Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Sack Herry IP, promote Aryono as MD head coach and Flady Limpele as Assistant Head Coach. We need regeneration.

2. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

there was sigit pamungkas and most recently chafidz yusuf

i don't really count mulyo handoyo personally

3. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

LOL this place is able to discuss this topic in a civil manner and not ignoring Kevin’s side compared to social media. In the toxic social medias, of course predictably people are nuts. People are keep repeating debunked things and spewing frankly dumb stuff are just crazy.

Many overlooking claims of Herry’s bad behavior and alleged suggestion of match fixing because he is a coach, older and has wise image, etc in favour of bashing Kevin because ‘he should be more polite’, 'respect your elders', or he should shut up about that accusation. I even read a baffling random post that said a coach has rights and is allowed to have absolute authority over their players. Or how Kevin should learn from Lin Dan about how to respect his coach (are we forgetting about Lin Dan vs Ji Xinpeng?).

And stan wars made it even worse. Some stans of other pairs would hijack to prop up their faves, intentionally obstuse or misinterpreted stuff on purpose to spread more fire and hate. Many Minions stans are annoying, not going to lie. But stuff that I saw from their haters (especially Kevin’s haters) or stans of other athletes (not all, just rotten fanatical ones) over the years whenever they have their ‘chance‘ are just sickening. Some openly gloating that they hate Kevin and very happy to have chance to bully him. Many sound envious and keep bringing up the amount of his money, his rich/ celebrity friends, his wealthy GF and family (and of course their media business and would-be in-laws’ political party). Just overall sad people.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just noticed, notable players that had problems with Herry (like Sigit, Kido, Marcus, Kevin) are on the shorter side. Coincidence, I suppose, but quite amusing.

Kevin stated that he doesn't want to be under Coach Herry anymore, which could be tricky.

Minions going pro but with The Daddies’ arrangement would be a good outcome. While they have resources, high level sparring partners are harder to attain. Both Marcus and Kevin have good relationships with many former national players but of course that’s different with sparring with current, internationally competitive INA Pelatnas players.

Outcome with Herry out or demoted would vilify Kevin even more. Many are really glorifying him like MezzL said, like he’s Li Yong Bo or something.

Because of IO and this case, many have this image of Kevin being spoiled, ungrateful with bad attitude. Even though some bad things attributed to him already debunked. He’s always silent and this is the first time he ever said anything about the situation. I hope it doesn’t discourage him.

For me, some stuff he had done on court in the past are cringe and he should know better. But off court, people who know him are saying good things and how nice he is. He keeps silent until he couldn’t take anymore and usually his outbursts are blunt and unfortunately not worded well.

He’s still my current INA favorite player with the Great Hendra, so of course I want this situation to end well for him. I also salute Marcus. He was in this situation before and now dragged into it again (also will have a third child soon, wish him and wife a good luck).

- - - - - - - - -

Apparently the chairman of PBSI will respond (to the conflict), the fastest would be on Thursday afternoon (of INA time). But unclear if the response is direct (internally) or something that would be announced to the press. We’ll see.

#6503 Lucan, Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  4. sen

sen Regular Member

I reread the first 3 pages of this thread and there are discussions there about the heights
    And looking at that, at that time I wondered why they are paired together now it seems so clear that they are together because coach herry does not believe in short players. And the minions proved him wrong by using speed and fitness to be no 1 for a long time even though both are not heavy hitter

5. wade

wade Regular Member

Herry IP wasn't the one who pair them up though, it was Chafidz Yusuf.

j4ckie likes this.
  6. It'sMeMeMe

well i did say herry would still be head coach for MD but won't touch minions......i thought that counts as minions not under herry's thumbs anymore

oh well i could be wrong.....that could be undo-able.....and minions could go indy or maybe herry goes early retirement (this one seems unlikely though i think)

whatever it is deep down i still think minions is done for....they're past their era......kinda similar to momota in this regard

7. It'sMeMeMe

that's why PBSI is stoooopid to kill the good one but keep the rotten one.......the higher up PBSI management is clueless.....almost always been

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

PBSI did not extend the contract of chafidz yusuf probably because they wanted to hire Flady Limpele, ex Eng Hian's double pair partner as coach.

9. It'sMeMeMe

so PBSI kicks the good one, keeps the rotten one, and hires a relatively unproven one......

yeah definitely nothing wrong with that :rolleyes:

10. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

It end well. Both apologized and still under the same umbrella.

While I’m not sure that their problem really resolved completely in a very short time, at least both apologized and managed to control their ego because both of them have fault in the matter.
    And Coach Herry said that they already had train together again.

A press conference was held.

Kevin Sanjaya dan Herry IP Damai, Saling Memaafkan
    (Kevin Sanjaya and Herry IP Made Peace, Forgiving Each Other)

Of course, zero peep about the alleged past match fixing suggestion by Coach Herry.

