Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow.. Jaya Raya's list looks formidable (on paper)

For MD they have Marcus, Hendra, Kido and Rian.
    So far the info here were still about Kevin and Marcus team.

You can create a new one soon :) Thanks in advance

2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

nah, I'll just let @minions create the thread, thanks

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Nah, I will let you to create the thread. I don't have enough interest to create the thread for the Superliga. Also, I don't have enough info for them.

4. Master

Master Regular Member

At 2017 Superliga, Marcus and also Hendra were joining Berkat Abadi team when Jaya Raya didn't send their men's team for Superliga and Marcus was still a member of Tangkas BC.

The drawing is out. Djarum Kudus and Jaya Raya are in the same group (Group B), along with Jatim United and Hitachi. Meanwhile the defending champion (Musica) in the Group A along with Sports Affairs, Daihatsu Astec and Berkat Abadi.

5. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Kido is still playing? o_O

6. minions

minions Regular Member

Do you all know that the Chinese people's age is increased by one when Chinese New Year is up according to the Chinese age? Also, from the Chinese age, the newborn Chinese baby will start at age 1. Guess what, this means Marcus' son will be 2 years old after Chinese New Year according to the Chinese age while in reality the son is only 1 week.

P.S. : This post is maybe off-topic. But, it involves Marcus' son.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Better than the Koreans, they add 2 years to their age. No idea why.

Has Marcus named his baby by the way?
    Please don't tell me he named his baby "Han" or anything close that that hahaha

8. minions

minions Regular Member

I found the source that the baby's name is really MFG jr. I don't know if it is true or not. But, naming the first child with the exact father's name complete with the Jr. suffix doesn't sound right for me. Well, at least for Indonesians.

I will laugh so hard if he named his baby as Han. Oh, btw, I don't know about Marcus' Chinese surname. Anyone knows?

9. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

So both Kevin and Marcus have Chinese heritage? Interesting I never saw it discussed on Chinese sites. It used to be the case we only use their Chinese names if known (like we never called them Candra or Tony on Chinese sites)

10. minions

minions Regular Member

I can tell that they are Chinese just by looking at them. I don't know if they have Chinese name or not. The Chinese Indonesians nowadays don't seem to have Chinese name. But, at least, they should have the surname.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The baby's name is MFG Jr. ???? o_Oo_Oo_O Why not MFG II? Then the grandson will be MFG III, IV and so on..
    The video of him blinking and frowning was so cute haha

12. minions

minions Regular Member

If the son is named as MFG II, it will look like that Marcus is a king. Only king has the romawi in the name.

Many people find the baby's face looks similar with Marcus'. Even the smile is similar.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Getting pretty bored without any tournaments at all for weeks (though it's only been a week since the last one, feels like forever):p

So I checked out some of minions old All England video matches from 2015, 2017 and 2018.
    All England 2015 was their first ever tournament and they were beaten by Mads/Mads in QF. They looked even much tinier back then, so adorable and more innocence, Kevin was only 19 and very inexperienced:).

Fast forward in 2017 they met Madses again and they had transformed into some little cheeky monsters (but still tiny and still adorable:D) lol. Compared to two years ago, their roles in the partnership had become more apparent and designated Kevin as the front player and Marcus as the back player.

In 2018, they had shown another improvement yet again with their playing style, not only relying on their speed and attacks but also mixing it up with defensive plays and change of paces. I thought it was one of their best form I had ever seen them all years. Unfortunately they had struggled for months after their long break during TUC, WC and AG.

Anyway, it was quite enjoyable to see their development year after year. I think Kevin has improved even much more than AE last year. I really like his new form more now that he becomes more reliable and stable in slower playing conditions which they had been troubled so many times before. His (top) spin defense had worked wonders lately while back then he usually made 70% errors on them. Sad to say, his old (and bad) habits can never go away and after all this time I just have to accept it's just a part of him and nothing anyone can do can take it away from him.:confused:

It would be so interesting to see how they will do in AE this year. It might all depend on Marcus form I am afraid as he had not been in fine form in the past few months. His neck injury is a recurring one, and hope he could be more careful with it.
    However, with his new born baby Marcus Fernaly Gideon Jr., who knows the Sr. would feel much energized and inspired? I really hope he could be super saiyan not only in hairstyle but in his playing style too:D

wade likes this.
  14. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Normally the son would be Jr, the grand son III, the great grand son IV and so on. Naming your son Jr is a quite popular in US.

Davis Love III the golfer, Marvin Bagley III the NBA player, Willie Snead IV the NFL player are some examples with Roman numerals.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Steen won't be in All England this year :(:(:(

16. wade

wade Regular Member

I really don't understand why they prefer morten over steen :confused:

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

This is really complaining on a high level. The real issue is that utterly unbearable female commentator, who does not only have the most grating voice I've heard in casting so far, but also isn't able to offer any commentary on the game beyond simple descriptions of what I can see with my own eyes. Additionally, she continues to say 'get' instead of 'retrieval' or any other pseudonym, which is like nails on a chalk board to me :D
    I think the bwf is looking for a replacement for Gill, but seriously, this is not an option.
    Choosing one or another excellent commentator between Steen and Morten is inconsequential in comparison. Personally I'd like for both to do some tournents because I enjoy both, but both are without a question good at this (although I'd say Steen has better delivery, whereas Morten has more insight into the game and intricacies). Unless they refuse to work with each other I don't see why we couldn't have both when Gill isn't there. Or try an entirely new person, can hardly be worse than what you tried thus far...

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You mean the one who kept saying the players to find the holes? And even said that there were not so many holes in Men's doubles? o_O:rolleyes:
    Gill will live till 150 years old (I hope) if she had to be replaced by this other female commentator.

I personally prefer Steen over Morten, especially when MD is concerned. Even when Morten commentated lately what he had been saying was "Steen always says.. " "I was thinking exactly the same thing one minute ago" or "Steen mentioned this.. Steen told me that ...".:p
    Steen and Morten had worked together sometimes, but I think BWF prefer having Gill in every high level Tournaments final with either of the males. I guess Morten is the more senior of the two and when they commentate together, Morten always took Gill's role as the narrator while Steen's the tactical analyzer.

Can't think of any other female commentators they have tried before.. but of the male less major ones they had so far, I like that Phil (if I got his name right) guy rather than Paul or others.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Funny, I had the opposite impression regarding the Gill/Morten duo. I remember that Gill would usually praise something, and then he would go into a bit of detail of why it happened that way/what was so exceptional about the situation (or the other way around, when they would criticize - Gill would observe, and he'd either go into detail or out it into perspective). Only rarely do I remember Gill going in depth on something instead of Morten. Which is not a criticism at all, you can't have only one or the other (which is part of the reason this new person is so annoying - she lacks any depth or analytical prowess beyond "what a shot", "such a steep angle" or "so powerful").

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well Morten had been absent for a few years, and I am probably got too used to or even addicted to Steen's commentary. Can't find any cure for Steen withdrawal symptoms.

wade likes this.