For those who claim LD is affraid of LCW in MO- here is some clue

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by xymaerts, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

This thread is well concluded.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach

rite! ld was world no.1...i was trying to follow the title of the forum..:D:D

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of NST :

New strategy for World No. 1

2010/01/27
    Ajitpal Singh
    NATIONAL singles coach Misbun Sidek has come up with a new strategy to help Lee Chong Wei beat three-time world champion Lin Dan on a more regular basis and that is to have the player spend extra hours training with left-handed players.
    Misbun hopes the sessions with left-handed players will help Chong Wei beat Lin Dan, also a lefty, in this year's tournaments starting with the All-England in March.

Among the lefties in the national squad are Tan Chun Seang and Chong Wei Feng.

"We see Lin Dan as an exceptional left-handed player and one of the options we are trying out is to have Chong Wei train regularly with lefties. Of course, it is not the same as playing Lin Dan as it has its limitations but it will help Chong Wei to test new strategies," said Misbun yesterday.

"Chong Wei will also need to change his mind set before playing Lin Dan in future tournaments as he tends to lose focus against the China player. We are preparing him both physically and mentally for it."

Misbun believes that the possible first meeting between Chong Wei and Lin Dan will be all about strategies.

"It will be a highly skilled match. We suspect that China's players like Chen Jin and Chen Leong were testing Chong Wei during the Korea Open and Malaysia Open. It was a strategy to study and try new things on Chong Wei. We need to counter this and I have my plans," said the coach.

Misbun added that Chong Wei needed to compete in more tournaments due to the lack of quality sparring players in Malaysia.

"The gap between Chong Wei and the other local players is huge. Unlike China's players, Chong Wei needs to compete regularly to keep himself focused and ready for major events. Lin Dan can afford to skip tournaments and train at home as he has quality sparring partners.

"Please don't get me wrong. Our players are good but they cannot push Chong Wei hard enough. They are not physically fit for it."

Last year, Chong Wei played in 14 tournaments and won seven while Lin Dan featured in only nine but nailed six.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/kodjasd/Article/index_html

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    For LD, it's been there, done that. Being #1 is old news. Some players now look beyond being labeled #1 :rolleyes: In lcw case, he still have ALOT of catching up to do. If playing catch up makes u happy, i can't stop ya:p BTW, TH and LD have racket and cloth lines too. I read from another thread that LCW want to follow them too :p LD & PG likely quit after 2012, oops, lcw want to do that too. If he hurry up, he still can win 3 WC and 3 AE titles before he retire at end of 2012. :D

BTW, have u consider who to boleh after 2012 or do u concerns only of today's?

#145 cooler, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Cooler, you are right

Courtesy of NST

Chong Wei aims to go out with a bang

2010/01/27
    Ajitpal Singh
    LEE Chong Wei has revealed that he plans to retire after 2012, but more than that he wants to go out with the World and Olympic titles in his bag.
    "I want to achieve what no Malaysian has achieved before in the sport, which is to win the World and Olympic titles," said Chong Wei after the Maxis Berhad sponsorship ceremony at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"It is not an impossible dream. It will be a very difficult time from now till 2012 but I am focused in winning titles for the country."

The World No 1 added: "I have another three chances to win the World Championship but only one opportunity in the Olympic Games.

"This is why I have to be in my best form for the 2012 London Olympics. It will be my toughest challenge.

"My other dream is to end my career as the World No 1 player. I have been the World No 1 since 2008 and I hope to maintain my ranking till 2012.
    [​IMG]China’s Lin Dan is expected to face Chong Wei for the first time this year at the All England.
    "However, it is also important that I win major titles from now on. I am close to the end of my playing career and I don't want to have any regrets after I retire like not winning a single major title despite being the World No 1."

On his plans after retiring, Chong Wei said he has not decided but one possibility is he may open a badminton academy for youngsters.

"I have not given much thought to what I will do when I retire. I will think about my future in 2012. I could do many things which include setting up a badminton academy," said the player, who has won 24 career titles.

Chong Wei, who will turn 28 in October, has been the World No 1 since August 2008 but the Penang-born player has yet to win a major. Among those which have eluded him are the All-England, World Championships and an Olympic gold medal.

