Forearm tired or sore from playing Badminton

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Azmi Yusof, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Azmi Yusof

Azmi Yusof Regular Member

So when anyone played badminton.. Obviously the body and especially the legs are the ones that are usually tired. For some people, the shoulder will also feel tired or pain as I used to be one of them. This is usually due to aggressive play plus wrong technique causing the issue. Fortunately that is no longer the case for me.

Recently though, I feel that my forearms are the ones tired.. which is a new experience for me. Is this due to incorrect technique? Or is this normal and expected (like how logically legs should be tired from playing badminton?)

2. Kento

Kento Regular Member

Have you started using a higher tension on your strings recently?

3. Azmi Yusof

Azmi Yusof Regular Member

Yes I did. But that has always been the case for the last one and half years actually where I started with 23lbs and now currently at 26lbs but never had this issue during all those times.

Just abit of info. Had gradually upped the tension by 0.5lbs each time after I feel i can easily generate too much power (shuttle easily fly out of court). This is usually after 3-4 restring (BG66 force). Currently at 26lbs.

Note that I initially started doing this to find my ideal tension and now it's more of gradually improving my play through string feel.

#3 Azmi Yusof, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. asadafgs

asadafgs Regular Member

Could be change of form=increased forearm muscle activation. Maybe more string tension. Or your body telling you something is wrong.

5. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Or maybe just a change of play style as your confidence/speed/skill level grow?
    Is your game style now more quicker with more flat drives/taps exchange? if yes, that could be one of the reason. ;)