Fajar posted a pic of members of current main INA MD squad including Kevin (bar Daddies) together with Herry IP that apparently was taken yesterday night. Ready for the European tour.

[​IMG]

Based on location and place, some fans speculated it was taken at a newly opened restaurant at the Park Hyatt Jakarta, a hotel owned by the family of Valencia (Kevin’s fiancée). I do aware that current PBSI chairman, Agung Firman Sampurna is also a higher up in MNC Group (also owned by Valencia’s family). If the connection somehow helped them to reach this conclusion, I’m all for it. This ending is better that what I thought it would be.

Also, the same journalist that fuel the fire seemingly painted himself helping to brought this internal problem to light and ended peacefully. He also still said that ‘Herry apologized for his comment that hurt Kevin’. What a way to simplify it. As if he didn’t wrote that interview article with Herry’s personal assumptions written in a way that make all the hate and vitriol aimed at Kevin by public much worse. Some journalist/outlet also tried to bait reaction with their posts. Annoying.

But whatever, this is a good result.

#6510 Lucan, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  11. It'sMeMeMe

yeah right end this way......i don't buy it....this 'arrangement' will only last for a while only.....i'm sure of it

samkool likes this.
  12. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

Possibly. Because how stern Kevin's decision was just few days ago (unless it was just an outburst), all seemingly pointed into going pro if necessary. The silent treatment and ghosting were on going for more than 2 months. This is a very quick resolve indeed. They do claim that this is not a big problem, just overblown by the media.

We'll see. If this is just a temporary arrangement, the fuller picture would reveal itself later. Maybe even by the early next year, if any big change happens or anyone (or 2) would left.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

Kevin might think he was being underestimated before 2017, but since then he's actually became both PBSI & coach favorite. I really didn't expect herry ip to apologize like that, he didn't apologize to gideon back then, or to players who aren't in pelatnas anymore, yet he apologize to kevin. well let's see what gonna happen in the future.

14. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Let’s just accept this happy ending for now! : )

Lucan likes this.
  15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Only after minions regains 1st rank in the world and win the Final BWF World Tour this year, then they will become professional.

16. evilster

evilster Regular Member

Student
    The first game from minion is good. Hope the minions are back~

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Runners up in DenmarkOpen.

Next year will be hot.

18. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

Totally forgot about the European tour.

Minions played more like their usual selves. Marcus losing weight is definitely great for his injury recovery and Kevin is sharp and fierce again. But both uncharacteristically nervous and losing focus in the final. Their loss is on them, I think months without playing nor reaching finals mess them up but they already acknowledged it. Better luck in the future.

Early next year they’ll be unseeded after a long long time. Harder path for Minions but basically an unwanted bomb for any seeded pairs for R32.

19. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

They were losing focus again. Exhaustion and bleeding finger aside, in R32 they blanked a lot and easily frustrated. They let opponents’ delaying get into them and it shows. More time needed to rebuild their mental fortitude. This is the only year they have ever been without any title. I thought that Odense fast hall is the best opportunity but oh well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, INA fans managed to found out that Kevin will get married in France. And if it’d happen not too long after the French Open, he might come back to INA as a married man. But if it’s for later date, then Minions’ absent for the rest of the year is the time.

Initially I only heard fans talking about Valencia flew to Paris to see French Open and Kevin. But not too long after people found out that wedding event professionals already hired for the upcoming ‘V & K wedding’ including French ones and they’re booking places like huge beautiful château and church for the occasion. Valencia inspecting the locations and she keeps dropping hints. Prior to this I thought that it was just pre-wedding stuff and typical photo session but more and more signs are pointing out to actual wedding. Valencia’s sisters’ weddings had multiple receptions, so I expect at least another reception in INA.

Whoa. It finally happened. Never thought of this day will come, ever since I put attention on Kevin at the Sea Games 2015. He still looks like a schoolboy sometimes, even today; so him being married is a bit jarring image, inevitable as it is.

And Marcus’ youngest child might be born on early 2023. Another motivation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now with a big plan will be out of the list, I hope Minions will back on their feet again and be more focus for the future.

They’re INA MD6 now, and Mr Roedyanto already said that for next year, possibly it’d no longer be using best 10 points for the world ranking, but the best 14. Which would kick Minions further down because they’re only collected points from 7 tournaments.

They’re a type that need to compete constantly to maintain themselves and usually underperform after hiatus/ long break. Play more tournaments in early 2023 (S300 included, please) to get the feeling and rhythm back. Sudirman Cup without Daddies (they’re not going to participate for regeneration) and Minions will be weird.

20. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Marcus seems to be doing his best Boris Johnson impression at the moment with that hairstyle!