German Open GPG 2012 Semifinal and Final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by etudiant, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It gets even more complicated if you have three indonesian players in the top 16. Who will they select to compete in the OG ? Simon is assured of a place. If Tommy sits in the top 16 bracket, do you think they will kick Taufik out to make way for Tommy ?

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Cont...if it really happens, that's not really a good ending to Taufik yoyo career..

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Just so that your opinion does not represent Singaporeans, I dare say those European mannerisms on court are mild compared to CHN WS vocal dynamics.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

automatically selected as MS2 is almost impossible. but he should try to get into the top 16 (atm he is at 18) in case one of the 2 guys above him drop out for whatever reason so that he can replaces them.

5. phili

phili Regular Member

Some of their doubles players act quite strange on court thats true but I can't think of any weird acting singles players

Oh and I don't get them either although being European :D

6. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    lol, chn pair hits everything!! unbelievable; but they still need three sets!! They probably never played that good before lol
    W/e next week is way more important for LYD/JJS...
    Btw does anyone know what JJS is wearing around his right calf? KSH got it around both calves yesterday...

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and Hong Wei / Shen Ye beats Lee Yong Dae / Jung Jae Sung 21-19 / 18-21 / 21-19.

pretty incredible outing by China, despite Wang Xin and Chen Jin's losts, the youngsters took control and pulled off winning MD, WS and MD. LD had to take the lead for CJ and took MS.

it only shows that China will dominate world badminton for years to come..

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The CHN pair Wei Hong/Ye Shen did it(!), amazing; announcing their arrival on the world stage,finally?! - for who else ,other than Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng, has beaten the Korean pair the past how many months?

9. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

What a wonderful dream week for HW/ SY! They beat two Korea top notch MD and also 2 of Indonesia MD.

They nearly choke in third set against JJs/LYD. They already leading 13-7 but stumble and the Korea gallantly chase and lead 17-15. But in the end the Chinese pair win in a thrilling 3 sets.

LYB must had a sigh relief that they had a sucessor in MD when CY/FHF retired.

10. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

And like Kwun said, the only senior player is only LD who win a title. Others are young player and pairs. (when their more experience senior players lost)

11. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    can't really go into the specifics or name names less i get accused of inflammatory remarks again. incidentally, i think marc zwiebler is a great inspiration and ambassador of the game - definitely one of my fav too. really hope he takes over from peter gade as the best european player but i know it won't be easy. he seems to possess such great finesse and character. his amazing fight back from his back injury in 2005 is just incredible - a wizard, a true star!
    [TABLE="class: ruler"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

12. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    a typical singaporean strategy, always counter an argument by hitting back on something else, right?

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

kwun,you're stating the obvious (nothing negative intended), shared by me, except that it may not necessarily go down well with everybody;as a matter of fact,I'm worried, it isn't good for badminton as a whole, but what to do.

For WS, I'm still hoping for Tai TY and Ithanon R or perhaps Carolina Marin or a certain Japanese hopeful...I almost forgot to add Sung JH, but none of them,so far, seems ready to take over the mantle from the non-CHN WS seniors, J Schenk, Saina, Tine,etc. As for the MS, Lin Dan is clearly the best with Lee CW not too close yet seriously threaten by Chen Long - in fact,these three are in a class of their own, with perhaps Lee HI and Sho Sasaki posing an outside chance,including PG,and maybe JOJ and Simon S (after this tourney) some might think. With the London OG only a couple months away, this scenario is very likely to be maintained until then.

For the MD, it's still a toss between CY/FHF and LYD/JJS. The WD, a foregone conclusion for the Chinese ID WangXL/YYang despite their recent break of continuous runs to a certain Jap pair. That leaves the XD which I think the ROW has the best chance of upsetting the CHN.

#173 Justin L, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I told you LD said to LYB to step aside and let him finish the bizzz. CJ was absolutely inept and WZM is still in la-la land. A fired up LD is good for the game. Roll on All-England!

15. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Too bad Juliane couldn't go through all the way.
    I remember saying this before, LXR is invincible!

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It sure is looking that way. Sooner or later one of the Wangs will give way to her. Looks like WSX is on the fence at the moment.

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Nah, LYD/JJS just threw the match away. All exhibition stuff to entertain the crowd. You know, it's the excuse du jour. They have bigger fish to fry at the All-England. ;)

18. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    I wonder where Li Han has disappeared to. Think she is quite good also. A dynastic change is in the making.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Yes i already posted a separate thread for this...What happens if Li Xuerui now reaches the fourth ranking and seems to playing alright against every player...WSX will lose her place for sure ? It's sad revelation and painful ultimatum for WSX really if she doesnt play well in the next few tournaments..

20. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Nozomi! Okuhara baby. But her ranking is not yet high enough to be able to enter the really big tournaments and kick some high-end butts.

#180 phil-mm, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012