Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well at least minions and fajar/rian weren't there. Li/Liu and Liu/Zhang aren't there either.. haha I mean most of the top. then

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ah okay you actually read through the entries, from your post it seemed like you were concluding all that from the fact that Kamura/Sonoda are seeded #1....since they're ranked #3 that only excludes minions/LiLiu

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just checked the BWF world ranking and apparently they rewarded the players same points as BAC for the AG individual event (same level as Super 500). The gold medalists get 9200 points, and though minions won the tournament it wasn't included in their best 10 tournament results so far. If my calculation was correct, their points will stay intact even though they didn't win Japan Open next week.

Having nothing better to do than calculating ranking points right now:D:D

5. Master

Master Regular Member

Yeah, their points remain intact. But still Japan Open this year provide greater points which is 11,000 points for the champion.

6. wade

wade Regular Member

I just read the comment from kevin/marcus and fajar/rian after the match and they all talk about how the shuttle is really slow. is the shuttle really that slow though ? like in nanjing ?

7. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

this new yellow shirt that fajar/rian wear in japan open look better than the one minions had, they should ask yonex for this instead :D

fajri jersey.png

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yonex should hire a new designer :(:(

9. Master

Master Regular Member

So, the favorite "yellow" color is owned by Fajar/Rian actually.

Starting in 2017, Kevin/Gideon's sponsor changed from Victor to Yonex. (Source)

Starting in 2018, Fajar/Rian follow the path of Minions, their sponsor also changed from Victor to Yonex. Then, what a coincident with that favorite yellow thing.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

So now Yonex is giving the "yellow" to Fajar/Rian? Pretty obvious what Yonex is trying to do here.
    Fine, at least change the striped design for the minions? Or at least give them a larger size ones? :D:p

Master likes this.
  11. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Wow.. Marcus is crowned as one of Toyota Heroes. :cool::p

[​IMG]

along with Schooling, Singaporean first-ever Olympic gold champion.

[​IMG]

Toyota Motor Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd, along with Borneo Motors Singapore launched Toyota's 'Start Your Impossible' initiative in Asia, on 13 September 2018, at the Infinite Studios. 'Start Your Impossible' is Toyota's first global corporate initiative which marks Toyota's transformation into a mobility company that is not just about cars.

At the launch, Toyota announced its region-wide partnership with Olympic and Paralympic athletes across Asia, supporting their journey to the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020 and their advocacy for various social clauses which includes 'Championing safer roads' and 'Taking a stand against bullying'.

Congrats Marcus..! :):p

#1611 RoarRa, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    indrg and yuquall like this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow congrats Marcus.

Does that START YOUR IMPOSSIBLE has a deeper meaning for Marcus?:D:D

13. wade

wade Regular Member

6 final out of 8 tournament for minions this year, that's pretty impressive...especially considering they hasn't been on the same level as when they won the all england since the tuc.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd also credit some of that to other pairs stepping up and finally exploiting the weaknesses more

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Them being in 6 finals out of 8 tournaments credit to other pairs stepping up and exploiting their weaknesses? o_O

But yeah I think in many ways that's true, this way they can keep getting stronger. Still I kind of expect Marcus to improve his fitness though, a few smashes and he is leaning on the kit box after the rally :D:p Not a good prospect.
    As they are shorter than many MD players, Marcus ability to smash deep and hard constantly is really crucial especially in the slow hall. I know it is easier said than done but many major events are going to be held in show halls, they got lucky to have the AG in Jakarta.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Their level supposedly dropping off. Yeah, partially that's because they're off their hot streak (though it was unreasonable to expect them to continue playing at their very best anyway), but I think it's also because other pairs are slowly starting to translate their coaches' analysis into the game. They're exploiting their not too strong back court play more, focusing on Markus and adapting to the speed they bring. Anyhow, they're still in the Final, so it's not like they dropped off a cliff :D

badito likes this.
  17. wade

wade Regular Member

true, lot of pairs now seems to avoid the flat game and lift more when they play the minions...I think minions need to work on their attacking game when the tempo is slow.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Congratulations to Kevin/Marcus on their 6th titles of the year. :):)
    When most of people thought they would have gotten destroyed badly today, it was actually them who did the destruction. :D

Whatever the problem with Li (or both), minions managed to display their aggressive attacking play in this unfavorable slow hall all through the match. Quite the contrast of what I would have expected to see in this final though.
    Hope they could keep it up in China Open next.

And really, what was wrong with Li Junhui? All the work he had to do up till the final drained his energy? He seemed to be moving around in daze. I didn't really watch their match against the Chen/Wang yesterday, was it really draining?

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  19. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    IMO, 2 quick games wouldn't drain Li/Liu's energy

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

16th big titles in their career. Gangbuster. LYD i am coming for you said Kevin lol.