But the signs are there that Chong Wei could end his long wait for a major title this year after starting the season brilliantly by winning his first back-to-back titles -- the Korea Open and Malaysian Open -- recently.

However, in both tournaments, he didn't get to play China's three-time world champion Lin Dan, who opted out. Many think that Lin Dan is a better player than Chong Wei but the Malaysian hopes to put the record straight this year.

Chong Wei is expected to face Lin Dan for the first time this year in the March 9-14 All England, which is one of the three Super Series tournaments the World No 1 has yet to win. The other two are the China Open and China Masters.

"Winning the Korea Open and Malaysian Open has boosted my confidence to strive for bigger goals.

"I am aware that China's players, including Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai and Chen Long, have been testing me on court in recent tournaments so that they can report back to Lin Dan.

"I know their strategies but I have a bigger surprise for them including Lin Dan in the All England. I have never won the title but I feel I am nearing the end of my wait.

"I reached the All England final for the first time last year after many attempts and maybe this year will be my year to lift the title.

"But talking about it is easy. I need to work hard for it. I am free from now till the All England except for the National Grand Prix Johor leg next month. It will give me time to work on strategies for the All-England and Swiss Open (March 16-21).

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/47APLL/Article/index_html

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

here is my advice after reading this:
    1. have lcw start playing with left hand, just like lin dan:p
    2. to misbun, u can arrange lcw to spar with 2 MS opposite to lcw can't u? If not potent enough, try 3 or 4. If the rookies get tired, put in fresh ones, rotate them so to speak. Surely, there are enough MS rookies in your inventory, have u?

8. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    1. abit too late

2. quite certain its part of the training for singles players, even for other countries.

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    new thread?

i thought we are suppose to follow the title thread here? :confused::confused:

now we have clothing line and rackets? don't mess up this forum, cooler!:cool::cool:

i am as concern as you in the future and everybody knows lcw has a lots of catch up to do so is there any point mentioning that? :confused:

just stick to the title of the forum and see what you got, of cos once in a while you go off track with your hero it's ok but just try to stick to the title:p:p

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    advise?

you are giving advise here? should it not be 'opinion'?
    and gosh!:eek:...to misbun? why not just email him or call him to switch jobs? i will respect you if there is something which is really an 'advise':D

as a matter of fact you read the article misbun suggested playing with left hand then you give the same advise 'playing with left hand'? here i don't understand you :confused::confused:

anyway stick to the title or move this post to lcw + ms and i will follow you:D:D

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I heard that its not good to spar too often with 2-3 players because strategy wise... its not same with single...

its good for increasing speed but not tactical & technique wise...

12. teddbaker

teddbaker Regular Member

1. maybe not if you are a badminton wiz... hopefully LCW adapt quickly

@cooler

1. you have just adviced what the coach said on the statement.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

And what is your record? You are so full of yourself and you don't even know it.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Lcw has won 6 MOs ! LD has won none. So if you were arguing that LCW is not good enough because he hasn't won an AE, then can I say equally LD is not good enough as he has yet to win a MO.

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I am waiting for the big Match again between Lee Chong Wei & Lin Dan in the coming All England championship. I believe it will be a close match.;)

16. jbchiong

jbchiong Regular Member

This is one of those useless thread.

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Exactly. It's totally different. Also, no matter how many guys you put on the other side, you won't be able to simulate the sudden movement of LD -- unless you can make one guy suddenly disappear/appear. :D:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

is that your best shot?

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it's hard for LD to win 6 MOs when he only attended 2 or 3 of them just like it would be hard for TH to win china open/master, AEs when he only show up for some. I ask u, how many CO/CM has lcw won since he goes to almost all of them?

lcw won ZERO WC and AE while he played in all of them in his career

as your buddy Pemuda has said, MOs are home village titles for lcw, just like China open/master for LD, and INA Open for taufik. U mean malaysia soil is more valuable than other home soil reigns because MO title comes with free hat?

20. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Stats wise, Lin Dan is tops! However, nobody can fault LCW for being able to compete in as many tournaments as he wants and rack up the points to be world number 1.