Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

WOW.. Did Boe/Mo win 18/17SS amongst themselves as well?

2. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

I think this shows that the current MD is actually quite competitive, if we take minions out of the equation, I'm sure we will see several winners this year for the superseries, its just that the current generation of MD is simply out of luck that they are in the same generation as the minions.

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Boe/Mogensen win 16 SS.

I totally agree. Every MD pairs are equal. Minions are dominating as usual, but they can be defeated at an unexpected situation.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They blow all the other MD away because they are simply too good.

Also, a lot of MD is about motivation. AG victory is the motivating factor. I didnt even know how they get through InoueKaneko, GohTan and the Final offcourse . It was an extremely difficult draw when they were at their lowest performance. This gives them lots of belief when they trail they can bounce back unlike other MD , when they trail they just give up. Its just mentally too difficult to come back from a game down.

#2004 Yoji, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    badito likes this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, it's not like minions are much stronger or much better than the others in skills and everything else. Unlike the dominating pairs back then (after the new rally system) Cai/Fu, LYD/JJS, Fu/Zhang, LYD/YYS, Ahsan/Hendra or other Korean pairs when both players levels were clearly higher above the rest.

Kevin is sure the special entity (he has the X-factor as Boe called it) to this partnership. Marcus is not (that much) better than the others, but his game is good enough to make this pair works tremendously well. All thanks to the coach who had successfully convinced Kevin to give his best regardless his partner's level, I suppose:D I still remember watching their matches back in 2015 when Kevin always (plainly) showed his disappointment or frustration whenever Marcus made so many mistakes especially in critical time. Now he can actually smile about it and he is more than willing to cover his partner with all his might.

Never seen any pairs who can evolve drastically to something else during the match, those clearing tactics were just amusing. Now they are getting better at changing the pace during the rally too.
    In other words, they are brave and actually a crazy pair. Not easy to beat crazy people, because they are not afraid of the risk or to die trying:D:p

badito and wade like this.
  6. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

What really impressed me is how they improved so much when playing in slow hall/with slow shuttle. back then, well even in WC this year in nanjing they clearly struggling with the slow playing condition, and here we go...only 3 months after that WC they look like they enjoying themselves playing in slow hall/with slow shuttle, they knew what they need to do. I agree, tactically they're really improved.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just watched the replay of the final match again. I think I noticed Markus wife was sitting in front of Inoue?
    I suppose they are going to do some baby goods shopping in Hong Kong. He just made some extra pocket money to spend :D

8. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Finally kevin can play some jet ski again :D

9. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    SO I was at the Hong Kong Open as a reporter and I got to interview Kevin & Marcus on the second day of the tournament! I just included the brief post-game interview on my vlog about the first day of the tournament. Please check it out! Even though it was a brief post-game interview it was really exciting for me to be able to talk to them.

I'll be putting up a few more videos about the tournament later this week but I am ashamed to say that I didn;t interview Kevin & Gideon again. They tended to play the last game of the night, ending way after 11pm and I was too exhausted to wait for the games to finish so I admite I went back to the hotel before they stopped playing so I didn't have the chance....I know, I'm lame and old. ;)

justplaynow77, Rob3rt, j4ckie and 7 others like this.
  10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Nice Borkya..

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Cool!

Were Kevin and Marcus really that mini(ons) in live or in person?

12. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher

Haha, no, not compared to me. But the danish team (Boe and Mogensen) walked by me first and there was a considerable height difference between them and the minions. ;)

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

So happy that minions are the record holder for 10 consecutive finals victory in MD. Keep breaking records minions..

14. lurker

lurker Regular Member

my guess, Minions doesn't speak much english
    just enjoy the game! hahaa!

stanleyfm likes this.
  15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Cool!

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

That is a funny one with Gill hahahha
    anyway, have you ever thought to become a commentator? LOL

17. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Kevin speaks English way worse than Marcus.

Back in the day, Kevin had always pour his feelings out on social media.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

People make a direct appeal for empathy & respond by teasing him instead. :D:D

18. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Angel in the liver?

ROFL!

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

LOL yeah.. He was using the wrong translator or dictionary:D:D:D

I bet he he was saying Angel in his heart

Then again he dropped out from school (junior high?) to focus on badminton or so he said.
    But his parents said that Kevin just hated studying.:D

20. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Awwww, that makes me super sad. But I guess the people that are drawn to him for his attitude and antics aren't especially forgiving with showing weakness, which is too bad.

No. While I love talking I don't think I'd be a good commentator. Although when Gillian and I were talking we were talking about Tai Tzu ying and she said something like, "she's poised to break a world record because she won this one last year, and...the year before? Did she win it then?" And then she looked at me as if I would know! hahaha. I was like "I don't know! You're Gillian! I learn my facts from you!"

Thanks for watching everyone!