may just get my racquet from jakarta then.......
    If anyone knows how much they cost (AT800 DE)please advise or pm me...also where cheaper stores are.

15. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

I know that the TH has the standard armortec bag and the SP has the bag with the stitched logo as seen here http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=3716&stc=1. Not sure about other regional codes.

16. prophet

prophet Regular Member

teacher
    I also emailed radioheady2000 directly and asked questions about her racquets (The AT800 to be precise). She mentioned that she got them from a dealer and got invoice price (don't know how she did tho!). I asked her for buying directly and she gave me a $135 price, plus shipping. But when I questioned her further - asking for serial numbers, she said she didn't have the racquets and would get them when the orders came through. She also said a serial number was pictured on one of her auctions and to look at it there. Everything combined sounded too fishy to me and I didn't bite. Curious now to see the fate of some of my fellow BFers who bought racquets. Hope for the best for you :rolleyes: , as I still have a little faith (although disappearing fast!) that some sellers are honest.

P.S.>I believe she ships SP racquets from HK, using HK Post. HK Post doesn't allow tracking whereabouts of the package, just when it shipped and when it got there.

17. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Hm....That's indeed full of conflicts and fishy talks. If she got the invoice price from a dealer, then how can that dealer survive? Making $0 on sales isn't a logical things for dealers, and I don't think she is being honest with you.

The serial numbers are as pictures? Does that mean all racquets SHARE the same serial numbers? That surely tells you if the racquets are real or not. :)

18. bigbird

bigbird New Member

Anyways, make a complaint against her if you guys get fakes. Be sure to e-mail eBay support to let them know. They will kick her off the site for selling fakes since it's against the User Agreement.

#58 bigbird, Jul 10, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  19. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

the only thing that i know for sure is that sumai03 sells legitimate racquets cuz i got one from him and it was the real thing.

20. Muteki

Muteki Regular Member

Yeah, sumai03 is reliable, although shipping can be quite long.

I think we should add a list of legit and fake sellers in the sticky...just to protect buyers from BF.