French Open 2007 - Day 5 - Nov 3rd - Semifinal

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by chemile, Nov 2, 2007.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

This is my prediction:
    MS:
    Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai.... They met several times and LD almost always win the match. Hence, I will pick LD as a winner also today

Lee Chong Wei vs Chen Jin.... Tough match. LCW shown his best performance in last few tournaments and I think he will do the same today. However, Chen Jin return to his best performance also after failed in major tournaments this year. I think the who is attack first will win this match.

#1 chemile, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. chemile

chemile Regular Member

WS:
    Xie Xinfang vs Wong Mew Choo.... This is rematch of WC 2007 when XXF failed to beat WMC. In the other hand, WMC has good achievement to reach SF, although I doubt she can reach SF if Zhu Lin is not defeated by Ella Diehl in 1st round. Today XXF will prove that Chinese WS squad still the best.

Pi Hongyan vs Zhang Ning..... After see few matches in last tournaments that be through by ZN, I think PHY has a chance to beat her, as she did it well before. This is will be interested match....Home crowd must give full support to their favourite home player.

MD:
    Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun.... Again classic battle between 1st MD of Korea and China. FHF/CY are slightly edge, but this is not easy game. Chinese pair always meet difficult when facing this pair....another interesting match....

Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Matsuda vs Tan Fook Choong/Wan Wah Lee ..... This is the best performance from TO/KM after reach SF and beat No.1 world ranking. Today they will face 'senior' pair with full defense skill and experience. Physical factor will become a weakness for CTF/LWW, but if they can manage it, I pick CTF/LWW as a winner.

WD:
    Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Zhao TingTing/Yu Yang.... Again the best performance from JN/GP after rest injured. Yesterday match really exhausted, 147 mins to beat Jap pair. JN/GP have ever been beat Zhao TingTing when she paired with Yang Wei. JN/GP must arrange the strategy with pull ZTT to the back court, with note that they still have stamina enough.

Zhang Yawen/Wei Yili vs Chien Yu Chin/Cheng Wen Hsing ..... Dark horse from Chinese Taipei. One of sort WD pair in the world that can break through the great wall of China. With their skill and see the performance of ZY/WY and ZHang Yawen stamina since she played in two sectors, Taiwanese girls may take the advantage and win the game. Weng Hsing also really fast and good in net play.

XD:
    Flandy/Vita Marissa vs Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Ryter.... Another tough match. Flavi always facing the difficulties when playing with European pair, although they won last battle in Chinese Taipei Open. Danish pair is dangereous, and they must really concern with the game. I doubt with Flandy stamina, but I still hope he can manage it and pass through this SF.

Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen.... Gao Ling now manage her stamina with not play in WD at this tournament, which is good for her. I think ZB/GL will take this match, as Zhang Yawen must be exhausted after play in WD

3. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    MS:
    Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai.... Even if LD almost always win the match, Bao has shown good form since the beginning of the week. Moreover, LD may be a bit tired AND this is not the final, so Mr runner up (a.k.a Bao :D) has a chance.

Lee Chong Wei vs Chen Jin.... humm depends on the LCW injury. I'll pick CJ in three games

WS:
    Xie Xinfang vs Wong Mew Choo.... She has really dominated Xu and WMC should be tired. Ella Diehl is real fighter and the most persevering player (men and women counfounded) i have ever seen. She is so patient. WMC really had worked hard to win her match.

Pi Hongyan vs Zhang Ning..... no needs to tell why ;)

MD:
    Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun.... like MK/HS and KKK/TBH, Fu/Cai weren't at their very best and were not so far to lose against Luluk/Alvent.

Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Matsuda vs Tan Fook Choong/Wan Wah Lee.... Good performance from TO/KM, i really enjoy watching them play but MALAYSIA BOLEH. go CTF/LWW you deserve to win, you must win, you have to win, you....... ok i'll stop, i'm not very objective :D

4. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

lindan, chen jin, xie xf, pi hy, ctf/lww, fu hf/cai yun, jo/gp, zyw/wyl, flandy/vita, zb/gl will go to final

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Plz dont say that to CTF/LWW. They r a gone case if they felt the slightest bit of pressure. :p

6. soonshengy

soonshengy New Member

My prediction - Final
    Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei
    Wong Mew Choo vs Zhang Ning
    Cai Yun/Fu HaiFeng vs Lee Wan Wah/Choong Tan Fook
    Zhang YaWen/Wei YiLi vs Zhao TingTing/Yu Yang
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Flandy/Vita Marissa

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I can sense the crowd..

