FLEET-Challenger Charity Badminton Championship 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Challenger, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    FINALLY ! OMG i waited so so long !!!
    Someone has been hunting it too !

2. avidshuttler

avidshuttler Regular Member

student
    Hi Yong 2509,

Nice of you to offer....but we are too late already as Challenger trmnt draw already out.
    Lets try next time.
    Where do u play regularly? Maybe can join u one day..go testing ground, c if i am good enough to partner you.

Xeedee,
    Wahh, u so young wan arr...sure lots of energy and powerful...Uncle cannot tahan lah...unless you dun mind cover me..

3. jowsm26

jowsm26 Regular Member

student
    good luck for those who are competing tmr. :)

4. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Haha !
    Sadly U17 singles was cancelled...srry to hear that...

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I tot sunway club got lots of good player there? How come don't pick some from there? ;)

6. tiangkl1969

tiangkl1969 Regular Member

student
    aiyuh....! what happened to d organisor, player aldy prove d 2 champion players r d ex- state 1s. why no action taken against them? .next time i partner KKK oso can 1 lah? oh.....hahahahahahahaha!siapa lagi berani masuk tonemen macam ni. u set d rules, u break d rules..... sebagai penonton pun rasa geram bila i nampak case macam ni.

7. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

yeah man!.. i was there today when other players trying to protest and prove they were ex state player.. yeah.. too bad as organizer did nothing..

8. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

who exstate player which category?

9. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Haha...i knew about it a long time ago...things like this always happen and cant be avoided...the only thing i can do is to train harder and exceed them, thats the only gear to motivation to beat them...

10. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

MD open category.. right.. we just have to train harder.. i'm sure there are ways to go for it..

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Malaysia Boleh!

next time just walk off lol... or play with squash racquet as protest!

Action speaks louder than words :D

12. tiangkl1969

student
    hey bro yankiat & zhiwei,how hard can u b trained? people aldy state level lah!(unless u oso state level) they should go 2 their belonging category. as i mention b4, i partner KKK can or not? its proven tat KKK is international level player lah(if he dare 2 partner me hihihihi...).i mean why no action taken against them? why...? take an example lah! im a 40yr old uncle. i summit form 2 play under 15 catagory. CAN OR NOT? i mean WHY they ALLOW me 2 play? WHY? U UNSER me lah! cannot leh? hahahahahaha...

13. tiangkl1969

student
    bro sibugichai, i don agree with u.i will bring my grandpas tenis raket n play with them(25yr old,1.5kg)hihihihihihi...... ahahahahahahah!

14. SibugiChai

YAB
    its like good versus evil... LOL!

Yankiat & Zhiwei is like batman & superman... those cheating state players & the organizers are the bad guys...

The good always win at last...

We must fight against injustice... :cool:

15. terenceleong

terenceleong Regular Member

GM
    This was doing no good to the badminton game...

I was oso there watching the "hot hot" incident...

This was certainly doing no good to our lovely sport. Where was the sportmenship from those players???

I always believe the main objective of taking part in a tournament like this is to have fun of playing with different players. But, I did not find any fun from those players playing at that particular SF match. It was oso no fun of watching the match. I left right away after the match. No mood or motivation for me to watch the final match at all.

The organizer should take the major responsibility on this incident. When the rules had been set, the organizer should be able to implement it. I think most of players participated in this category because of the rules of not allowing the ex- & current state/national players to take part (I hope I was not wrong).

16. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Hmm...well...perhaps u guys sure object abt it...from so many tournaments, it's common that things like this happen and you cant avoid it...

Besides, i don't mind either, i take them as the level i have to achieve and train harder, because i do not believe that when u work hard, you cant achieve it...

As long as the determination and hard work is there, u can go on par with them..

17. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

Muahaha.. bro tiangkl1969.. have to agree with you that it'll take time for us to play as good as state player.. maybe some of us were lack of luck.. that's why we are not at any of that level BUT we still can play good game!

Sibugichai, not superman or batman ler.. if only i have those power, i'll bring the state player to some where else and let the game go on! hahaha! and after i watched they play in the semi.. i left immediately! also hot hot ler.. organizer not doing anything also..

Guess what.. i overheard they said there are many names in common.. difficult to trace and identify who is state player.. who is "estate" player.. what a silly and lame excuse.. you see lar.. hot or not!?

18. SibugiChai

YAB
    Maybe we should follow the Red Wave in Thailand... protest...

let's gather at The Challenger PJ this Sunday... we all wear RED!

We should never accept Dishonest or cheating because it will ruin the society!

If they wanna cheat in such small scale badminton tournament..

Imagine what would they do if 1million at stake.... KILL SOME ONE?

#58 SibugiChai, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  19. T-i 10

T-i 10 Regular Member

:cool:Ah tiang, let me unser u la. If im state player, i also will participate d tonomen. Y??, how can u prove im in state level. My mycard tak tulis saya pernah wakil negeri. Adakah betul??U cant just prove it with a piece of paper . Unless u bring 1 of d umpire from d tonomen which i been participated, or linesman i oso accept punya:D:D.....

