Feedback on my clear stroke form

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by penguinsmash, Dec 28, 2018.

1. penguinsmash

penguinsmash New Member

How is my form/stroke? I think my non racket elbow is a bit too high in this video when I prepare... I'm hoping that by bettering this form, my clears, smashes, and drops will improve.. (since they also use the same prep form, correct?)

Any other feedback would be appreciated for a newbie trying to get better. Thanks in advance!

2. Kento

Kento Regular Member

It would have been better to have footage of you actually completing your smash stroke with a shuttlecock so that true analysis would be possible. However, it does appear from the video that you are not feeling comfortable when making the movements that you are making and this could well be due to your straining to lift your non-racquet elbow high. It is essential that you are in complete control of your body position when smashing the shuttlecock and this starts from having the correct positioning of all the limbs.

3. penguinsmash

penguinsmash New Member

Thank you Kento for your feedback. I will keep it in my mind next time I attempt to shoot some practice footage to share here. I agree, like i pointed out, that in this video here, it seems I was lifting my non-racquet elbow too high for a comfortable stroke. I will focus on bringing it down a bit.

4. Obito

Obito Regular Member

your elbow on your racket arm is too low. the elbow on the non racket arm is preference.

5. penguinsmash

penguinsmash New Member

So lift up my racquet elbow more, got it. Also, is the way my racket face starts off (facing to the right of my head) the proper way to have it?

Obito likes this.
  6. asadafgs

asadafgs Regular Member

No the head should face towards your head.

Obito likes this.
  7. Obito

Obito Regular Member

Yeap the racket should facing toward your head. Also, after lift up the elbow, extend your arm further, so you get to hit the shuttle at its highest position.