Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TheNotorious

TheNotorious Regular Member

Their only chance will be Olympics 2020 to pursue the Olympics gold. Because in 2024, Gideon will be 34 and Sukamuljo might be not as fast as he is now. But if they could find the right partner, Sukamuljo still has a chance in 2024.

stanleyfm likes this.
  2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo is the Flash in Justice League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melon94 and samkool like this.
  3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Sweet....

4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I wonder if Kevin/Gideon will play in Malaysia, Indonesia Masters , IndiaOpen in January?

If its me, of course i'd still play even though tired. Just take opponents in front of you as money.

6. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Indonesia Masters, yes. they are the host and it serves as an early chance to try out the new Istora (yes it will be held in the just renovated Istora) with Asian Games coming to Jakarta next year. The othertourneys, it is better to have holiday before busy schedule with All England, TUC, Asian Games coming. Refreshing the mind

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Indonesian Master is a 2nd/3rd rated tournament just below the GP Gold level. Why would they participate there when there are tons of INA players playing there already.

8. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Indonesia Master will be at SS level next year
    It should be GPG level as well this year anyway, before cancelled and moved to next year Jan

indrg likes this.
  9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

There will be 15 SS next year, check '2018 Calender' thread. Some are upgraded, e.g Thailand will have an SS.
    Furthermore, Indonesia Malaysia and China will have 2 SS for both Open and Masters. Australia is being downgraded to GPG though

Well, I am also disappointed with those fans. Yeah, there are just many things that have to be addressed. I am sorry for the inconvenience
    Can't say much on the organizer and those fans

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ahh that's in 2018 already? I had thought it would be later. Makes sense then. 15 including or excluding PSS? If excluding, SS tournament attendance is going to take a severe hit, no one will play 20+ events

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Indonesian fans also cheered for and supported players from other countries too. If the players show respect, we will respect in return. Many players actually like Indonesia and adored by INA fans, especially those who shown love to us like LYD, CQC, LCW, CM and many more. Before we ask if there's something wrong with the fans, what triggered the fans to be outraged?

Don't like Minions, Indonesian Superseries? One have choice to not watch them right?;)

Smash Kopong likes this.
  12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Gill Clark sounds like a big fan of Minions :D:D:D

13. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

this is what is called as the 'privilege of power' ;)
    Indonesia is the powerhouse in badminton, such that some of the most important tournaments is held in INA
    a person will not say 'well, you have the choice to participate and watch the tournament' if he comes from, for instance, Macau because it is important for them to keep stars coming there and attract many people to watch it

yeah yeah, just like Ratchanok is bullied by some Indonesian fans after posting the picture of her with Nozomi and Marin in Junior Championship (but cropping out Elyzabeth Purwanintyas from INA because she wanted to say congrats and how far the 3 has gone to become world champion) until she has to retract from her instagram

14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    What about how the INA fans supported her when she was injured facing Lindaweni at INA Open 2015? She was always warmly welcomed and adored by many INA fans.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Bomo in particular is unlikeable guy to begin with.

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

exactly, that is my point.
    some will not like it, some will be okay with a player's behavior, some will hate it

the question is: does it mean, all behavior that is perceived to be bad by someone/somefan must be responded with a hated comment or behavior as well (by the person/fan that percieve it as a bad behavior)?
    It is like a child isn't it: because you do this to me (or my idol), I will do this to you.
    Meanwhile, some other people think that the behavior is just normal and they see these fans who do 'an eye for an eye' behaves like a child (even though they are mostly adult)

17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    That is agreeable by many INA fans.

And Minions has beaten them twice in straight sets in Japan Open and China Open. Herry IP already has strategy to face them and if BoMo doesn't change their way to play Minions, it's only a matter of time their H2H will be more to Minions as they are closing in now at 4-3.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They want to defend their Hattrick, dont think they will skip SS tournaments just to let others win.. They can take it as training exercise though. QF results are also Ok.

It really shouldnt be too tired for them imagine others playing 2 matches everyday for 2 weeks like all the Chinese players.

Of course wouldnt say doubles are necessarily tiring because playing doubles are more tired in the mind ( you need to get ready every serve unlike singles and thats really tiring especially in Men's Double)

Its the most mind and mental tiring discipline.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

a) BoMo are two guys.
    b) the last 4 years theyve behaved worlds better than the Minions
    c) chanting sh*t at players because you simply dont like them much lacks any class and is extremely boorish (not to mention childish) behaviour.

Regarding the 'don't like it, don't watch it's argument made earlier - well, that is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I'm not a big fan of a second INA tournament because that's another tournament that'll be unenjoyable to watch if an INA player/pair plays, or someone they don't like for some stupid reason. At least as long as the fans behave that way, that is.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I really dont agree with that point, I think the concentration and mental energy required are the same for all disciplines. You don't want to be fooled by a long serve in singles either, or start late if you mis-time your footwork during an opponents shot or sth....while doubles have more potential for physically easy matches if it's two clear games, a close 3-game match will always be physically and mentally tiring and stressful for all players across all disciplines.
    Regarding the Minions playing many tournaments in quick succession - I think it's actually a mix of physical and mental fatigue that builds up. When traveling a lot, most people will miss their home and the stability of being in one place, and that will tire them out mentally. Playing a tournament almost every week (and playing finals in them) also means that something that wouldn't be an issue in training, where you can rest your shoulder for 3-4 days and concentrate on other stuff instead, can develop into an injury if you're playing tournament matches almost every day and can't take a break or decrease the intensity.
    So far, I've been pretty impressed with their ability to maintain a high intensity over several tournaments in a row, though. As long as Gideon's body holds up, I don't think the mental aspect is going to be too much of an issue for them.

samkool likes this.