..will be cheering and pulling for Lady Pi in her Semi Finals' matchup vs. Zhang Ning:cool:...It should be a good one as it'll be a rematch of this yr's All England Semi Finals, where Pi won a very exciting match, but then lost to the eventual champion XXF...Will this be a deja vu all over again?? Or will Lady Pi finally win her first SS title in the Finals??..:confused:..We shall see..;)

#7 ctjcad, Nov 2, 2007
  8. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Lin Dan is still at the top, also LCW, hope they will meet in final.
    I think CTF/LWW can pass the SF but will lose in final either by KOR or CHN. Not too shocking saw the result of our INA players in MD, they lost to consistent pairs. Sad? Of course. It's kind of weird not seeing MK/HS in SF line up. (but not as sad as MAS fans when they dont have the world no 1 here, replaced by the unexpected JAP pair)
    Flandy/Vita is more consistent so far compared to Nova/Lilyana, but the DEN has a progressive prformance. Still Flandy/Vita to win! It should be great to see ZB/GL vs FL/VM.
    WS perhaps two CHN in final, but so far the duo CHN not as impressive as before.
    WD clearly in CHN's side. The TPE maybe will give some difficulties, but not that enough. INA pair? Not have a good stamina after a long match yesterday, although this CHN pair not as strong as another.

9. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    i totally agree with u!!!!

10. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    my semi-final prediction :

Lin Dan Vs Bao Chun Lai
    Lee Chong Wei Vs Chen Jin
    Xie Xing FangVs Wong Mew Choo
    Pi Hong Yan
    Vs Zhang Ning
    Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah Vs Kieta masuda-Othsuka Tadashi
    Fu Hai Feng-Cai Yun Vs Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae
    Wei Yi Li-Zhang Ya Wen
    Vs Chien Yu Chin-Ching Wen Hsing
    Jo Novita-Greysia Polii Vs Zhao Ting-Ting and Yu Yang
    Zheng Bo-Gao Ling
    vs Xie Zhong Bo-Zhang Ya Wen
    Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa Vs Thomas Laybourn- Kamila Rytter Juhl

11. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    So, my prediction:
    Lin Dan Vs Bao Chun Lai
    boring match!
    Lee Chong Wei Vs Chen Jin
    Ordinary match!
    Xie Xing Fang Vs Wong Mew Choo
    Hard match!
    Zhang Ning Vs Pi Hong Yan
    Old match!
    Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah Vs Kieta masuda-Othsuka Tadashi
    Prestige match!
    Also prestige match!
    Wei Yi Li-Zhang Ya Wen Vs Chien Yu Chin-Ching Wen Hsing
    one side match!
    Zhao Ting-Ting and Yu Yang Vs Jo Novita-Greysia Polii
    Lesson match!
    Zheng Bo-Gao Ling vs Xie Zhong Bo-Zhang Ya Wen
    Team order match!
    Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa Vs Thomas Laybourn- Kamila Rytter Juhl
    Hopefull match! (for INA fans, cos we only count to you Flandy/Vita!)

12. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

koo-tan lost to japanese again!!!!
    so sad T_T

Lee Chong Wei, Wong Mei Choo, Choong Tan Fook & Lee Wan Wah!!!!!

MALAYSIA PASTI BOLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. ixory

ixory Regular Member

My feeling told me,all mas will fail in semis..aikss..hope it's not happening

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Actually is quite an achievement for team Malaysia having 3 representatives in Semi Final, regardless the outcome, I am proud of them!!

15. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

can't wait to see this game
    i never saw them play against each other
    it's gonna be tough match

my pick....
    Fu Haifeng - Cai Yun
    (so they can meet Malaysian again, and lost to them once again)

16. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Now JUNG/LEE have won an advantage over FENG-YUN since CAI/FU played three sets to won over INA veterans yesterday.
    JUNG/LEE only cost 31mins to beat Thais!
    FENG-YUN need great stamina to reach the Final.
    (The same to CJ VS LEE CW match)

17. steffi_annie

steffi_annie Regular Member

student
    What a day......the chinese will be super frustrated....if they lose to the Malaysians again......hahaha......:D:D:D:D

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

If you ask me who will win between Chen Jin and LCW, I will tell you, without blinking, LCW will win even with his slight knee injury.

LCW, judging by the ease in which he won the last two matches against Simon Santosa and Chan Yit Kit, will make life miserable tonight for Chen Jin. This is a 'LD vs LCW' Finals. And if he does beat Chen Jin easily tonight, then all I can say is LD will have to be at his best to come close.

And HuangKokHua, would you like to bet everything you owe me so far (roast goose and a bottle of red wine) on Chen Jin against my LCW ? If I win, it will be a full dinner (with roast goose and a bottle of cabernet savignon as well, only Aussie but not cheap wolf blass or penfolds rawson retreat) - if you win, you will square your loss ?

#18 X Ball, Nov 2, 2007
  19. Car_fan

Car_fan Regular Member

Student
    I hope that Astro shows the matches on court one. But they'll most probably show the matches on court two because Lee & Choong-Lee are playing on court two.

On the other hand, Wong is playing on court one. So we'll see. :)

20. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Don't be so sure as Chong Wei has pretty decent draw avoiding the Chinese until semi final. If the Chinese is not that good then it can't be so dominating occupying 3 out of 4 slots in SF. I hope Chong Wei win so he has chance to cross sword with Lin Dan as this will help him down the road having play against all Chinese players and know where he stands. Good luck to Chong Wei and to all Malaysia fan, we shall gather here during SF and "BOLEH" together.