P/s: come on..., how ppl can give a real prove to organiser to protest oponent ON THAT DAY. organiser must do a search b4 set a rule, otherwise DONT set any rule....

20. Challenger

Challenger Regular Member

Hi all, finally we manage to get back to make posting again with the help of our fellow BC moderators. Firstly, on behalf of The Challenger Sports Centre, we would like to say a very huge appreciation and Thank You for making this tournament a success. We managed to collect around RM4,600 after deducting all the expenses, hence we topped up the figure to RM5,000 to make the donations to The Sau Seng Lum Dialysis Centre.

Despite all the limitation and glitches that happens during the course of the tournament, we can still consider this tournament a huge success. It is definitely not an easy task to organise such a big event in 2 days time. Therefore we believed that with the considerable amount of time and cost, we already did our best to organize the event.

On top of that, there are also protests going on during the match, pointing towards the same pairing. It is not easy to take up the responsibility as an organizer. We have many factors and limitations to be considered. We knew that we set the rules, but the rules are sometimes can be changed after considering each and every factor involved.

Many of you may not have known what the organizers are going thru and assuming the organizers are not doing the job. To be truth, we have been handling the protest professionally. At the initial stage, we have already banned some of those state and national players listed on our list, printed from the BWF website. But we do know that there are still many state players remaining in the draw, but their names just don’t appear in our list. Therefore, we were waiting for stronger proof from participants if they want to make any protest towards other players. Moving on to that particular case involving the 2 state players. The 2 guys’ claims were 1) The proof given is not strong enough (can be manipulated), 2) The 2 guys do not admit to the fact that they are formerly state players and that the fact they pay on their own money to participate in the state level tournament, 3) The names that appeared in the state level tournament draw is slightly different compared to their IC, where between [Mohd(Draw) & Mohammed(IC)], 4) The proof given does not have their picture or IC number to further strengthen their claim that they are state level players, 5) The fact that they say us, the chinese organisers are racist by preventing them to go all the way to become champion.

On top of that, about 15 of their counterpart came to us 1 by 1 to claim that we are scared, racist and bully different races when we decided to call off the matches and refund their registration fees to each of them. After that, we decided to hold on to their prize money for 3 days to check on their status. If they really aren’t any states’ player beforehand, we will give them back the full amount after 3 days of checking. Guess wat, to our surprise, they said that they are here for the money (they can leave behind the racquet, trophy, certificate, etc). Therefore, they won’t allow the winning money to be kept on. So in the end, they come in a group again and surrounded us. I’m starting to wonder, who is the one who is a bully now????

For the abovementioned point number 5, I believe in Zhi Way's saying as training harder to beat them and keep their mouth shut, as Action is always louder than words. We do not see that they are really that good and untouchable. They were almost beaten in 1 or 2 of the rounds in close fought 3 games win. I remembered the deciding 3rd game of quarterfinal’s match, which goes up till 21-19. If the 2 chinese guys have beaten them, all problems are solved. After the tournament, we have already sternly warned and blacklisted the 2 guys from whatever tournament organized by The Challenger Sports Centre in the future. We just want a healthy competition sport, not trouble creating participants.

Let’s put this protest case behind, after organizing this so-called CHARITY tournament, we do not see the existence of Sportsmanship anymore. Parents & coaches were so eager for their children or players to win until the extend of losing their character and behaviour. For instance, there is 1 particular parent who demanded a walkover during a final match, as the opponent was late by 17 mins. Although the rules stated that the waiting time should be 15 mins, do we really need to follow till the extend of giving a walkover in a final match? In the end, the match carried on, and the waiting player lost in a one-sided affair result. What we want is just for the match to carry on. Does winning a final awarded through a walkover is so satisfying than winning it by your own ability? Is this because of the prize money involved? Or are they too scared to lose and winning will mean everything to them no matter wat happens to the world? We always believe that a good player comes from uncountable amount of effort and hard work. Whatever the result that comes, reflects the amount of effort given. For instance, even Lin Dan is training hard every single day or session. Why is this so with the status and amount of title he already captured? He just wants to be the best among the best and have the tag of unbeatable no matter wat challengers come ahead.

There are still many unforeseen cases that happen during the course of the tournament. But it is no more worth mentioning anymore. The post mortem that we are giving out here is certainly to let everyone knows that the character and attitude towards the game of badminton has changed tremendously. We particularly agreed with wat Zhi Way is saying, “Every other tournament else where do have all these protest cases going on”. What we can do is to put more effort to train harder and beat them flat. In the first place, why do those ex-state and ex-national players still registered their names although the rules stated that they couldn’t? The integrity of those players is playing a huge role here. Anyway, wat we are organizing is just a charitable tournament, not Malaysia Open or World Championship. We do sincerely apologise to each and everyone involved if we happened to be misconduct or hurt anyone of you. We will take more precautions in the future tournaments after the experienced that we had. Once again, a big thank you to everyone involved, without u guys, the tournament would not have been a success.

Cheers,

Challenger