GGBCS Gold Friendship Tournament Synopsis & Photos, March 30, 2008, GGBC 1 Menlo Park

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Apr 19, 2008.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

[​IMG]

The second quarterly GGBCS Gold Friendship Tournament, held on March 30, 2008 was another great success. After an adrenaline pumping twenty two matches, G1 finally claimed the victory over G2. Compared with the last Gold Tournament in December, players now have more opportunity to play against different opponents after introducing the round-robin match rule.

The inter-club tournament is becoming more popular, thanks to so many dedicated players and their supporters. As a matter of fact, I had to allow one more Men's and Women’s Double pairs due to the sincere request of the players. Some of the returning players are from the GGBCS elite team, who I also practice and train with each week. Their skills and performance have been tested within the explosive games against their formidable opponents Nghia and Harjot. There is a new player to the arena I would like to introduce. She is Phoebe who is G2 club manager and she has been helping me organize all the inter-club tournaments. In order to better prepare for the tournament, she not only practiced on daily training, but also took the private lessons. It was great fun to watch how she was so committed to retrieve each shot in the games against more advanced players Colins and Bonnie. A lot of players have already told me they would train more and come back in the next tournament. It is great to see how the inter-club tournaments have motivated players of different levels and ages to participate more in our beloved sports badminton.

Let’s put our hands together again for the following Gold players! For their friendship and stellarperformance throughout the entire tournament!

G1 team:Stella Chung, Bonnie Chan, Lynn Xiu, Maoxia Zheng, Erica Lum, Daric Cheong, Colin Wu, Ronald Koko, Hiroki Ito, Regan Chan, Edric Kwong, Vinay Manivel

G2 team: Phoebe Wong, Caroline Chreng, Donna Tran, Maggie Lai, Tomoko Izvmoto, Loretta Chan, Nghia Tran, Harjot Singh, Simon Wong, Henry Jiang, Robert Lee, Derrick Chan, Darren Gee

On a final note to GGBCS Members & Friends:
    The next in-house GG Family tournament is our “GGBCS LITTLE STAR FRIENDSHIP TOURNAMENT”, for players less than ages 16. It will be held at GGBC 2, OAKLAND EMERYVILLE on SUNDAY, APRIL 27TH, 2008. Sign up NOW before it’s too late!

Let's hope all of you will come out and play our incredibly fun and challenging GG Team Tournaments in the future! It’s getting better every time! Come join us for the next GG Family EVENT!

With most sincere regards,

Li Feng Tan
    Member and Tournament Director of GGBC Home Games!

[​IMG]
    This will just slide over the net.. I know it.

[​IMG]
    Outta my way...

[​IMG]
    Let me show you what a shot is!

[​IMG]
    Oh woh woh.. not that way...

[​IMG]
    OWWW that hurts!

[​IMG]
    Off the ground Olympic move

[​IMG]
    This is a cool shot

[​IMG]
    Stilll... sweet victory..

[​IMG]
    Ok have a good laugh!

[​IMG]
    Ok I'll pass it to you lightly...

[​IMG]
    Hey.. now it's on the ground!

[​IMG]
    Wait a minute! What am I suppose to do with this feather!

[​IMG]
    OK this is my 1st tourney

[​IMG]
    Let me take a photo first...

[​IMG]
    Agghh nooo.. I'm gonna get smacked!

[​IMG]
    Chandra will be proud Vinay

[​IMG]
    I learned this move in dance class

[​IMG]
    I learned this move in Aerobics.. it hurts man..

[​IMG]
    Lifting is more intimidating

[​IMG]
    Don't get your other arm stuck in there

[​IMG]
    One leg like the pros!

[​IMG]
    That's a winner for sure

[​IMG]
    Oh oh...what is that..

[​IMG]
    Twisted jump.. Sore back after!

[​IMG]
    Yah it's so hard to reach even with one leg up!

[​IMG]
    Oh at least a foot off ground!

[​IMG]
    And off ground backhand facing the wall!

[​IMG]
    WILD LEAP forward!

#1 GGManagement, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

More Photos!

[​IMG]
    Does my stance look OK...

[​IMG]
    Birdie heading my way..

[​IMG]