Ggbc 2 Oakland Emeryville Opening!!!

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Oct 9, 2007.

1. WelshT

WelshT Regular Member

Business System Analyst
    RE: Thank you ALL too!

Hi Sally,

You could ask Lin Dan Zhang Ning when will they come to visit the ggbc (1 & 2) and the San Francisco bay area. Whenever they retire from playing maybe there will be a coaching openings at the ggbc.

Russell Okuno

2. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Zhang Ning and Lin Dan

Hello Russell,

I already asked Zhang Ning what she is going to do when she retires cos they won't be retiring late. She said she will be Coaching for China cos they give them such good terms there. They will take care of those whom have done so well for the Country. Actually I talked to Xia Xuan Ze as well (I think that's his name). He is also now coaching the China team and doing very well.:( SO... this I assume is going to be the path for most retired members of the China team, and for those of those who can't make that living in China, then they will come out of China if they are not good enough to coach there, or they will do something which is completely out of badminton becos they don't want to drown in Badminton for the rest of their lives! Not like US huh:rolleyes:?

Sally

3. Caryne Au

Caryne Au Regular Member

Interview with Zhang Ning and Lin Dan

Good luck in your tournament Sally.
    Wow!I wish I could play so much badminton like you do in hk right now.my knees are giving way!Anyway I should be on physiotherapy.
    I know what you meant by finding it hard to leave your racquet alone it's very addictive ya!There are just so much FUN & satisfaction with badminton. .

Interview ZN & LD; Sally don't think these are intelligent Qs to them but has been wondering for a long time. Perhaps you can help us find out huh?
    Would like to know if both had gone thru intensive and REGULAR mental strength training in china as much as in physical & skills training? They both shown exemplary mental strengths during tournament aside frm their skills. Perhaps get some insights on this if time permits.
    When is ZN likely to retire, would it be after Olympics in Beijing? Who is the opponent LD most weary of..Lee Chong wei or Taufik in the coming Olympic in Beijing?

Hoping that ZN & LD would continue playing badminton in the next super series next year.

Thanks Sally, have a fruitful trip to Beijing. Keep us updated.
    Take care.

Best wishes,
    Caryne

4. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Good Questions...

Thank you Caryne, I think you have great questions and they will certainly be on my list!!! :D
    Sally

Interview ZN & LD; Sally don't think these are intelligent Qs to them but has been wondering for a long time. Perhaps you can help us find out huh?
    Would like to know if both had gone thru intensive and REGULAR mental strength training in china as much as in physical & skills training? They both shown exemplary mental strengths during tournament aside frm their skills. Perhaps get some insights on this if time permits.
    When is ZN likely to retire, would it be after Olympics in Beijing? Who is the opponent LD most weary of..Lee Chong wei or Taufik in the coming Olympic in Beijing?

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Congratulations to GGBC2 Oakland Emeryville Opening !!!

Hi Sally,

Wishing you LUCK !!!

And it's great to find that you are back to active playing. :):):)

Please ask Lin Dan or Zhang Ning what suggestions they can think of, to make Badminton popular outside China, for example in the USA. They might reply with a idea that we have not thought of hitherto.

And... Congratulations to GGBC2 Oakland Emeryville Opening !!! :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

#25 chris-ccc, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm..

..Hi Sally,
    if you don't mind taking this 1 question from me, okay maybe it sounds silly, and ask both LD & ZN. Question is (somewhat similar to chris@ccc's question): would they be interested in coaching badminton outside of CHN, in a country where badminton is not so popular as in CHN? If yes, which country(ies) would they be interested in? Are they interested in coaching in the U.S.? And if no, what would make them change their mind?..:confused::cool:
    Thanks, Sally..:)