Football 2008/2009

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by george@chongwei, May 24, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha:rolleyes:
    they can talk big when they won that match
    someone say his club is the best in the world,this and that,but win nothing,u no comment?:rolleyes:
    he say:if the season longer,the title belongs to us/even the title not belong to us,we are better than the champion:rolleyes:
    u can talk as big as u can
    u can say u can beat ET
    in the end
    everyone will know,u have the ability or not:rolleyes:

haha,anyway,no comment to those that talk big this and that.:)

2. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    looks like someone is constanly provoking ...........no wonder people get pised by this **** attitude..

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    What the ***** are you talking about? :)

Anyway, hope Chelsea batter them bluenoses senseless later tonight, not because I support Chelsea but because they're Everton.

4. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    6 -1 should be enough - won't even give them that goal - make it an OG from Terry. 0 - 1 at the start to give them a false sense of glory, and Chelsea proceeding to tear them a new one.

5. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    too bad to all Man U fans...you totally sucks for good.............& Chelsea beat Everton so just cut your piece of crap....

6. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    To be honest mate, Everton is not quite Barcelona's class if you know what I mean. You might have been able to lock them dead for 179 minutes but the masterclass of the finals could easily consume everybody else in Man Utd's place. :)

I fully expect Chelsea to beat them comfortably (I was disappointed it didn't happen - the 'comfortably' part); it was Chelsea's to lose. It was interesting though to see Saha scoring at the start of kickoff but I have just about no confidence of them holding on to that lead. I stood at the payment counter to pay for the food I packed, and heard the crowd at the restaurant cheered when Drogba scored, thinking "What took them so long?".

---

Champions: Manchester United - a 'mediocre' performance from them compared to the season before in securing the league title, all of which after failing to put an Arsenal team lacking any confidence to the knife.

Runners up: Liverpool - major improvement from the seasons before, the best yet but will need to be able to keep focused throughout the whole season instead of blips like during November and December.

Most improved team: Everton - :rolleyes:

Most regressed team: Jointly held by Middlesboro and Newcastle - more so the latter as their fall from grace ever since the heady days at the top of the table playing Kevin Keegan's cavelier football. Alan Shearer was dignidifed in his response, acknowledging that the fault lies in all quarters and the fix have to start from within.

As for Middlesborough, they've flirted against relegation often and has gone too well far this time.

West Brom actually tried to play the pass and move football compared to their 'hoof and let the striker chase it' but without the proper personnel, that will be hard to do. I actually wished they stayed instead of the Tigers.

Worst team to not go down: Hull - they survived by the skin of their teeth because the teams below them played even worst. Back to the championship next season.

Best player: Steven Gerrard - I'm not choosing him because he's my club's captain but because I don't see how Ryan Giggs with just one goal and two assists whole season had made the same amount contribution. I'd even rate Wayne 'Once a Blue always a Blue' Rooney ahead of him; even a less than amazing season by his standards, Ronaldo would've surely been a 'better' choice. If you're looking at the overall pitch and team performance, I could raise the names of Lampard and Alonso, as well as ten others ahead of Giggs with relative ease.

Most expensive player to fizzle out : Dimitar Berbatov - him and Robbie Keane, both from Spurs. Dimitar edges out Robbie thanks to the hefty price tag. He brought with him the same old uninterested attitude from White Hart Lane and has been no better than when he played in the white shirt.

--

Roll on 2009/2010! :)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    congratesto chelsea
    and bravo for everton

a fantastic season for many,
    liverpool,everton,aston villa,barca and mu:)

many old record been erased this season
    good sight

hope the challenge in epl and cl more interesting next season

train harder

and do better:D

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And $p€nd €v€n mor€ mon€y! :D

9. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    i think Everton play a good game too.. too bad arteta, Jageilka was injured... Saha goal caugth me by suprise.... but we 're able to come back from it....first half for both team was a suffer the heat definitely consume players energy..Hull City was quite lucky to beat the drop.. we'll see how they fare next season..

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok, the season had ended. there had been ups and downs for all football teams.
    1690# posts been made. and 100 pages . now, let us proceed to Football 2009/2010 thread!:):D

11. viver

viver Regular Member

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

arsenal finished 3rd in the Fairplay league for 2008/09:D

[​IMG]

Matches up to and including Sunday 24th May 2009
    Key
    R/Y = Red & Yellow Cards - Maximum 10 pts per Match (Red 3 pts, Yellow 1 pt)
    P/P = Positive Play - Maximum 10 pts per Match
    R/O = Respect Towards Opponent - Maximum 7 pts per Match
    R/R = Respect Towards Referee - Maximum 7 pts per Match
    B/O = Behaviour of Officials - Maximum 6 pts per Match

Arsenal have finished third in the Fair Play League for 2008/09.
    The tables are compiled from marks awarded by The Premier League Match Delegates and are based on a number of criteria, including positive play and respect for referees.
    Prize money of £30,000 is awarded to the club finishing the season at the top of the Fair Play League, with £20,000 going to the club whose supporters are deemed to be the best behaved.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE 2008/2009 - BEHAVIOUR OF THE PUBLIC FAIR PLAY LEAGUE

[​IMG]