Eddy Choong Most Promising Player of the Year 2018

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by minions, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Who will win Eddy Choong Most Promising Player of the Year 2018?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2018.
  1. Goh Jin Wei

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. He Jiting

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Han Chengkai / Zhou Haodong

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. Gregoria Mariska Tunjung

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  5. Apriyani Rahayu

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It was CYF who won the award last year not CYY.:)

2. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

I hate it when you're right. :(

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Lol, can't stand others being right. Anyway, Han/Zhou win the most promising award. Beating me twice really helps.;)

4. Cunning Linguist

o_O

5. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

No need knowing you ( I doubt you really KNOW someone on this forum though) or being weird to say that you're a die hard JPN fan thru and thru. That easily leads someone to JTC esp when you said the BWF list is **** so I thought you just got butthurt ;) since no JPN players on the list.
    If it was incorrect I apologise.

6. Cunning Linguist

I can easily (very easily indeed) infer from your posting history that your badminton sympathies are less spread out than mine. At closer look, the only time you seem to diverge from your ethnicity-based bias is when you cheerlead for players who currently play against Japanese players (Go Marin! vs NO, Go SWH vs KM). Suit yourself, happens a lot on these boards, decades of history often linger in the more simple minds of current generations.

Never mind it being rather inaccurate (for instance, I watch more of Zhang Nan's matches than all Japanese md's combined), it's thus not at all surprising to me that you feel the need to have a go at someone you've indentified as a "die hard JPN fan thru and thru" (I mean, die hard and through and through, that's really hardcore, right?--->attack mode).

What can't be surprising to you, since you've read my posts, is that I'm not the person to let some individual on a forum throw his prejudices at me in his most polished teenager English without a retort on my part.
    Especially, when a look at your posting history also tells me that you've got absolutely nothing to say. There is no insight, no deeper argument, and not an ounce of wit in pages upon pages worth of posts.
    Which leeds me back to your initial point, wholeheartedly agreeing:

7. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Attacking a non English speaker about his English just show what kind of people you are.

Agreed on bold.
    But how could you expect me to argue/debate with ppl who neither know badminton nor play it, I bet not even play in their backyard (half of posters in pro players /Tournaments threads) i mean.
    I found it too tiresome.. besides with my 'teenager English' --this time unpolished I forgot to bring my Kiwi-- surely would prevent me from expressing my thoughts sufficiently.

Btw, by telling you have watched tons of ZN's matches wouldn't make ppl say you're a Jiayou fan.

And yes i have no probs to show which teams/players I cheer for/against.
    Peace.

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I've been very impressed with He Ji Ting and Han Cheng Kai. Although I think the latter needs a bit more maturity as he seems to let his emotions come through too readily which can affect his game. But these two kids are the ones to watch in my opinion. Give them a partner with strong rear court abilities and they'd be pretty formidable.